No exclusive content for PS3 says Rockstar

A Rockstar representative tells GamesRadar that there is no advantage to owning the PS3 version of Grand Theft Auto IV over Xbox 360. He says they are identical games, and then you can almost hear the slap, "But I guess if you want the complete experience with the episodes, then yeah, you should buy the 360, I suppose." See what $50 million will get those Xbox kids? But remember, Microsoft is still going to charge for the extra content, so it's not like the core game is any different.

"Will the episodes ever see the light of day on the PS3?" is the real question. The word "exclusive" in the video game industry is almost as flexible as Alanis Morissette's use of the word "ironic." Exclusive, timed exclusive ... ironic, coincidence -- who knows what words mean anymore. As long as Sony offers up some cash, we think they could get the episodes too -- you know, if they did that sort of thing.

Via: Joystiq

A Rockstar representative tells GamesRadar that there is no advantage to owning the PS3 version of Grand Theft Auto IV over Xbox 360. He says they are identical games, and then you can almost hear the slap, "But I guess if you want the complete experience with the episodes, then yeah, you should buy the 360, I suppose." See what $50 million will get those Xbox kids? But remember, Microsoft is still going to charge for the extra content, so it's not like the core game is any different.

"Will the episodes ever see the light of day on the PS3?" is the real question. The word "exclusive" in the video game industry is almost as flexible as Alanis Morissette's use of the word "ironic." Exclusive, timed exclusive ... ironic, coincidence -- who knows what words mean anymore. As long as Sony offers up some cash, we think they could get the episodes too -- you know, if they did that sort of thing.

Via: Joystiq

What?! :wtf:

Oh God No... :(

This can't be happening, I thought PS3 would get it but Rockstar are saying no. Oh man, I hope Sony do pay to get it on the PS3 or I'll be pissing myself.

But I guess if you want the complete experience with the episodes, then yeah, you should buy the 360

ps3sucks.jpg

Been saying it all along. Time to switch sides if you were a Sony fanboy. PS3 is too expensive for what you get. Like the iPhone.

It funny because until around 2004-ish I was a complete PS fanboy, absolutely loving the PS2 and PSP. Then shit blows up, and Sony produces a failure of a system. When PS3 was first announced with its specs and such, I was so excited, but Sony completely screwed everything up and now they're paying for it. That's not to say Microsoft hasn't screwed up with their 360 in certain ways, but nothing compares with the stench of epic fail emanating from Sony.

I don't understand why sites keep posting this as news. We've known this ever since MS announced the deal. There is STILL no word from Sony. And the word 'exclusive' is used so loosely these days (as Joystiq pointed out) so it's hard to say what it actually means. We don't know if it's just a timed exclusive or what.

Until Sony or R* explicitly say "there is no content for the PS3" nothing can be ruled out. Granted, at this point it's unlikely to see the PS3 getting anything unless Sony cough up some money. So we'll just have to wait.

It actually was quite ironic a PS3 owner posted this topic though :P

What, you expected me to post this? I'm too lazy to look for stuff like this. Even if I wasn't, I would have been jumping around like a neurotic tree frog had I found this, leaving someone else to find and post this.

Kinda of a shame really. Then again, I say it's fair, considering the PS2 had GTA 3 thru San Andreas months before the Xbox and PC.

But I guess if you want the complete experience with the episodes, then yeah, you should buy the 360

ps3sucks.jpg

Been saying it all along. Time to switch sides if you were a Sony fanboy. PS3 is too expensive for what you get. Like the iPhone.

It funny because until around 2004-ish I was a complete PS fanboy, absolutely loving the PS2 and PSP. Then shit blows up, and Sony produces a failure of a system. When PS3 was first announced with its specs and such, I was so excited, but Sony completely screwed everything up and now they're paying for it. That's not to say Microsoft hasn't screwed up with their 360 in certain ways, but nothing compares with the stench of epic fail emanating from Sony.

Sounds a little bit like fanboyism to me. :rolleyes:

[cough]The PS3 has had a 135% sales increase since the price drop. [/cough]

[cough]The 360 has had a 33% failure rate. [/cough]

:whistle:

EDIT: I guess I should give some links to my "claims" before I get in trouble for something.

EDIT: EDIT: Oh shit. Uhhh... I think that the PS3 will eventually get some sort of downloadable content for GTAIV, but not for a while.

Edited by Original GTA Master

Sounds a little bit like fanboyism to me. :rolleyes:

[cough]The PS3 has had a 135% sales increase since the price drop. [/cough]

[cough]The 360 has had a 33% failure rate. [/cough]

:whistle:

It's not fanboyism to state facts. Sales? That is clearly a PS3 failing. Like I said in my post the Xbox 360 isn't perfect. It DOES have its share of problems, faulty hardware in the early versions being one of them. But do you remember the early PS2 models having incredibly bad disc reading lasers? I do.

The Xbox 360 is not perfect. But it's a hell of a lot better, at least for GTA4 anyway.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

[cough]OMFG OMFG PS3 SELLS A LITTLE BIT BETTER BUT STILL HAS A WHILE TO GO BEFORE IT CATCHES UP TO THE OTHER SYSTEMS AND ALSO IT STILL COSTS MORE THAN THE XBOX 360 AND WII[/cough]

[cough]OMFG OMFG EARLY XBOX MODELS HAVE OVERHEATING PROBLEMS WHICH IS TOTALLY UNCOMMON WITH NEW CONSOLES AND ALSO MICROSOFT ISN'T DOING ANYTHING ABOUT IT LIKE SPENDING OVER $1 BILLION ON FIXING THE CONSOLES AND REIMBURSING CUSTOMERS[/cough]

[cough]OMFG OMFG PS3 SELLS A LITTLE BIT BETTER BUT STILL HAS A WHILE TO GO BEFORE IT CATCHES UP TO THE OTHER SYSTEMS AND ALSO IT STILL COSTS MORE THAN THE XBOX 360 AND WII[/cough]

[cough]OMFG OMFG EARLY XBOX MODELS HAVE OVERHEATING PROBLEMS WHICH IS TOTALLY UNCOMMON WITH NEW CONSOLES AND ALSO MICROSOFT ISN'T DOING ANYTHING ABOUT IT LIKE SPENDING OVER $1 BILLION ON FIXING THE CONSOLES AND REIMBURSING CUSTOMERS[/cough]

...Wow...

First of all, that 135% sales increase crap is unreliable because it comes from Sony. They'll say anything to draw in more customers.

As for 33% of all Xbox 360s breaking down, I find it highly unlikely that is an accurate estimate.

This says so also and on top of that, the PS3s sales increased 31% before the price drop.

Well the 33% failure rate information comes straight from the stores selling the 360s.

ANYWAYS, lets get back on topic please. :D

If there is any kind of conent coming to the PS3, I think it'll be totally different from that of what the 360 will be getting.

...Wow...

Heh, it's just how I interpreted your post.

Anyhoo, we just have to assume that the PS3 will not be getting extra content of any kind until an announcement is made to the contrary.