End of the World

Harwood Butcher

No no no no NO.

Not all the stars are the same size, or else all the stars would live for billions of years, such as our star (Sun).

There are other star's big as our though.

I'm quite positive that our sun will end up exploding once it dies. And many star's are the same size as our sun, in fact, there are other suns millions of times bigger than our sun.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe - Thats what I meant :P

But yeah, it'll kinda explode, but it will just give us a pain in the eyes because of the light, and then burn us to death...

Errr.. or it will go completely dark, and we will freeze to death 6 minutes after the sun's death (light/ heat takes 6 mins to get from the sun to earth ( i think))

Ok, I don't know if this was covered but heres how it'll happen:

The sun will expand and let out gases growing twice its size. We'll all die once it expands. Then, I'm guessing it'll explode because supposedly after these stars die they're VERY tiny, so it won't shrink, so I'm guessing there'll be an explosion and it'll get tiny. :)

Ok, I don't know if this was covered but heres how it'll happen:

The sun will expand and let out gases growing twice its size. We'll all die once it expands. Then, I'm guessing it'll explode because supposedly after these stars die they're VERY tiny, so it won't shrink, so I'm guessing there'll be an explosion and it'll get tiny. :)

The sun will actually get a lot larger than just twice it's size. It'll become so big it'll be out as far as Pluto's orbit, possibly much further. The sun still has roughly 7 billion years until it dies out (not explode).

I would guess that the Earth would be engulfed in the sun in about 2-3 billion years, maybe sooner, but not less than a billion.

Most of the time when a star dies it turns into a black hole and I'm not sure whether or not it shrinks before it dies out...sounds familiar, but not positive.

• 1 month later...

are some of you guyys idoits?a supernova is when the sun dies it EXPLODES not shrinks EXPLDOES.and to the person who posted pictures of planet X...soooo fake if planet x was that far out we wouldn't be able to see it our human eye is not that of a telescope...i cant believe some of you guys believe some of this stuff...LAUNCH A NUKE AT PLANET X YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:P

The sun will actually get a lot larger than just twice it's size. It'll become so big it'll be out as far as Pluto's orbit, possibly much further. The sun still has roughly 7 billion years until it dies out (not explode).

From what I heard, It will reach to about earth, then life for earth wouldn't be able to survive with all the heat, then later on the sun will blow up..

are some of you guyys idoits?a supernova is when the sun dies it EXPLODES not shrinks EXPLDOES.and to the person who posted pictures of planet X...soooo fake if planet x was that far out we wouldn't be able to see it our human eye is not that of a telescope...i cant believe some of you guys believe some of this stuff...LAUNCH A NUKE AT PLANET X YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:P

Don't come in here calling people names before you understand what we're doing. We're simply throwing out ideas and theories we've heard about how the earth will come to an end.

A star shrinks after it reaches its maximum size. It pretty much slowly implodes until it becomes a black hole.

Planet X is a theory and has supposedly been seen by NASA.

Make sure you read the entire post before you post things like

"to the person who posted pictures of planet X...soooo fake if planet x was that far out we wouldn't be able to see it our human eye is not that of a telescope"

Because you would have read that I said Planet X is supposedly going to collide with the earth in the year 2012, which would mean Planet X has almost made a complete orbit. Being that it has almost made a complete orbit since the last time it past the earth it could very possibly be in our sight given that the conditions are in our favor.

AGAIN, these are simply theories we’re talking about. So don’t post in here thinking you know everything and say that something is or isn’t going to happen.

From what I heard, It will reach to about earth, then life for earth wouldn't be able to survive with all the heat, then later on the sun will blow up..

I might have heard something wrong, but from what I remember, it would get extremely large.

Watch this and you'll get an idea of how large our sun could get. That link was posted on here somewhere a while ago...wanted to make that clear just incase someone gets pissed off that I posted their "findings". :lol:

Edited by Original GTA Master

Well where I got that was from the Science Channel, My teacher decided to show us. And I remember them showing a picture of how big it will get, and it reached Earth, but I do remember it didn't pass Mars..

I watched a documentary on it and I'm trying to find it right now. I'll post it as soon as I find it.

EDIT: Yeah...I can't find the video, but I do remember it was called "The Death Of Our Sun" or something like that. So if you want to try and find it...have fun.

Edited by Original GTA Master

i never said i knew everything but i know alot about planets i spend about 50% of my time in school reading about them but i never said all of you are idoits i said are some of you.and for planet x we wouldnt be able to see it if i only saw mars 1 time in my life.also if you look at the picture it looks like the moon or somthing proably the camra

i never said i knew everything but i know alot about planets i spend about 50% of my time in school reading about them but i never said all of you are idoits i said are some of you.and for planet x we wouldnt be able to see it if i only saw mars 1 time in my life.also if you look at the picture it looks like the moon or somthing proably the camra

The moon would be a hell of a lot bigger than that. The moon would appear to be larger than the sun.

How the hell does the fact that you've only seen mars once have anything to do with someone taking a picture of the supposed Planet X? Have you even read up on Planet X before?

yes....and the moon isnt that big 0.o....is it?

Wow, you obviously don't understand what I'm saying. You said, "it looks like the moon or somthing", but Planet X is smaller than the sun in that picture and since you're saying that it's actually the moon...then you're saying the moon appears smaller than the sun, but in actuality the moon appears larger than the sun from earth.

i didnt say it was the actualy moon it could be dust on the lens that picture is really UKNOWN unless he himself took the pictures...and from Florida the moon doesn't look so big.

Typical answer. You're avoiding the possibilities. We're trying to discuss the possibilities in here, not throw them out the window. So please take your negativity elsewhere if you're going to continue to pick at things in here. I don't mind if you have some hard facts to back up your claims or have a better logical explanation than "it could be dust on the lens".

Goodbye Earth. Maybe we can all jump onto Planet X as it orbits around us in 2012.

Seriously though, I really don't know what to think but wasn't there a lot of rumors going around pre-2k that the world was supposed to end in 1999 or 2000 or something and it didn't?

Goodbye Earth. Maybe we can all jump onto Planet X as it orbits around us in 2012.

Seriously though, I really don't know what to think but wasn't there a lot of rumors going around pre-2k that the world was supposed to end in 1999 or 2000 or something and it didn't?

The Y2K thing was about power outages and having computers fail, nothing like the 2012 stuff.

It's kinda funny that you mention jumping onto Planet X as it passes because some ancient civilizations said that the residences of Nibiru, Planet X, are coming to save us. I personally think that's bullshit because the only possibility of there being residences on Planet X is if an intelligent species migrated there. There is no way a civilization formed there from scratch because the conditions there would be hostile, which posses another question...why would any intelligent species migrate to such a hostile place?

The Y2K thing was about power outages and having computers fail, nothing like the 2012 stuff.

It's kinda funny that you mention jumping onto Planet X as it passes because some ancient civilizations said that the residences of Nibiru, Planet X, are coming to save us. I personally think that's bullshit because the only possibility of there being residences on Planet X is if an intelligent species migrated there. There is no way a civilization formed there from scratch because the conditions there would be hostile, which posses another question...why would any intelligent species migrate to such a hostile place?

Because adapting to harsh conditions beats being killed to death altogether?

I still don't get why Y2K was such a bid fuckin' deal. One year like any other (if you exclude the new millennia, decade, century and shit)

Because adapting to harsh conditions beats being killed to death altogether?

I still don't get why Y2K was such a bid fuckin' deal. One year like any other (if you exclude the new millennia, decade, century and shit)

The thing they were worried about was computers failing because of the date change, which was supposedly going to mess up the computers leading to other things to go screwy.

"killed to death"...I like that. :lol: