GTA PSP Officially Announced

Chris

Today Rockstar Games have announced that a GTA game will indeed be coming to the PSP, previous stories were just rumours and unconfirmed by Rockstar, but this press release confirms it.

Rockstar Games, the world-renowned publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition and a brand new iteration of Grand Theft Auto for the highly anticipated PSP™ handheld system. Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition and the new Grand Theft Auto title, which will be set in Liberty City, are being developed by Rockstar Leeds in conjunction with Rockstar San Diego and Rockstar North, respectively. Both titles are expected to be available near the launch of the PSP handheld system in North America and Europe.

The game will be developed by Rockstar Leeds as "Sony's extremely impressive technology has allowed Rockstar Leeds to do more on a handheld machine than we could have ever imagined."

GTA Advance wasn't exactly a big success after it was released on the same day as San Andreas, so we have decided to rename that particular forum to GTA Handheld to accomodate posts about GTA on the PSP as well in the hop it will bring more activity to it,

Link: http://ir.take2games.com/ReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=152207, Forum

YUCK!? What?

I'm buying it. Either when it comes out here in America, on Ebay, or if that site sends me one((let me explain)).

I was looking for cheap PSPs online when I came across a site that was selling it((no pic, no info, but whatever)) for 0.01 pounds. So I ordered it. They already contacted me saying the were processing the order, and they would email me 24 hours before it shipped.

• 1 month later...

I know is a thing from Rockstar, and maybe they will wait until the PC and XBOX versions of SA kick the market big time, but they havent announced nothing about a new GTA game, they are probably waiting, because I am almost sure they will bring one to be one of the biggest choiced in the PS3 and if what you say is true, then well, "GTA Four", will be the second GTA with official multiplayer.

• 2 weeks later...