The iPhone sucks

chris82

Well it's an iPod, and the iPod features are very cool in it. Cover flow works perfectly. Plus, it has a speaker, you can listen to your music through the speaker or through headphones, if you choose speaker its quite loud (which is good). Plus, it really looks nice in iPod mode. Especially when your looking at the song info, the album art is displayed, looks awesome. If your listening to some music, and you get a phone call, the music slowly fades away, and then you answer the call, when your done the music slowly fades back. Fuck yes.

It has the best internet browser I've ever seen on a mobile phone. Pinching to zoom is works brilliantly. You can flip the phone horizontally and see the sites in landscape mode. They look great! I looked at http://www.GNRForums.com, http://www.TheGTAPlace.com, and http://www.ChineseDemocracy.com on them. The sites look fantastic man!

Typing works perfectly two, its very easy and you get used to it fast. Much better than on those shitty SmartPhones were the buttons are so f'n small. It has visual voicemail, "rich" HTML email. The email bit is quite cool, it auto checks every so minutes for new email's, when it sees a new one you get a little message by the email icon at the bottom. Works with nearly all email services I think to!

Maps, you can type in "sea food" in your area (like in the commercial), and it'll show you a bunch of places. Then from there, you click on one, and it'll show you the telephone number, name, address, and website. You can from there click on the number to call them, or click the website to open it in Safari. (You can also email them if theres an email available.)

All of the app's work with each other two. Like in an email, if you see a phone number, you click it and it automatically calls that number. If you see a website, you click it and it takes you to that site in Safari. This is really cool!

Making phone calls is awesome. You can like just hit a button and you can make a conference call, you can put people on hold, and talk to others while people are on hold and etc. Its all really easy to do to. Plus its fun scrolling through your contacts and stuff, its really easy to find peeps.

Plus the fucker looks so sexy. It has the slider so you don't accidentally answer a call and turn it on etc. The interface is really cool as well, its just so cool. Its slightly big, but I'm used to holding an iPod in my pocket so it wouldn't be that much bigger if I ever got one. Its really thin and light two. Theres a bunch of shit I'm forgetting about it that makes it even better, but ehh.

Its really cool, why hate it? Just because its expensive? Thats not a reason to hate it. If you don't want one, that doesn't mean you should say it sucks and stuff. The iPhone doesn't suck, just look at the way the fucker is selling.

These bold features I have on my phone already. 5th and 6th paragraph made me laugh. I've had that (except 2 cameras on a phone, but I have them now) like 7 years ago, while the displays were still mono... Besides, conference calls are really pointless.

Dude, the iPhone is just an overpriced hunk of shit. If I wanted to listen to MP3s, I'd just get a cheap $40 MP3 player. Hell, a two-year old flip-phone does a lot more than the iPhone, and they don't cost six hundred fucking dollars. And that Nokia E70 looks a hell of a lot cooler than the iPhone, and has a damn keyboard.

After all this we've deduced the following things:

• There are literally a ton of phones which have been out for at least a year which have the same features (iPhone's biggest problem)
  • iPhone has a really nice UI - but does it really matter? - not for everyone, some people though
  • All phones can play music/mp3's etc. is coverflow really that advantageous to iPhone - no, unless you use it all the time
  • iPhone is marketed and in fact made really just for US people.

I could go on but there's no point. Basically if you can afford it, and it has the features you want get an iPhone. If you can't afford it, or if you want a phone with more and/or better features, get another phone.

Anyone disagree with what I just said?

Oh and as for the look of the phone itself, that's pretty subjective.. you can call any phone ugly, doesn't mean everyone else shares your opinion ;)

• iPhone is marketed and in fact made really just for US people.

its because we are dumbasses. no other place would be stupid enough to buy it for 600 dollars.

That wasn't really my point but I guess you may have a point there anyway :P

What I'm saying is, in it's current state, there's no way they can sell that thing in Europe, not unless they do some seriously uber marketing. There are simply way too many phones here that are far more technologically advanced, the fact that my current 1 year old phone is more advanced than it already....

technology has advanced a lot in 1 year, imagine if I bought a new phone now... it's gonna be better than my current one which is already better than the iphone... see what I mean? In features, it's a generation behind, in UI, a generation ahead. They've nailed the UI, now they need to seriously work on features.

Anyway, I don't think we should all get so heated about this, it's just a god damn phone. If you like it great, if you don't, don't buy it. Sure we can tell everyone they're wrong... doesn't mean they think that though ;)

iPhone should be recalled and apple bankrupt

Your post fails.

Why recall a product that has no apparent problems with it, and that is making an absolute fuck load of money.

And it's harder than just saying apple should be bankrupt to make it happen.

iPod sales numbers = a fuck load.

Mac sales = relative fuckload

iTunes sales = some geeks wo actually use it (pussies who don't wanna download illegally) (warez)

So, to conclude, make another shite post like that so i can rip that to shreds too.

Not to defend the iPhone btw, it bites, but this guy bites harder.

Heck, i'm not done yet, wtf was up with the grammar in that post? (or general lack thereof?)

AAARRRGGHHH. Form a proper argument and convey it properly and coherently, instead of hopping on the bandwagon to be cool. And giving exagerrated arguments to seem so.

That's like saying the PS3 should be recalled. Over priced, over hyped, costs a small fortune...

*Eats tattered remains of aforementioned argument*

Edit: You really are stupid. Your sig claims you own/owned an iPod (punnage), so if apple was / is bankrupt, no iPod for you. Epic Fail.

Edited by MrLlamaLlama

In features, it's a generation behind, in UI, a generation ahead. They've nailed the UI, now they need to seriously work on features.

Isn't that the problem with all of Apple's products? :P

Also price. If the iPhone had say, a 20GB hard drive, was $200-$300 less, and had a lower price for monthly service, it would be acceptable.

In features, it's a generation behind, in UI, a generation ahead. They've nailed the UI, now they need to seriously work on features.

Also price. If the iPhone had say, a 20GB hard drive, was $200-$300 less, and had a lower price for monthly service, it would be acceptable.

Yeah, I was really surprised when they didn't have a 20GB model. Oh well, I guess they'll add more space in a revision later on.

Well I think the idea behind the iphone is that in apple's opinion, the internet replaces things like texting and most of the old forms of communication, they believe if you have a portable internet, then why bother if you can send emails and check the news online and pretty much have all you need right there, and the iphone does have all you actually need to be honest. Flash will probably come later, I don't know, maybe it's something to do with licensing, and no recording video? Well yeah that is a bit of a disgrace to be honest, I'm sure there was a genuine technical reason for it. In any case, what apple have managed to do is create a new generation of touch-screen phones that look like something out of star trek or star wars and for that its pretty cool. I wouldn't get one unless they cost the same on monthly contract as my current phone (samsung e900), but I'm sure the iphone has GPS doesn't it? I mean if you could like walk around and the little arrow on what street you are on moves round as you do, that would be totally awesome!!! And good if you get lost a lot in scary areas.

Just a point, that Nokia E70 thing that the guy with the site was trying to advertise, I mean it looks horrific, I wouldn't buy one even if it is cheaper and has more features! I'd be embarrased to get it out in public it looks like a brick phone. But don't worry if you wanted something that looked like the iphone, i'm sure in a few months every other company will start copying them and infact beating them in terms of bang for your buck.

Edited by Alistair

that is 100 percent true.

heres a chart

looks-------------------------------------------------------apple

durability and os security---------------------------------linux

capability and easy to use if your IQ is above 100-----microsoft

you really dont know much about it do you. testing it out for 5 minutes at the apple store doesnt tell you anything about it.

List of things it doesnt have

Songs as Ringtones

• Games

• Any flash support

• Instant Messaging

• Picture messages (MMS)

• Video recording

• Voice recognition or voice dialing

• Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Streaming (A2DP)

• One-size-fits-all headset jack (May have to buy an adapter for certain headphones)

• Cut copy or paste

• No embedded video

• 300-400 charges and it will die. Send the phone in and buy a new one for a lower price.

• PDF editing.

Stuff we already knew it didnt have

• 3G (EV-DO/HSDPA)

• GPS

• A real keyboard

• Removable battery

• Expandable Storage

• Direct iTunes Music Store Access (Over Wi-Fi or EDGE)

• Exchange or office support

if you lend the phone to a friend, all they need to do is go to a site and all of your private information will be sent to them instantly without any password or security.

and worst of all: its hard to use.

its just a fancy little gadget that has a 90s cell phone built in.

not a bad phone for two-three hundred dollars though. but thats not the cost.

EDIT: and genius or whatever, its probably that 360 degree phone that is the only phone that appears advertised in anything weve seen about gta4.

Judging from the lack of features of this phone, I'll stick to a Nokia instead; my mom's 6300 can do more than the iPhone does, for less, other than the rather anemic battery life... The iPhone deserves to be ground in a blender...