GTA 4 PC version discussion

niko

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I also don't think there will be PC versions for GTAIV, but most times I say it I get flamed for it. What I think is that the next GTA will have to come out in the next 2/3 years as I dont think people will wait another 4 years for a GTA. Thus there will be no time to waste on a PC version. I reckon if there is a PC version though it will be announced in the next 3/4 months.

I also don't think there will be PC versions for GTAIV, but most times I say it I get flamed for it. What I think is that the next GTA will have to come out in the next 2/3 years as I dont think people will wait another 4 years for a GTA. Thus there will be no time to waste on a PC version. I reckon if there is a PC version though it will be announced in the next 3/4 months.

GTFO teh internetz! j/k :rolleyes:

srsly I think 75% of the game's files from XBOX360 can be converted to PC and the rest would take roughly two months to port... The traditions says R* will announce GTA 4 for PC one month after releasing the console version ... If by June we don't have a confirmation then we should start to worry about the PC version.

Plus they'd double their money as PC version is usually more expensive and more people want the PC version and most people havn't bought Xbox or PS3 GTA IV's as they want the PC version...

Actually the PC version is less expensive, you pay $60 for the XBOX360 and PS3 version of GTA and only $20 for the PC version, that's happening to all next-gen multi-platform games ... About $10-15 from those $60 payed for the console version go to Microsoft and Sony whilst the $20 payed for GTA 4 PC go directly to Rockstar, no money for console producers since PC is not a console ...

1. The reason they came out with V2 of San Andreas was to get rid of the hot coffee mod so that the "AO" rating could be removed.

2. If I saw a PC version of a PSP game that would come out recently, I would shoot myself.

3. A PC version of GTA 4 would sell, but you would not require that much upgrading for your PC if the PS3/xbox have almost no problems running it. I mean, look at Half-Life 2 when that came out. That required many people to upgrade their systems but it still sold millions.

the graphics arent that amazing. have ppl totaly forgoten about Crysis, Assassins Creed, and the upcoming farcry 2?

In order to play Crysis you had to have a godlike computer, Assassins Creed had nice graphics...but if you didn't mind doing the same missions over and over again then it is the game for you, FarCry is one of my favorite game series so we'll see how that turns out. Currently, GTA 4 has amazing graphics for a consoul game and one that is completely open ended without any loading screens besides during cutscenes.

Crysis isn't as bad as people say. My system is far from godlike and has a 8800GT OC BFG video card but runs Crysis at the max res with all options on high. It stutters a bit on some heavy action scenes but for the most part runs fine. If I dropped the rez or some graphic options a bit it would run smooth all the way through. The only time Crysis requires a really top end system is if you are trying to max out everything and put the graphic options on Very High with AA maxed out.

After finally getting some time in playing I really hope they do a PC version so we can see it with a greater draw distance. The "painting" look of the back ground happens way to close to the player on the consoles. Everything goes fuzzy so close that it sometimes messes with my head when driving. It reminds me of how it looked when you were driving a really fast car in GTA SA except it is there even when you are moving slow. Up close the graphics are fantastic though. THe detail is amazing. The look of the city is exceptionally good. It really does feel like a real place. I just wish that fuzzy look could be moved further out. Like say a mile or so away it would start. I think that will be possible on the PC especially on the hardware that will be available in 6 months which is usually how long it is before the PC version arrives. Who knows though. I'm hoping they will.

i agree completely to this. that game must need some really high specs. And i doubt people can follow up those demands.

I don't think the specs would be so high. You gotta remember that the Xbox 360 has been out for quite a while now. Any medium to top end computer can do what it can do and/or more. 6 months from now even more people will have upgraded or purchased newer computers. The graphics are so good in this game all they really need to do to make it great is increase the draw distance so the fuzziness is much further out and it would be perfect. I would really be curious to see how it would run on my system. I can run Crysis and any other modern game at full rez with no problems. I even have all Crysis settings on High. If this game takes more power than that to run then it truely is a marval that they got it to run so well on the Xbox 360.

• 3 weeks later...

Well as we all know that majority of GTA IV Fans are waiting for a PC version.. i just want to know of there are any hopes for a PC version of GTA IV, mean while look at this poll:-

http://www.thegtaplace.com/poll.php?show=results&id=26

out of 7708 GTA IV Fans, 3795 are still hoping for a PC version... Dang will rockstar release GTA 4 on PC???? :bashhead:

theres a big possibility that they will release a PC version, all major GTAs are released in PC version... but if they do it, not all GTA fans gonna buy it, because its very sure that it will require very good computers, which some GTA fans don't have

but i heard many rumors around net that GTA 4 will have same requirements with that of Crysis... my PC can play Crysis and i guess Gta 4's requirements will not exceed Crysis requirements..

Depends which detail level of Crysis you mean.

You'd actually be suprised at how powerful computers can be for a small price. It's not so much that you'll need expensive graphics cards, just up to date ones.

But with all the money Rockstar's made with this, they could choose to put it all towards developing a new GTA game that will blow everyone away or they could choose to develop it for the PC.

I agree with Cat Licker, Rockstar made millions of money which they can choose to make a PC game of GTA IV if they want. But this game is next-gen game, it should require a very good computer. So if you don't got a good computer that can handle the system requriement, you gotta spend a lot of money on it with new parts or a brand new computer. Not everyone can affort stuff like that.

but i heard many rumors around net that GTA 4 will have same requirements with that of Crysis... my PC can play Crysis and i guess Gta 4's requirements will not exceed Crysis requirements..

Depends which detail level of Crysis you mean.

High Detail of Crysis, m havin Nvidia Geforce go 7800 256 MB VGA, 3 GB RAM.... Crysis runs perfectly on my notebook on high details, so i guess GTA 4 will also work maybe on medium details...

GTA4's high detail req's won't supass those of Crysis.

I mean, Crysis runs near flawlessly on My PC, only drops 1 or 2 fps when there's like, a multiple explosion, super ass firefight going on.

To be honest, look at how GTA is still selling on the PC. San Andreas is still selling, especially since it became available over steam and D2D. The production costs will be far outweighed by the money they'll make out of it.

Rumors are just that. Rumors. You can't base anything on rumors. Discredits you as a source of information.

next-gen my *** the game isnt realy that nicely made. it has nice reflections and all but most of the stuff is just like the other gtas. if you watch carefully explosions are just the same as SA, some some image popping up, it's made better though ill giive you that.

So because of a few basic things that are in ALL GAMES, it's not next-gen? There's only so much you can do with a game. You fail to realize all the smaller details in the game. I've seen more tiny detailing that made my day than I could name off right now, and I don't even own the game, so I only get to play it every now and then. Stop ragging on it just because you had way too high of expectations.