GYM

Red_91

I was just wondering if there would be any sort of GYM in Liberty City, since in San Andreas there was one but R* already said when they were talking about the clothes that they got the physiches right so there would be no clothing like San Andreas so that probably means not getting fat or buffed up, but I still think that having a GYM would be good especially to learn NEW fighting styles and not the same ones over again.

Just wondered what you guys think?

Yeah thats waht I was thinking as well. But I want some more different fighting styles like Judo, wrestiling ju-jitsu, karate (better version), kick boxing, boxing (better version), fighting styles should be harder to learn ie when fighting there should be manual aim and stuff like that. Like you gain rep points for havign bar fights and wnning them so you move up to the next level, That'd be a good idea.

Personal trainer will never happen but if it did I guess it would be like that thing you would ahve to press the buttons when they come up at the bottom of the screen like the dance mission for Og Loc. I want more fighting styles as well. To me there was only 2 fighting styles in San Andreas, the 3rd one was like the first one, the gym I mean and fighting style was crap.

Fighting styles are essential, not bothered about working out. They should even have things like wrestling and other stuff like i posted in my previous ppost though I want it to be harder to learn new fighting styles ie instead of fighting one guy and learning the moves you first have to beat 1 guy then 3 then 5 etc. That would make it a lot more difficult and more fun in a way.

• 1 month later...

I really hope Gyms are still in GTA IV. And the idea of a Dojo is good too. Why not have both?

A couple martial arts styles (karate and taekwondo), boxing, kickboxing, and then have some missions of some nature than involve bar fighting and getting paid.

And a gym to train your body up, not too many regions but you can have upper body and lower body, and then stamina training as well - stamina increases the time you can sprint, stronger lower body increases how far and high you can jump, and how fast you can sprint (but not for how long), and upper body increases your punch strength, weapon aiming, climbing and dangling abilities.

Might sound a little too RPG for some people but I think it's a simple method of adding some more freedom and fairness to the game.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure why, but I think there will not be any eating and GYM´s in the game. Just clothing. The eating part was kinda stupid in my opinion, as you actually didn´t need to eat at all actually and the GYM´s were kinda a waste of time. The muscle part was kinda stupid IMO, but the stamina part was okay.

Not sure why, but I think there will not be any eating and GYM´s in the game. Just clothing. The eating part was kinda stupid in my opinion, as you actually didn´t need to eat at all actually and the GYM´s were kinda a waste of time. The muscle part was kinda stupid IMO, but the stamina part was okay.

well, i don't think it wastes time, i mean in real life you would train if you wanna get stronger right? same as GTA, i mean the point of GTA is to take control of the city and to do that you have to be able to kill people by your bare hands.

anyway my point is that the GYM was made for us, so we wouldn't get bored in GTA, i hope there's more features like that in GTA IV

well, i don't think it wastes time, i mean in real life you would train if you wanna get stronger right? same as GTA, i mean the point of GTA is to take control of the city and to do that you have to be able to kill people by your bare hands.

Meh, both Tommy and Claude were able to kill people with bare hands...Tho Claude from GTA2 wasn't. I'm guessing he got old :P

I was just wondering if there would be any sort of GYM in Liberty City, since in San Andreas there was one but R* already said when they were talking about the clothes that they got the physiches right so there would be no clothing like San Andreas

I think they did confirm that you will be able to buy clothes just like in SA, it was said in one of the magazine previews.

As for the GYM, I wouldn't care if it appear in LC or not.

dojo's like in true crime ny would be good, like we would have to learn the styles for a price, they had a good variety of styles aswell

Er, GTA San Andreas had that and it was for free. The fighting style in Cobra Martial Arts were nice and decent to use. I just think if they put this in here, they should place more moves like in some of the Martial Arts Movie, but then again, I see Niko as a boxer, not a Karate fighter.