The church. Think it's significant?

I've watch the trailers and seen the screenshots, as we all have. But one thing I notice was this church. I was thinkin, could it be a safe house or something like that. Or maybe it's a "friends" place. I was just think it could mean something because it shows up so much.

post-10277-1185374817_thumb.jpg

post-10277-1185374834_thumb.jpg

Edited by fatalgamer

The entire city looks good but you don't see them putting out more new pics of the city. Just saying. And wht would they not dare make you take misions inside a church? They did in LCS. And you know the safe houses will be accessible.

P.S. Also note that the one on the right looks a bit different. It is a newer screen than the one on the left. Looks like they have been constantly updating.

Edited by fatalgamer

It could be a safehouse or something, maybe a place to take missions. It's very possible that it is a interior though.

Like in LCS?

Safehouse though? I don't think it's likely.

Yeah, exactly.

Cool, and i don't think r* will do what resisance did, it'll attract alot more attention if so, since we won't be fighting aliens (?) and the church is still fullly intact, and there will presumablt be people walking around inside and outside it, plus GTA has alot more bad rep to begin with, plus IV pwns resisitance :P (guess)

But LCS kept clear of that, but we got to see inside still, though confined to cutscenes.

EDIT : 1000th post! w00t! :drunks:

Edited by MrLlamaLlama

The church in "Saint's Row" was actually an abandoned church the Saints (your gang) took over & had a save point,

but no access to clothing, money & weapons. "Forgive & Forgets" were scattered around like "Pay & Spray" in GTA.

I think MLL's on the right track. Plus R*'s trying to model NYC & there are a few big churches there. Probably more for

scenery than anything else.

I think it will be more than just an accessible interior in game. Could be a safehouse (remember Jesus Saves from GTA2, or Hitman 2?) or a place where you take missions from (again, in Hitman 2 you were taking missions from a laptop that was in a shed in church's backyard, same place where you were storing your weapons).

I hope something doesnt happen like when RFOM were told not to sell there game becasue theres violence in the churh, hope this doesn't happen here.

What's RFOM? I don't see why they would'nt put it as a safe house or mission point. And who cares there was church safe house in Saints Row. Fuck Saints Row!!!! That was a huge let down.

I hope something doesnt happen like when RFOM were told not to sell there game becasue theres violence in the churh, hope this doesn't happen here.

What's RFOM? I don't see why they would'nt put it as a safe house or mission point. And who cares there was church safe house in Saints Row. Fuck Saints Row!!!! That was a huge let down.

Resistance : Fall of Man

Yeah, GTA2, lol it's running as a background app. right now, won't let me get out my car, waiting for someone to jack me.

And yes it was, hopefully its successor will be better.

First of all, RFOM was Resistance: Fall of Man. A PS3 launch game that recently got into a lot of hot water because there was a level where you had a shootout with aliens in a famous church. Apparently, religion cannot understand such things as "fiction".

Also, Saints Row was the best GTA clone ever made, because it improved on many of GTA's flaws and had online play.

First of all, RFOM was Resistance: Fall of Man. A PS3 launch game that recently got into a lot of hot water because there was a level where you had a shootout with aliens in a famous church. Apparently, religion cannot understand such things as "fiction".

Also, Saints Row was the best GTA clone ever made, because it improved on many of GTA's flaws and had online play.

Yes a good clone. Not that original, and was fun for, almost one play through. The way everything in that game handled was so floaty. I just had to point that out. Sorry, I'm not trying to start an argument. Never mind. It was ok.

What if it is a place to hide where the cops cant enter?

My mother once told me that she, my other brothers, and my father (Along with many other Anti-Pinochet people) used to hide in churches, so the cops, and the military could get them, meaby it is something like that in GTA IV?