Faces and Music Mods

Hooper

Hey, Iam new here to this site, I have had San Andreas for ages but never knew you could actually modify it!!! Heaven!!

Well anyways, I was wondering if it was possible to edit faces and maybe put your own face into the game somehow?

Oh, and is there a way so you can put your own music in so you can play it while your driving?

Cheers B)

Oh, and is there a way so you can put your own music in so you can play it while your driving?

Go to My Documents, then go to the file that says GTA San Andreas User Files. Inside this file is another file named User Tracks. Add .wav files to this folder of whatever song you want to hear, and viola.

In the game, you'll have to go to Audio Options and Scan User Files or Scan Music or something like that... it has Scan in it. When you've scanned the music, while driving press Insert or Delete until you've hit the radio station User Track Files. Your music will be played here.

Go to My Documents, then go to the file that says GTA San Andreas User Files. Inside this file is another file named User Tracks. Add .wav files to this folder of whatever song you want to hear, and viola.

In the game, you'll have to go to Audio Options and Scan User Files or Scan Music or something like that... it has Scan in it. When you've scanned the music, while driving press Insert or Delete until you've hit the radio station User Track Files. Your music will be played here.

Wow, that seems easy. Thanks!

Anyone know about faces?

We're presuming you're using the PC version, PS2 & X-box are doable, but not easy. For changing the face, you need to

edit a model which means you need SA V1 or downgrade.

For your user tracks, look at the README on the SA play disc & make sure your system's audio player meets the minimum

requirement. If not, you can download the latest version of WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER free & legal.

As for faces, you need to extract the ped (person) from the game & from that model open the TXD. From there you just

replace the text map of the face.

For details on model editing, read the tutorials at the top of the modding page.

If you haven't already, take a minute & read the rules (top left corner of page, white text) & check out the layout of the site.

Welcome & enjoy.

We're presuming you're using the PC version, PS2 & X-box are doable, but not easy. For changing the face, you need to

edit a model which means you need SA V1 or downgrade.

For your user tracks, look at the README on the SA play disc & make sure your system's audio player meets the minimum

requirement. If not, you can download the latest version of WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER free & legal.

As for faces, you need to extract the ped (person) from the game & from that model open the TXD. From there you just

replace the text map of the face.

For details on model editing, read the tutorials at the top of the modding page.

If you haven't already, take a minute & read the rules (top left corner of page, white text) & check out the layout of the site.

Welcome & enjoy.

Okay, thanks man. But where do I put my own tracks (MP3 Format I assume).

All it has in the readme is this;

3) USER RADIO STATIONS

User Radio Files

GRAND THEFT AUTO: San Andreas can support the playback of the users own audio files. By default the game ships with support for Windows Wave files (WAV) and Ogg Vorbis (OGG) files. Additionally, with the correct CODECS installed to your computer, you can playback MP3, WMA, M4A, etc. To facilitate playback of these formats you can -

Install the latest Apple QuickTime Player

or

Install Microsoft Windows Media Player 9 OR 10

or

Install a combined CODEC package