PlayStation 3 Exclusive Content As Well?

rockstarrem

1UP.com recently put an article up concerning exclusive content on the PlayStation 3. Sony's head of development, Phil Harrison, got asked if they had a plan to rival with the Xbox 360's exclusive content for Grand Theft Auto: IV. Here is what Phil Harrison said:

"As the head of the [internal Sony] studios, it's hard for me to comment on the third-party relations, so I don't know the details of that -- we deliberately keep those separate -- but we have a great relationship with Rockstar and we're actually working closely with them on a number of initiatives, so I do know some things that are going on, but I'm not able to share those with you now."

This does not mean that Grand Theft Auto: IV on the PlayStation 3 will have downloadable content like the Xbox 360, but it's looking more likely that you PS3 owners will get something special. What that is we don't know yet, but stay tuned to TheGTAPlace for all of the latest updates on this matter.

Thanks Charger and Adriaan

Link: 1UP.com Article

If you ask me Sony shouldn't be worrying about getting exclusive GTA IV content and should be worrying about Microsoft not stealing the last exclusives they have. But good news for all you PlayStation fans I guess. BTW, very nice first post rockstarrem.

Thanks, Misho :). I believe that Sony should have the same content as Microsoft, and vice versa. It's only fair really. Maybe Microsoft's contract will be for about a year or so (similar to Sony's exclusive rights) and etc.

Yeah it really could. But I like the idea of having it a year later, just when i'm a little bored of it. Perhaps it shall be better that way.

Still, nice post RS.

Keep it up!

Thanks man!

I agree about the year later thing, kind of what Oblivion did. They released an expansion pack back in March or April I think it was. Got people back into the game, although I'm sure we won't get bored of it that easily.

I wouldn't be so sure of GTAIV going to PC, you just have to look at recent GTA games such as VCS and LCS which never came to PC

it should be dude, GTA IV is for consoles, like charger and mvi said, the only reason LCS and VCS was never came for pc is because they'd look 10 times crappy than the PS2 version.

besides, Microsoft already trust them for $50.000.000,00 so why would they skip that opportunitty? and yep, it'll be most likely for Vista

1UP.com recently put an article up concerning exclusive content on the PlayStation 3. Sony's head of development, Phil Harrison, got asked if they had a plan to rival with the Xbox 360's exclusive content for Grand Theft Auto: IV. Here is what Phil Harrison said:
"As the head of the [internal Sony] studios, it's hard for me to comment on the third-party relations, so I don't know the details of that -- we deliberately keep those separate -- but we have a great relationship with Rockstar and we're actually working closely with them on a number of initiatives, so I do know some things that are going on, but I'm not able to share those with you now."

This does not mean that Grand Theft Auto: IV on the PlayStation 3 will have downloadable content like the Xbox 360, but it's looking more likely that you PS3 owners will get something special. What that is we don't know yet, but stay tuned to TheGTAPlace for all of the latest updates on this matter.

Bold: Are you saying the PS3 will be getting the exclusive content? Cause it's been clarified already the 360 has exclusive content.

But good news for Sony if they get some too, something to look forward if you have one.

Bold: Are you saying the PS3 will be getting the exclusive content? Cause it's been clarified already the 360 has exclusive content.

But good news for Sony if they get some too, something to look forward if you have one.

The 360 is getting 2 exclusive episodic content downloads. The PS3 could still get content, just not like the 360's. What the 360 is getting the PS3 wont, there are just too many people on here that think that just because the 360 is getting these two episodic contents that the PS3 wont get any kind of downloadable content. I'd don't think that's true at all.

The PS3 version might get extra vehicles, weapons, clothing or even episodes as well...just not the ones the 360 is getting. That's my opinion.