Flooding in England

Chris

Oh yeah it was Northern England that flooded last month, it's the South West now.

Good thing is it wasn't 'flash flooding', we all knew it was gonna happen because of the weather forecasts and just realising it actually is gonna flood after it's been raining so much. - But yeah that's why no ones died so far in this one.

I mean it's good that the UK has one of the strongest economies in the entire world (the only countries ahead of us are like the US, Japan, China and Germany I think). The government should be able to sort this mess out. Some European countries couldn't comfortably deal with the amount of damage (I mean the amount it costs to repair). Well, I guess the ones in the EU are ok since they get other countries' support...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus, the water is contaminated (petrol, chemicals etc. ) ... Just think how much damage was produced, who's gonna pay for it ? ... I'm sory for all guys in England ...

Here, the last rain was 3 weeks ago, and 5 countys have Code Red because of the heat ( more than 42 degrees celsius )

Yeah all the shops are fine, we have plenty of food and water.

We went to a friend who lives on Cleeve Hill and all took a shower there, on the way back we stopped at one of the car parks where they were giving out shitloads of water. One 6-pack per person of course, but it was me, my mum and my sister so obviously we got a pack each... I took some shitty pics on my phone of the place, might upload later. We also have like four 4-packs of water from a shop, and numerous other bottles and containers filled up so we're good for quite a few days now.

Getting water from the car park where they were giving it out was such a strange experience, sort of like being a refugee, but obviously not that bad. And I don't mean this in racist way, but it was more surreal due to the vast number of Indian/Pakistani people there - it's like when you see the floods in Western Asia in places like Bangladesh.... Yeah, though my city is 98% Caucasian, virtually all 2% of 'other races' live in the centre of Cheltenham so there was quite a lot there, not that it matters of course, just mentioning how it added to the whole surreality of it.