MMOGTA

crazychicken17

I was playing Runescape, an MMO game, and I was thinking about GTA. Then, an idea hit me: why not have an MMO GTA game? Imagine it: A whole, sprawling city, inhabited by thousands of players. It would be very gang-oriented game: Players could form gangs, then their gangs could buy buildings, and rival gangs would try to steal buildings from them.

Talking to NPCs could start you on a mission: Rescue Darkel from the Haitians. Assasinate the Cuban drug dealer, you get the idea.

There would have to be some kind of limit to Player Killing, to prevent people getting lots of guns, and going around slaughtering newbies, but I'm not sure how to prevent a player running another player over without some kind of 'energy shield' to prevent it.

Anyway, post your comments about this idea.

that would be extremely hard to do, your gonna have to know Java to be able to code such a program, i dont know anybody who has a substantial knowledge of Java

The Jagex staff have worked incredibly hard on RS over the years and I imagine doing something similar in GTA style would be just as hard

Nonetheless it would be awesome if someone did make a game like that, it would certainly be very popular

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...