The Car Garages

I have two questions about the car modding garages

1) The one in San Fierro in Doherty, just across from CJ's, HOW DO YOU BUY IT?! Do you have to complete the driving school?

2) How come at random times the Transfender ones won't open? Usually if I'm in an unmoddable car it lets me in THEN says no.

I have two questions about the car modding garages

1) The one in San Fierro in Doherty, just across from CJ's, HOW DO YOU BUY IT?! Do you have to complete the driving school?

2) How come at random times the Transfender ones won't open? Usually if I'm in an unmoddable car it lets me in THEN says no.

1) Yes. You have to complete Driving School, then Jethro will give you a call and Wang Cars will be available to buy.

2) Wait by the entrance, maybe?

You must be driving a car or vehicle that isn't modifiable in there. Check out all the different vehicles and where they can be modded HERE to give you a clear idea which cars/vehicles are moddifiable in which mod shops, apart from Transfender.

In PS2 v1.0, the only time that Transfender won't open for a compatible car is when the city the mod shop is located in isn't accessible yet.