What came first at the beginning? Chicken or Egg?

Slyde

What came first at the beginning of the life of a Chicken?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What came first?

• Chicken
    • Egg

I think it was two chickens who laid eggs. So, the chicken.

Besides, it doesn't make sense if the egg came first. An egg needs the mother henn to keep it warm and to feed the chiclet once it hatches. The egg would never develope or hatch without that and would die before it was born.

Besides, it doesn't make sense if the egg came first. An egg needs the mother henn to keep it warm and to feed the chiclet once it hatches. The egg would never develope or hatch without that and would die before it was born.

So where'd the hen come from? I say the egg.

So where'd the egg come from? <_<

Well, the egg had to come from something.

Edited by Rashon125

Simple ... The chicken came first through evolution. Then again if it evolved form a species that laid eggs then the egg would have came first, the early "chickens" probably developed more and more during each generation resulting in an egg that hatched a chicken that we know today.

>.< ... I just argued against what I choose. Go me.

Well, the egg had to come from something.

That is called a chicken. I win.

That is called a chicken. I win.

So then where'd the chicken come from? Lol, I'm confusing myself.

Simple ... The chicken came first through evolution. Then again if it evolved form a species that laid eggs then the egg would have came first, the early "chickens" probably developed more and more during each generation resulting in an egg that hatched a chicken that we know today.

Okay, that makes sense. I'm stumped now.

Edited by Rashon125

It's inexplicable either way. So let's say one day it was just there, the big bang caused a chicken/egg to suddenly appear. Now if you think logically, the egg wouldn't survive without a CHICKEN to take care of it and make it hatch.

So, in fact, it was either two chickens or a chicken AND an egg who came first. I think.

It's inexplicable either way. So let's say one day it was just there, the big bang caused a chicken/egg to suddenly appear. Now if you think logically, the egg wouldn't survive without a CHICKEN to take care of it and make it hatch.

So, in fact, it was either two chickens or a chicken AND an egg who came first. I think.

Good point, unless there is a specie of bird that could survive in an egg without a mother to protect...

Dude, you're making no sense. We're saying what came FIRST, no one cares if it survived or not (well some would but you understand). We know the egg came from the chicken but the chicken came from the egg whilst the egg came from the chicken and you get the whole point.

And at your last comment: Explain?

actually what came first was the evolutionary step back, the jungleflow. the ancestor of the chicken.

there was a defect in the genes that made a chicken inside an egg.

meaning the egg came first. then the chicken made constantly defective offspring (the chicken) with other jungleflow, making actually more chickens then there are jungleflow.

egg

If you guys think that the chicken came from another specie of bird, where did the other of specie of bird come from? It must of had an egg before it as well.

you know, not all things lay eggs. the ancestors of the jungleflow could have not laid eggs, but a reproductional defect or crossbreed could have made it lay eggs instead of give birth.

Edited by tilly