maps

shaunw

You're talking about map mods, right?

You won't be needing a special installing program.

It's a matter of 'Copy 'n' Paste', first you extract the files from your ZIP or RAR file and then you paste the contents into the data folder.

If the files that need installing are packaged inside an installer you open the installer and look for the apropiate directory, by default it should be:

C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas

Hope that helps, I'm good at modding, just crap at explaining ;)

Edited by Squidward AKA Eddward

This is related.

I tried to install a custom map using the simple read-me in the file. The map made my game crash after the nVidia loading screen, and I had to reinstall the game. I had downgraded the game before installing the new map, so is this what had affected my game?

Hmmm..... :erm:

Did you install it correctly? And If so and it dosen't work what computer do you have?

Did you install it correctly? And If so and it dosen't work what computer do you have?

Of course he installed it correctly as far as he knows, otherwise he would know what the problem is. We have to guess what he might have done wrong, such as added stuff into gta3.img instead of replacing existing files.

His PC won't make much difference unless its really old and incapable of running San Andreas at all, in which case modding wouldn't make any difference.