What social group(s) do you fit into?

Chris

So TGTAP, I was just wondering what kinds of people we have on here, like what's the most popular kind of group e.g. emo, skater, punk, scene, geek, goth... whatever.

Basically describe your music tastes, clothing style, hobbies and anything that classifies you. This is just for fun btw, I'm not like plotting graphs of like all the demographics and shit :P

So...

My music - well it's pretty varied actually, I mainly listen to rock, but also metal, punk, indie, industrial, some emo, and occasionally some techno / dance which is slightly random.

My hobbies - well at the moment nothing much in particular besides that standard and boring 'hanging out with friends' etc. But obviously web design/development is something I'm interested in, also gaming... that kinda classifies me as a geek somewhat

My clothes - well, I'm usually always wearing Jeans unless it's hot, and the Tshirts, hoodies, shoes I wear are probably what you'd call 'skater' or 'board' fashion. Brands like Quicksilver, Billabong, Rip Curl. Some tees I wear is of bands I like though. VANS shoes, even though I don't skate, they're comfy as hell though :)

The clothes look baggy on me as I'm skinny, but I'm not trying to be a rapper honest!

Sometimes I'll wear a shirt though and some smarter shoes for a smarter look, but most of the time there's no need.

None of that is to fit in with a particular crowd of people either. As I said, I don't even skate. There's some similarities with my friends but all of us have different tastes and stuff.

Anyway what group does that put me in? I've no idea really (great start to the topic huh? :P ). Possibly a bit of geek, and also skater/punk I guess due to clothing/music...

How about you?

Vans are the coolest shoes ever.

Music- ANything really. Musicals (Evita, Joesph and Rocky Horror), Opera, Indie, 80s pop/punk, soundtracks and western.

Hobbies- drawing, painting, composing, acting, dancing (Proper dancing), reading and writing.

Clothing- I like to be very colourful, even if it doesnt match. I always have very bright nails, now they are red, green and yellow. I always wear my Vans which are black with flamingos. I always wear bright eye liner like green, also my hair is always changing colour but it will be red again soon. I now wear my Grandmas wedding ring as she died recently and left that to me.

I hand out with Emos mostly so I am seen as an emo. I also spend my free time with theatre people too.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Music - A bit of everything really but I like Rap, Hip Hop, 80s Pop music, a bit of dance and R&B. Favourite bands/singers would be Micheal Jackson, Brian Adams, George Mciheals etc. I particularly like Golden Oldies songs frmo Elvis, Beatles and also the Beach Boys.

Clothes - Tracksuit bottoms, lots of football shirts, jeans and lacoste trainers. Just basically normal clothes really just a lot of football shirts.

Hobbies - Football, Snooker, Playing Football, Playing on game consoles, kike downloading music but thats probably not a hobby.

Wow I never realised just how many of us can't be put into one single group. That's a good thing though IMO.

Random pic I found of my vans:

1038664335_f6617502e7_m.jpg

Lol, their almost the same as mine, but Mines is Nike Air Force 1's, here's a pic of it:

4tawyg5.jpg

These, are really comfortable, No toe pains or anything! When I first bought it, It was around £80, then it had a 50% Discount on it. I'm going to keep these forever, well once they get too small. :P

Lol, their almost the same as mine, but Mines is Nike Air Force 1's, here's a pic of it:

http://i19.tinypic.com/4tawyg5.jpg

WTF they are completely different :/

ps3 player: Are your trainers bright white and do you tuck your trousers into your socks?

You're thinkin' what i'm thinking then?

Haha fail.

W00t! Buying them shoes on the front page tommorrow, bought a duffs t -shirt, and a blind t-shirt today, both skate makes.

I'm the geeky sort of person who spends so much time on the computer, but I do a lot of things besides messing everybody else's PC, and I'm with K9 Krew when it comes to gangsta stuff. Here's my faves:

MUSIC: Hip-hop, RNB, some jazz and a bit of old-school music

HOBBIES: Surfing the Net, GTA, composing song parodies, the geeky stuff

CLOTHES: I'm not really the fashionista sort of species; a polo shirt and some jeans will do for me

Edited by Huckleberry Pie

Lets see

Music- I like Rock, the kinda bands like Nickelback. I also like Rap, the rappers I like are ones like Eminem, 50 Cent,etc.

Hobbies- Electronics, GTA, Working after school(I get paid with mints)

Clothes- Well lets see i'm always wearing baggy clothes and my shoes are black Adidas I found the exact pic of em' on the net and the pic was from the same store that sold me the shoes, Sportcheck.

http://i19.tinypic.com/4tawyg5.jpg

WTF they are completely different :/

ps3 player: Are your trainers bright white and do you tuck your trousers into your socks?

No Im not a chav, there black ones, the white ones are which chavs where.

Yeah that's alright then. Because people who wear football shirts often are either obsessive football fans, or chavs, thankfully you're the former.

Buying a pair of etnies soon. The kingpin black/orange >>>Want.

Sweet.

Heh, I just ordered some shoes from that site: These Matt Pritchard Globes. One of my mates has the 'chocolate' coloured ones of these and they look fucking sweet. Unfortunately they didn't have my size so I got the black ones. I wasn't gonna buy them since I didn't wanna copy him but we will hardly see each other after the summer so I thought fuck it who cares lol.

But man shoes are fucking overpriced in the UK. :(

Yeah that's alright then. Because people who wear football shirts often are either obsessive football fans, or chavs, thankfully you're the former.

Sweet.

Heh, I just ordered some shoes from that site: These Matt Pritchard Globes. One of my mates has the 'chocolate' coloured ones of these and they look fucking sweet. Unfortunately they didn't have my size so I got the black ones. I wasn't gonna buy them since I didn't wanna copy him but we will hardly see each other after the summer so I thought fuck it who cares lol.

Sweet, lookin' good.

I can imaging the chocolate ones, they'd look cool. I looked everywhere for a shop/site that sells the same shoes as in the link i posted, but NOWHERE has them i've seem them in diffrent coulours, styles, etc. But none are orange. Orange is teh ownz.

But i agree with the overpriced shoes thing. Unless you happen to catch a pair you like in a sale or somehting, you gotta pay out the ass to get a decent pair.

@ PS3Player: Good.

Music: Rock, Opera, from 80's to 40's :P, Opera, Classic, Scottish Bagpipes (I dont know what kinda music style it is), Folk music (From different countries) and country music.

Clothes: I ussualy dress in suit, and sometimes jeans, fedora hat (The one Freddy Kruger used :P).

Hobbies: Drawing, writing, reading, crafting...umm...runing.

I would consider myself as Retro, if not, I'm pretty much anything, as I never wear specific clothes, nor listento specific music, etc etc.

Sweet.

Sweet, lookin' good.

I can imaging the chocolate ones, they'd look cool. I looked everywhere for a shop/site that sells the same shoes as in the link i posted, but NOWHERE has them i've seem them in diffrent coulours, styles, etc. But none are orange. Orange is teh ownz.

But i agree with the overpriced shoes thing. Unless you happen to catch a pair you like in a sale or somehting, you gotta pay out the ass to get a decent pair.

Well, here's some sites you could try. They're all UK based of course, and I've used quite a few of them.

Blackleaf.com

EBTM.com - I've bought from here (music stuff though)

ExtremePie.com - I've bought from here

Flatspot.com

HardCloud.com - I've bought from here

Rip101.com

RouteOne.co.uk - I've bought from here

TwoSeasons.co.uk - I've bought from here

BoardSportWarehouse.com - I've bought from here

UrbanIndustry.co.uk

TheUrbanShop.co.uk

And yeah I got my Vans a few months ago in the sale for £35 which isn't too bad (they're actually still in the sale lol). But yeah check all those if you didn't know about them already. I think all of them do footwear apart from the last site on the list, so you might find the same colour and maybe cheaper on one of the sites.

Music: I'm into an electic mix of music, ranging from Rap and Hip-Hop, to Rock, Classical, Film Soundtracks, Electronic, Dance, loads of stuff. When I start listening to more things on LastFM, you'll have a clearer picture.

Clothes: I like to wear a lot of white stuff, mainly white T-shirts and trousers, never usually jeans though. I have bright T-shirts as well for the summer, but I mainly stick to white and blue T-shirts. I also like Athletic trainers such as Nike or Puma, because I'm quite active myself.

Hobbies: My main hobbie would have to be Photography, I like to show the images to only a select group of people, because I've found that when I put them on the net, some cheeky bastards claim them as their own, so fuck that. I like Football - my chosen side is Man U, Athletics eg 100 metres, 200 metres and 400 metres, Table Tennis, and a little bit of Rugby, Basketball and Tennis, although I'm not particularly good at those last 3.

I think I can adapt to numerous groups, mainly the laid-back style. I don't let much bother me, because life's too short. I wouldn't say I'm Plain or Neutral looking due to my fashion sense, but I find it hard to categorize myself, so I'll have to go with 'Laid-back', like The Dude from The Big Lebowski. If you've seen the film, you should know what I mean.

I'm a boring person

MUSIC: I like The Prodigy most but I often listen to many different types of music and enjoy them, except Pop Rock.

CLOTHES: I wear what I like, that includes baggy trousers and branded t-shirts.

HOBBIES: Watching TV, Drawing, Computer Graphics, Hanging out with friends, Music, Downloading things.

Seeing as my life revolves around computers I would almost fit in the geek section, but I like doing many things that don't need computers.

Music: A tiny little punk rock (Green Day and The Offspring), a little 80s pop.

Clothes: I love wearing printed T's.. I have a load of them. But when they're dirty I go with American Eagle..

Hobbies: Music.. Its my life. I also love scary movies, and of course video games.

I usually find myself hanging out with the girls.. I don't really know what group it'd be. I only hang out with a few guys. We're all a bunch of rockers I guess.

Always been a "square peg", not really fitting into a group.

Music - all over the map. My "User Tracks" file jumps from Rammstein to BTO to Johnny Cash to Wang Chung...you get the

idea.

Clothes - Black or blue jeans, Hawaiian shirt & black square toed Harness boots.

Tend to get along w/ conservatives & especially gun nuts, but fit in w/ the blue collar crowd & farmers. Look like the poster

child for 'Easy Riders" magazine.

How do you people classify "hanging out with mates" as a hobby? Isn't that something we all do? It's like breathing or walking.

Music: Mostly metal, lots of (hard) rock, some nu-metal, a bit of punk and a few hip-hop songs I fancy

Clothes: Anything I find in my closet. I prefer dark colours, and always wear sneakers.

Hobbies: Not very interested in gaming anymore, most of the time it's MSN, but I'm still interested in image (Photoshop) & video (Premiere) editing. I like basketball and I often play it with my friends, sometimes table tennis, but most of time it's parkour I practice. I also work out at home.

I don't care where'd I fit, I try to get along with everyone. I've spent lots of time with my friends this summer, and still hanging out with some people here at the seaside (I'm on a vacation atm). Usually I spend most of my time with my gf, but I've decided to take a break from her this summer :P

• 2 weeks later...

music- sex pistols, th ramones a lot of punk rock, blues, classic rock, pop rock

hobbies- tennis, gaming , surfing the web, skating (although i'm not very good)

clothes- bad ass look, VANS , and i want to announce that i have the coolest globe slip ons ever to be made)

i fit into the redneck, punk , skater group

Music? I'd have to say music....

Hobbies? Anime conventions, music, psychological studies((I love that shit)), theological studies, video games, hanging out with Chestnut, chilling with friends, Rocky Horror Picture Show, cross-dressing, movies, raves, concerts, and more random shit. I enjoy anything wild and fun, or laid back and relaxing. That's just who I am.

Clothes? I get stuck in mall-goth clothing a lot. That Hot Topic shit. But whatever. I almost always wear my trench coat, I love it. If not guessed yet, I'm a cross-dresser. I love being in skirts, stockings, high heels, and make up. Girls have the better clothing. Call me what you wish, I really don't care.