will rockstar even bother port gtaIV to

justhes

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I highly dought it. If they were going to release it for the PC, would'nt they have already announced it?

That makes no sense, they usually announce the PC version a few months after the console versions are released.

It makes perfect sense. So was the XBOX version with previous GTAs. Yet the both the XBOX 360 and PS3 versions are going to be released at the same time. Why not the PC version? Because it probably won't be made.

Edited by fatalgamer

I highly dought it. If they were going to release it for the PC, would'nt they have already announced it?

That makes no sense, they usually announce the PC version a few months after the console versions are released.

It makes perfect sense. So was the XBOX version with previous GTAs. Yet the both the XBOX 360 and PS3 versions are going to be released at the same time. Why not the PC version? Because it probably won't be made.

Because that's the way the trend goes. The orig. Xbox and PC versions were polished up, bugs fixed, etc. So they were delayed by a few months. PLus R8 will want to monitor the success of GTAIV before hastily releasing a PC version. It would cost them millions not to.

"Hello, my name is dan houser, i could get loads more money, but i don' t want to, i enjoy reading how people are pissd off at R* for not releasing a PC version for potentially the biggest game of 2007/2008."

Link to sauce and win a prize. You failed, better luck next time, eh?

man your logic doesnt make any sense. its called marketing. ever heard of it?

No, it's probably because it takes time to port something to PC from the Xbox 360 and PS3, which are very different in themselves in processor architecture. It's taking Rockstar long enough to do it on two systems, trying three at once would push the date back even further.

By the time GTA IV is released on the PC, I will have a more powerful, faster computer with a better GFX card than I already have.

All of the GTA's since 3 have been on PC, I also if I am correct.. Gta 2 was even on PC wasn't it? I know it was on PS1 too

GTA2 I believe wasn't released for the PS1, only the Dreamcast.

Um the game is on Blu Ray because its huge. How will computers read a Blu Ray disc if they don't have Blu Ray players? You cant put Blu Ray shit on one CD because there isn't enough space. A PC release wouldn't make sense. Why buy 10 CDs and install the game to your hard drive and waste 50 gigs of space? Blu Ray players for the PC probably cost a fortune if they exist yet.

Um the game is on Blu Ray because its huge. How will computers read a Blu Ray disc if they don't have Blu Ray players? You cant put Blu Ray shit on one CD because there isn't enough space. A PC release wouldn't make sense. Why buy 10 CDs and install the game to your hard drive and waste 50 gigs of space? Blu Ray players for the PC probably cost a fortune if they exist yet.

500 quid for a Bluray in your PC, plus the Xbox takes DVD's anyway DUH and fail if your computer doesn't have a DVD drive. Plus - 10 CD's = 7GB, Dual layer DVD's own that (methinks)

Plus ESO (elder scrools oblivion) fits on a DVD so GTAIV will, ESO is a bigger map size that IV by far.

Ferret, I think somewhere along the line you've been severly misinformed - let me clarify for you:

GTAIV for PS3 and XBOX360 is going to be exactly the same (confirmed by Rockstar). Now The XBOX360 takes DVDs, which means although the PS3 version MAY be on a blu-ray disc, it will still only be the size of a DVD - ie upto 8GB. That means GTAIV will be upto 8GB, not 40GB. PC games are almost entirely on DVD now as well, which means that there is no issue with the game being released on PC in terms of disc or hard drive space, ok? So the PC version will take exactly the same space on DVD as on an XBOX360 DVD and exactly the same space on a PS3 Blu-Ray disc - upto 8GB.

Oh and the only two reasons they didn't release LCS and VCS on PC was because they were a hype scam to get people to buy a PSP after poor projected sales for Sony and because they were inferior to the originals and would have looked terrible on a high resolution PC monitor.

Edited by Alistair