why do you think rockstar decided to use liberty city

justhes

Excuse me? GTA3 certainly is not crappy and never was, it was an excellent game, the type of which had never been done before. GTA3 brought GTA into the 3D era. Never before have there been so many attempts at copying the gameplay of a particular franchise. GTA3 may not have the features of later GTA games, but technology was a factor.

That doesn't change the fact that the game was (and still is) fun.

Excuse me? GTA3 certainly is not crappy and never was, it was an excellent game, the type of which had never been done before. GTA3 brought GTA into the 3D era. Never before have there been so many attempts at copying the gameplay of a particular franchise. GTA3 may not have the features of later GTA games, but technology was a factor.

That doesn't change the fact that the game was (and still is) fun.

well it is fun, i take back what i said, but i.. okay im in denial.

Rockstar doesn't need to make up for anything at all, people accepted GTA3 at its release and they still do. Why do you think that, after GTA3 was released, suddenly all of these third person-free roaming-action games started appearing. The Getaway. True Crime. Driv3r. Parallel Lines. 187-Ride-or-Die. Saints Row. (Ironic because Driver/2 actually did the 3D bit before GTA3 but then GTA3 came along and Driver got its shit ruined) Countless others. All trying to mooch off of the success of GTA3/Vice City/San Andreas.

Also, Vice City was even based on the Scarface movie. Then a Scarface GTA-clone is made. And it sucked. Just like all GTA-clones. Always sucky.

Rockstar most likely decided to use Liberty City because it is a location that A LOT of people like. Out of all the cities, I certainly think it's one of the most interesting. Rockstar is probably using it to introduce the new era of GTA.

Rockstar doesn't need to make up for anything at all, people accepted GTA3 at its release and they still do. Why do you think that, after GTA3 was released, suddenly all of these third person-free roaming-action games started appearing. The Getaway. True Crime. Driv3r. (Ironic because Driver/2 actually did the 3D bit before GTA3 but then GTA3 came along and Driver got its shit ruined) Countless others. All trying to mooch off of the success of GTA3.

Rockstar most likely decided to use Liberty City because it is a location that A LOT of people like. Out of all the cities, I certainly think it's one of the most interesting. Rockstar is probably using it to introduce the new era of GTA.

i understand, can someone close this topic please!