End of the World

Harwood Butcher

I recently had some dejavus, and they are like one every 2 days. If the planet x doesn't kill us, this overheating world will do it, u know, the poles will melt and the water level will raise a lot. all that cold water will come and it will star freezing our world. It will take out some cities, and that'll b the end. that's what i think

Edited by Bartman

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'killed to death' - got that from a top gear DVD...

On the subject of deja - vu, i got a massive sense yesterday...

It was weird, i was sitting in a chair, leaning back, w/ my feet up on the table (at college), when one of my mates lloyd offered this other guy (who looks a little like spax, probably taller [even though i don't know spaz's height, but he plays rugby], and probably fatter too) some Chinese food thingy which he bought. it was like choclate on a biscuit stick. Called 'Pocky' (presumably a brand name) but yeah, deja vu when that happened.

I recently had some dejavus, and they are like one every 2 days. If the planet x doesn't kill us, this overheating world will do it, u know, the poles will melt and the water level will raise a lot. all that cold water will come and it will star freezing our world. It will take out some cities, and that'll b the end. that's what i think

Global Warming wouldn't cause the water level to rise...why would it? Because ice in the ocean is melting?

Put a piece of ice in a cup and fill the water almost to the top and let it sit. It wont raise.

Global Warming wouldn't cause the water level to rise...why would it? Because ice in the ocean is melting?

Put a piece of ice in a cup and fill the water almost to the top and let it sit. It wont raise.

I do believe it was Chestnut who pointed out a very good point while talking to me one day..... A LOT of ice is ABOVE the water. Some of it not even touching the water at all. If IT all melts then the water would in theory raise.

On a side-note, the "Pocky" referenced a few posts up is absolutely delicious. Even the dark chocolate Pocky, and I HATE dark chocolate. Stawberry is the best, though.

I do believe it was Chestnut who pointed out a very good point while talking to me one day..... A LOT of ice is ABOVE the water. Some of it not even touching the water at all. If IT all melts then the water would in theory raise.

Ice takes up more space than when it was in liquid form because it expands as it freezes. So the water level would actually decrease due to global warming.

Ice takes up more space than when it was in liquid form because it expands as it freezes. So the water level would actually decrease due to global warming.

You missed the point, though. There is plenty of ice that isn't IN water. And expanding? That doesn't make sense. Cold makes things compress, heating up makes things expand. But again, all the ice that ISN'T IN THE WATER would then be IN THE WATER. That, would ADD to the water level.

Take your cup experiment, put water in it, an ice cube, and the set an ice cube on the top of the cup((not in the water)). Wait until all the ice melts. Did it raise or lower?

I'm not sure about any of you guys, but I prefer nightmares over dreams.

I've had some dreams like yours, myself and I enjoyed them. :P I wake up more happy from nightmares then from dreams. Reason is I love to be scared. And to put yourself in a thing like that while you're asleep is funny to me.

Anyway dreams can come out of nowhere, I've been dreaming alot mroe recently since ive been watching anime. So i'm guessing that's whats triggering my dreams.

Well I'm sure you're not a future telling guy since imo that shit's BS. So it's prolly some crap you're watching, anything can trigger a dream.

Dreams can be triggered by stuff that happened in your day. As a quick example, if you get real pissed off at somebody during the day, and really get the urge to punch them, but in the end you restrain yourself or are restrained (your desire is unfulfilled), then it's likely that you will dream a dream about punching that person, or violence i general. Same may go for dreaming about sex.

On topic....

OGTAM, spaz's point about the water level risng because the ice is above the water is correct. If the ice is under the water, then then water level may well decrease, but not if it's above.

You missed the point, though. There is plenty of ice that isn't IN water. And expanding? That doesn't make sense. Cold makes things compress, heating up makes things expand. But again, all the ice that ISN'T IN THE WATER would then be IN THE WATER. That, would ADD to the water level.

Take your cup experiment, put water in it, an ice cube, and the set an ice cube on the top of the cup((not in the water)). Wait until all the ice melts. Did it raise or lower?

I'm just telling you what I've read and heard in documentaries on global warming.

Well I'm sure you're not a future telling guy since imo that shit's BS.

Actually, I've seen future events in my dreams before. Sometimes vague, but still clearly related, sometimes pretty detailed. Usually the night before whatever happened.

And my main point was just that there is ice above the water that currently isn't affecting water level. If it melted and went into the ocean, then it WOULD be affecting it, and it would be an increase in water, not a decrease.

And my main point was just that there is ice above the water that currently isn't affecting water level. If it melted and went into the ocean, then it WOULD be affecting it, and it would be an increase in water, not a decrease.

The ice over land would raise the water level depending on a lot of things. I don't know how much ice is currently over land, but I doubt that there is enough to cause the water level to increase at a dangerous level.

You also have to think about all the ice that will lower the water level when it contracts. Along with that, you also have to think about how only the portion of land that is covered in ice would be the only place to be flooded. Why else would those particular places have ice form there? Because that's where the water filled in.