facts

shaunw

here are some facts for gta4

• Boats have been confirmed, so sea travel is possible.

• Once again there will be girlfriends in the game whether you like it or not.

• Climbing ladders has not been confirmed in GTA 4 but during the 15 minute demo of the game that Reiner played he said that Niko did ascend a telephone to get a bird's eye view of Liberty City. He also said it was quite impressive seeing his body weight transfer from side to side as he climbed the pole, so this could be a good indication that Niko will have the ability to climb ladders.

• When stealing cars on the street, there will now be several different animations (besides smashing the window)

• Rockstar have claimed to be focusing a lot of attention to the targeting system in GTA IV. Improving it dramatically from the, lets face it, inaccurate system used throughout the series - GTA3 onwards. When Targeting onto an object, the camera is said to zoom in behind Bellic's shoulder - Resi Evil 4

• As GTA IV is set in the present day or near future, Niko now has the gift of the good old mobile phone. This will be used to make calls with his various contacts to receive missions. Other possible uses for the phone have been rumored but nothing else has been set in stone as of yet.

• In an article in the official Xbox magazine in the U.S, it confirmed that car trunks would be a new game feature. When they approached the parked car in Broker from behind, the Admiral that so many publications got to see getting broken into, information prompt came up on the top left side of the screen, indicating to press the left bumper or "LB" button of the Xbox 360 controller in order to open the trunk. This button is the equivalent of the PlayStation controller's "L1" button. Whether this feature will only be used in missions or at anytime during gameplay is yet to be known.

• Rampages, Unique Jumps and Rhinos MIGHT be cut from the game.

• During the 2nd trailer you can see that Niko shoots at a car and the bullet holes are actually visible on the car (screenshot here), a few seconds later you can see that the windowscreen on the car shows the bullet holes and the glass actually cracks when the bullets go through the glass (screenshot here).

• The 360 EZine reports that time based missions are definitely in the game. It also mentions 'time limited actions.' For example: If a train leaves at 10.00pm and you arrive an 10.01pm, you fail the mission.

All of the following are taken from the exclusive GameTM Preview

•It has been confirmed that neither Ammunation nor Pay and Spray will be returning this time round. Niko has to call arms dealers on his mobile to deliver weapons to a certain location.

• A new wanted level system will be included in the game. Now that you will gain a wanted level for every crime you commit in public, a circular search area will appear on your radar. If you're outside of this area, the cops wont be able to find you, like they always could in previous titles Every time you are spotted the circle will move to that location.

• The internet is availible for Niko to use in the game also. Being the age of the computer, that we are in, it would seem foolish for Rockstar to completely ignore such a feature. Niko can use the internet to gain information about contacts or people he needs to kill. their location for example. This opens the gateway for many other interavtive things to do within Liberty.

• the 'trip skip' taxis are back after a long absence since Vice City. if you fail a mission or can't be bothered with the long drives, just hop in a cab and you'll be there in no time!

•Missions can span over several GTA days. For example, you may recieve a mission on a Tuesday and have to wait til Thursday to complete the task. This suggests you can do other missions in between.

• The GamesTM exclusive preview reveals 2 of the missions that will appear in GTA IV. So look away now if you dont want any...

Mission 1: In the demo, Niko recieves a call concerning "shady lawyer" Goldberg, of Goldberg, Ligner & Shyster (GLS) Niko needs to get an interview with Goldberg, so he can 'dispose of him.' Niko uses the internet to his advantage.

Mission 2 -'Call and Collect': Next in the demo, Niko pays a visit to somebody called McReary, at Castle Gardens, a coast-side hangout overlooking the Statue of Hapiness. McReary has had a memory stick stolen from him which contains sensitive data, and he wants Niko to retrieve it for him.

• When purchasing clothes, you have to choose the items from the shelf individually.

• Little Jacob (a caribbean arms dealer) is a good friend of Niko's cousin. When you buy weapons from him (which are kept in his trunk) you can scroll through them like you did in Ammu-Nation in the previous GTA games

• Determining which figures you need to kill requires perception - there are no arrowheads to direct you like in the previous games.

• Once you gain a wanted-level, the map flashes with circles of blue and red, with each circle representing the line of sight of the police chase. The circles differ in size depending on your wanted-level.

• The default camera view when driving rests around the left-hand side of the car above the road.

• The combat rests somewhere between Resident Evil 4 and Gears of War in terms of style, allowing you to roll, find protection and blind-fire from behind cover

• Shooting different parts of the body has different impacts (e.g shoot a security guard in the foot at the top of the stairs, and he'll come tumbling down.)

• In GTA IV you have to develop relationships with other characters. Your relationship with Little Jacob, for example, is maintained through phone calls and loyalty. Developing good relationships with different characters can provide different rewards.

what are you talking about? it doesn't matter if some are already known, he did a good job mixing them in 1 topic.

good job shaunw :lol: , but i gotta ask you some things

• The 360 EZine reports that time based missions are definitely in the game. It also mentions 'time limited actions.' For example: If a train leaves at 10.00pm and you arrive an 10.01pm, you fail the mission.

isn't that a false information? i forgot where i saw that, but i think that information is false

• When purchasing clothes, you have to choose the items from the shelf individually.

so that means we can change clothing like in SA :lol: , i like it!!!

even though i don't really care much for that feature in SA, i hope R* will improve it.

• In GTA IV you have to develop relationships with other characters. Your relationship with Little Jacob, for example, is maintained through phone calls and loyalty. Developing good relationships with different characters can provide different rewards.

i believe that this feature is an improvement from gang respects in GTA 2, when some of the gangs like you if you does missions for them, but some of them will hate you ^_^

In GTA Four you can surf the net via the Liberty City ISPs. Does this mean that Monsieur Niko can do the same on his camera phone, using GPRS/EDGE/3G?

i dont think so

i think itll only be computers and laptops

it would be good if we can use our cell

probably more like dead rising

even though i don't really care much for that feature in SA, i hope R* will improve it.

im still going to shoot them just for fun...

i believe that this feature is an improvement from gang respects in GTA 2, when some of the gangs like you if you does missions for them, but some of them will hate you ^_^

im seriously just gunna get one contact and be a total bitch to him and see what happens.

probably more like dead rising

im still going to shoot them just for fun...

im seriously just gunna get one contact and be a total bitch to him and see what happens.

you prolly wont be able to do there missions until it goes up again

but it would be funny watching the get pissed off at you lol

• 2 weeks later...

I know I might (probably will) pissed some people off by asking my question, but did R* said there will be girlfriends ? I mean, I never found a quote of any R* rep. sayin' that there will be girlfriend. My point is that they said you'll have to develop good relationships with people but that doesn't mean "love relationships". It could only be doind lil' jobs for people to have a favor back...Anyways, it has been in my head for a couple a days now, and I just needed to let it out (lol).