My DVD player

Huckleberry Pie

I used my dad's Pioneer XV-DV131 player (Region 3), and after a while, the region stuff screwed up and the "Please Select Region" warning appeared on the TV screen. I'm looking for some Region 3 firmware for this unit, but so far I haven't found one. Could someone please help me?? :huh:

The only beef with DVD is that you'll be forced to stick with the region crap, which was seen as a failed experiment to regulate disk sales. If you slap a DVD encoded for a different area in your drive several times then that would be a lot of headaches and ROM hacking... :pissedred:

Edited by Huckleberry Pie

Google returns nothing.

Do you still have the instruction manual for it? If so I suggest you read it to find out if you're able to change the region on it yourself.

For example, on my Dad's Sony dvd player, for instance if you wanted to set it to region 2... you can hold down the number 2 on the remote for 5 seconds, then turn the dvd player on and it will be set.

Google returns nothing.

Do you still have the instruction manual for it? If so I suggest you read it to find out if you're able to change the region on it yourself.

For example, on my Dad's Sony dvd player, for instance if you wanted to set it to region 2... you can hold down the number 2 on the remote for 5 seconds, then turn the dvd player on and it will be set.

Too bad I apparently lost the manual; I just couldn't find out a way to get rid of this mess... I just slapped an MP3 disc, changed player mode from radio to dvd and out comes the crap screen! If only that hacking DVD hardware is only as easy as eating pie... :(

Edited by Huckleberry Pie

buy a new DVD Player man

I don't have enough dough for that, that's why I'm asking for some firmware help...

where you live what money you use in "strawberryland"

If you don't stop coming into topics being a complete IDIOT, I'm suspending you. I've told you about that time and time again.

As for OP: Check out the manufacturer's website and look for a toll free number (Tech support even better)