GTA 4 PC version discussion

niko

hello guys

I just wanted to ask when will the PC version release????

and what will be its system requirements

my system configuration is:-

1]AMD Athlonx2 dual core processor 5600+ @2.85Ghz

2]2 Gb DDR2 ram @667Mhz

3]ASUS M2N-E-Sli motherboard

4]GeForce 8500GT 512 mb....

Will it work in my PC......

Please Reply

THANKS>>>

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

512MB VRAM is more then enough. Not sure if the GPU itself is powerful enough. But I'm pretty sure if there would be a PC release you'd be able to play it smooth without low settings and stuff.

But that's just a speculation. Can't guarantee. Who knows it might even play it on max. settings or maybe it'll have to go low.

I would have gone fore a 8600 card with a little less VRAM.

hello guys

I just wanted to ask when will the PC version release????

and what will be its system requirements

my system configuration is:-

1]AMD Athlonx2 dual core processor 5600+ @2.85Ghz

2]2 Gb DDR2 ram @667Mhz

3]ASUS M2N-E-Sli motherboard

4]GeForce 8500GT 512 mb....

Will it work in my PC......

Please Reply

THANKS>>>

We don't even know if it will come out on PC yet. So stop asking about the date. When we find out we will tell you

OK...

then pls reply when the pc version releases

but why is the PC version always late......

isnt it that the PC version brings lots of revenue to the company...

PLS REPLY....

and,

thanx for ur support

nobody replies to my msgs in INDIA.........

OK...

then pls reply when the pc version releases

but why is the PC version always late......

isnt it that the PC version brings lots of revenue to the company...

PLS REPLY....

and,

thanx for ur support

nobody replies to my msgs in INDIA.........

Because it isn't a simple making a new disk and putting it in a box. They have to do a lot to it.

@TFY: It was merely a question dude. Maybe he thought that it might have already been announced so he just asks. Nothing wrong with that.

If PC version would be released at first it might make the console versions sell less and there are quite a few who are actually going to buy the console version and a PC version (if released). If both were released together they'd probably sell less. Porting a game shouldn't be to complicated for R*. Though it would take quite some time I don't think that's the main reason they delay it.

I don't think there will be a PC version to be honest, I know theres a lot of people who are saying there will be but if you look at the delays, its been pulled back about 5 months and so that should pull back a possible PC release to 2009 which by then they will be well in there way to making the next GTA installment, Plus theres still things about Modding etc which may not be allowed, but thats a different matter.

I don't think there will be a PC version to be honest, I know theres a lot of people who are saying there will be but if you look at the delays, its been pulled back about 5 months and so that should pull back a possible PC release to 2009 which by then they will be well in there way to making the next GTA installment, Plus theres still things about Modding etc which may not be allowed, but thats a different matter.

Most, if not all, the 3rd-person GTAs have been released while they were working on the next GTA. Ala, GTA III? Y'know, since Vice City only came out a year later. And they can make it unmoddable, but why would they do that?

^ I know that but if they make it unmoddable wouldn't they lose some customers? Since the hot coffee incident they might have to make it so it is unmoddable. I know they made III, Vice City and San Andreas but that was last gen consoles, these are next gen ones so they might decide just not to release it on PC, but I don't really care if they do or don't release it on PC to be honest.

^ I know that but if they make it unmoddable wouldn't they lose some customers? Since the hot coffee incident they might have to make it so it is unmoddable. I know they made III, Vice City and San Andreas but that was last gen consoles, these are next gen ones so they might decide just not to release it on PC, but I don't really care if they do or don't release it on PC to be honest.

They might, but people can get around it. And you keep acting like the hot coffee incident was the modding community's fault. It wasn't. It was ROCKSTAR'S FAULT. THEY PUT IT IN THE GAME. All they have to do is not put something like that in the game again. As I said MULTIPLE times before, I'm SURE they aren't stupid enough to make that mistake again.

k.....

so there will be no PC version...

and can you convert a ps3 game to pc.....

otherwise i have no other option but to buy a pirated version when it arrives here

but till now all the series have been released in pc right......

then why not this one??????

is the graphics very high or does the game not fit in 1 or 2 dvd's......

k.....

so there will be no PC version...

A PC version hasn't been confirmed or denied.

and can you convert a ps3 game to pc.....

No.

otherwise i have no other option but to buy a pirated version when it arrives here

That's illegal and we don't condone that here.

but till now all the series have been released in pc right......

then why not this one??????

We're not entirely sure it'll come out or not, but it will more than likely be ported to the PC.

is the graphics very high or does the game not fit in 1 or 2 dvd's......

Yes, the graphics are impressive. However, I seriously doubt this game needs more than one DVD.

Where exactly did any of us say that there is NO PC version coming? Al we said that it wasn't announced yet.

It can be converted by these game studios, not by someone like you or me or with some little nifty program. That won't do.

How exactly do you have no other choice? Get some money of the bank or save some up and then you'll have 2 choices: Buy it legally, or don't buy/get it at all.

My point, it wouldn't make sense not porting it to PC, they'd only lose. All we said is that it hasn't been announced yet.

Making a wild guess I'd say 2 DVD's. Or 1 DVD, highly compressed and an extremely long installation time.

My point of few. But because nothing has been confirmed or denied we only speculate.

i think you must be bored with my curiosity........

does anyone work here for R*

and what does blu-ray disk mean

and how much will a original disk cost

cause its is very expensive here....

here you get a pirated game for 1/2 dollar......

whats the cost of the original disk......