Anxiety? Disturbing? Is this right?

7.62mm

I was browsing the internet. I do not know how this even came up. I saw a car accident. Not really the accident.. I should say the aftermath.. of a person. If you know what I am talking about.. I beg you not to show a photo. This has really upset me and I do not know why. Everytime I drive I think of this. I have bad anxiety.. So I am constantly worrying.. Enough of that though. This has really scared me to drive. Just very disturbing images, some people may think I am a jackass and a wuss, or maybe even a chicken shit.. I know one thing though. I have a heart. It really hurts me to see stuff like that. Is it normal? It;s been in my head since February. Never can get it out. Once again I ask very nicely not to post the image (images) on here if you do no what I am talking about. Thanks. Guys can you help me out here. :(

Ride a bike?

But 4 srsly why are you afraid of a picture? It's not going to hurt you. Like those stupid emo kids who repost chain letters on MySpace. The ones that claim if you don't repost it you'll be killed be some ghost baby or some stupid shit like that. Arbitrary code has only come so far. Stylized text doesn't have the power to make a ghost kill you in your sleep.

Don't be worried. A car accident is just an unfortunate statistic. The risk of an accident comes with doing everything. Even walking around your house carries a small risk of a horrible accident, it's a part of life.

Ride a bike?

But 4 srsly why are you afraid of a picture? It's not going to hurt you. Like those stupid emo kids who repost chain letters on MySpace. The ones that claim if you don't repost it you'll be killed be some ghost baby or some stupid shit like that. Arbitrary code has only come so far. Stylized text doesn't have the power to make a ghost kill you in your sleep.

Don't be worried. A car accident is just an unfortunate statistic. The risk of an accident comes with doing everything. Even walking around your house carries a small risk of a horrible accident, it's a part of life.

I never said I go off chain letters to myspace. No it is not the same thing man. I hate myspace and never even listened to that crap. I am sorry but I don't know why I am so alarmed with this image. Please don't bring myspace into this man.

Mamma Kitty (GF) has similar issues, compares it to being thrown from a horse. Get back on & don't let it own you. Also

suggested a driving course.

My suggestion is play Gran Turismo (in first person view) to try to desensitize yourself a little. GT4 has no damage modeling

& no gore. If it gets to you too much you just turn it off.

Post-traumatic stress syndrome? Have you ever experienced a car accident? I know I won't get a license so you're not the only one, and I don't really can imagine alot of what you're saying, but seriously everyone has oddities or phobias like that. If you're really bothered with them and are scared to go on the streets you should just go to a psychatatrist.

ogrish.com

i think if you look at it enough you get the sense of a coroner in not being afraid of dead things and being discusted by guts and stuff. many people say it desensitizes you but its better than being over paranoid and think of the picture all night and day, having the picture stuck in your head until something else bad happens. now when i see something like death, i dont think of how discusting it is, i think of the being. it sucks that the person is dead, but thats just life.

and believe me. i know how you feel

when i was like 7 my cousin showed me a rotten.com top 10 pictures section. i still cant forget those pictures. but now there less scary, more scientific, if you know what i mean.

Edited by tilly

If you can stomach it, browse ogrish.com and rotten.com (obviously don't go there if you can't). Iguess it could do the opposite and make you worse though, so I dunno. Seems kinda dramatic but if it's still stuck in your head after all these months you might wanna get some professional help if you can't stop thinking about it.

I've become so desensitised by gory pictures on the internet, that only certain images (usually disgusting diseases) actually make me wanna turn away.

I could look at goatse, lemonparty, meatspin etc. all day... doesn't bother me one bit now.

I get this happen to me sometimes, but not very often or for extended periods of time. Whenever i ride the M'bike, i keep thinking after every bend, corner...'Shit, i could've fallen off, gone into a ditch, been hit by that car, slid on that manhole cover' etc.

And if i walk around the house alone at night, i keep thinking 'What will i do if someone is hiding in my house to kill me and steal my stuff' then the cat runs out and i nearly crap myself. The fact that i suffered depp depression nearly a year and a half ago doesn't help. Call me emo, whatever you want, but failing at suicide really lowers one's self esteem. Especially when it happens 6 times... -_-

Have you ever suffered from anything similar to depression/ suicidal thoughts/attempting suicide. I put some of my problems w/ extreme anger, frustration, and extremes of emotion down to this. It might be the case in you, too.

The reason i didn't commit suicide those times is because i knew it woyld crush my family to peices. Especially after the near-death of both my brothers. :(

But that's a different story.

I suggest you try to take car journeys with other people driving you... And then, if / when you are ready, take the whhel. If you're not happy, stop the car, and let the person with you take over.

It's a matter of time overcoming things like this.

Good luck dude, you want any more advice about any of this kinda stuff, feel free to PM me, any time. I'm on your friends list anyways right?

Good Luck man...

I've become so desensitised by gory pictures on the internet, that only certain images (usually disgusting diseases) actually make me wanna turn away.

I could look at goatse, lemonparty, meatspin etc. all day... doesn't bother me one bit now.

Yeah, same here. It's just like you don't care anymore about it after looking for so long.