Bands that should fall apart

Slayer

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

BUMPAGE.

Even though they're already broken up, System of a Down. For some reason, they just don't appeal to me. They're certainly in the right genre to do so. But something about them makes me want to hit the "next song" button whenever one of their songs starts playing. It's probably Serj Tankian's vocals.

I'm with Spaz. Serj has a very unique voice, and with the addition of Daron (whatever his last name is) is just awesome. I've always been a SOAD fan ever since I downloaded my first monophonic ringtone of 'Chop Suey'. That must've been quite some time ago...

They haven't evolved much, though. Self titled, Steal this album and Toxicity were all awesome. Mesmerize and Hypnotize were almost the same album, but they both still rocked. Serj's solo work was a bit umm... meh? I had to listen to it over and over until I began to actually like it... you can train your ears to listen to almost anything.. Which I guess is sort of a bad thing..

I suppose I'm just a fan though. I love the music and the band. They can do no wrong in my eyes.

Yay System!

Bands that should fall apart:

Bands such as 'My Chemical Romance' etc etc etc should fall apart. They're shit. Just shit. No need to say anything more.

Ok. let's go:

Nickelback- You fucking pieces of shit fucking redneck gay commercial musicians.

Creed and Staind- look fucking above.

Linkin Park. Above, even though they aren't rednecks.

MOST southern rappers.

Slipknot, seriously, your not even fucking scary anymore.

Most "heavy metal" (who are gay hair metal) shit bands, like Ted Nugent (the nuuugeee), Night Ranger (ok they are kinda cool), Bon Jovi (THERES NO POINT), you get the bands I'm talking about)

I don't even bother hating on emo bands anymore.

Now for the fuck your music taste mine is better:

QoTSA shall live.

Linkin Park. [You fucking pieces of shit fucking redneck gay commercial musicians], even though they aren't rednecks.

Okay, I have serious issues with this statement. They're gay for what reason? Because last time I checked, every single one of them (excluding the drummer) is married. Why, because their lyrics are pretty angsty and speak towards their fans? And commercial? Big deal, their debut album sold 24 million copies, which is a hell of a lot more than most bands formed in the past decade can say.

Linkin Park. [You fucking pieces of shit fucking redneck gay commercial musicians], even though they aren't rednecks.

Okay, I have serious issues with this statement. They're gay for what reason? Because last time I checked, every single one of them (excluding the drummer) is married. Why, because their lyrics are pretty angsty and speak towards their fans? And commercial? Big deal, their debut album sold 24 million copies, which is a hell of a lot more than most bands formed in the past decade can say.

i find them pretty good, now the jonas brothers :bashhead:

I meant gay as in lame. (no I dont think being gay is lame.)

Angsty? Sure, if your a 9th grade emo chick who's on her period.

And yeah they are commercial and over rated.

I meant gay as in lame. (no I dont think being gay is lame.)

oh i thought you meant gay as in homosexual lol :P

Edited by Ice-T3A

Weird, I became an LP fan in 9th grade. Then again, freshman year sucked ass. Their music was therapeutic for me.

Anyway, you can't listen to "Breaking the Habit" and "Nobody's Listening" and say they're not talented. Fuck the former's (pretty damn good, imo) music video, the song alone is worth a listen to anybody who's a fan of electronic rock. Plus, the latter is a pretty damn excellent rap song. Then again, I'm a sucker for anything incorporating a shakuhachi.

I'm not trying to make a fan or even like them, I'm just saying don't EVER call my favorite band gay for any reason. And before you ask, there are other, BETTER bands I like. :P

EDIT: Looking back at this topic, nobody bothered to speak against the Linkin Park hate until I did. :lol:

Edited by L-RiC

Let me just say that LP is one the few listenable rap-rock acts besides RATM and early Incubus to come out of the late 90s-early 00s. I appreciate the fact they experimented with their sound, have a decent rapper who doesn't rely on gratuitous hip-hop slang and cursing, and aren't wiggers trying to be edgy by combining bland rap lyrics with bland guitar riffs. (As of M2M, at least.)

UNLIKE Hollywood Undead. They fucking suck and I have no idea how these guys got popular. Oh, yeah. They originated on Myspace, didn't they? I've only heard "Young" because it came with RB2, but I damn sure don't hear it again. These assholes are trying to bring back the Limp Bizkit-esque shit we were all subjected to ten years ago. Significant Other and Chocolate Starfish were insufferable bullshit back then and guess what? Time has not changed things.

EDIT: Tilly, D12 and Three 6 Mafia have been around since the mid-90s. They aren't going away anytime soon. Granted, Proof is dead and Three 6 Mafia have since moved on from horrorcore to hip-pop, but still.

Edited by L-RiC

Sooner or later.

Are they still gunna be rapping about rapin' bitches and poppin' caps in there 80's?

Have you even really listened to any hip-hop or just what elitist metalheads tell you? (Though, that actually wouldn't be too far off from those particular two groups' subject matter.)

EDIT: Zack left RATM because of creative differences, but they're back together.

Edited by L-RiC

Have you even really listened to any hip-hop or just what elitist metalheads tell you? (Though, that actually wouldn't be too far off from those particular two groups' subject matter.)

EDIT: Zack left RATM because of creative differences, but they're back together.

Yes, I used to.

Elitist metalheads? They are just as bad as the elitist/racist sellout rap wannabes that everyone worships these days.

You know who I hate? Akon. His songs are utter shit and his lyrics have about the same quality as my poo.

Someone please tell me how "I wana make love right now now now" is a good lyric? He also does that stupid effect that makes his voice go high-pitched. UGH.

yeah, Akon's songs are quite disappointment, but every time I hear his song "Don't Matter", well I think I'm fine with that song because it brings me back good old memories of my highschool days ^_^

Your right L Ric, I shouldn't disrespect your music taste. LP still suck though.

Even though a I admit to buying meteora, I liked that album when I was younger.

They do some experimenting with sounds, but the big shouts and explosions are done a very over done way.

Oh and is One Day As A Lion any good? I always was interested since RATM kick fucking ass.

A band that should fall apart:

Plain White T's. Annoying, but I like that Hate song that is in SR2. I love the riff in it.

Paramore should also end, but the girl could remain alive and uhm, be my sex slave.

My Chemical Romance

Green Day

Dragonforce

Linkin Park

Most rap bands(D12, Three Six Mafia) but they will fall apart sooner or later so no worries.

All death metal bands that constantly harmonize with minor in drop D.

Agree with it except for DF and LP.

Sooner or later.

Are they still gunna be rapping about rapin' bitches and poppin' caps in there 80's?

.... By your definition ALL bands are destined to fall apart. DUH?

Sooner or later.

Only touring, no new music.

Paramore should also end, but the girl could remain alive and uhm, be my sex slave.

What's so wrong with Paramore?

L-Ric, I thought you were going to say LP was one of the only good rap/rock groups period.... And that would've been bullshit. :-p

However..... Fucking Kanye West needs to have his vocal chords ripped out and his arms paralyzed.... So he won't be able to create any type of music anymore ever. >.<