GTA 4 PC version discussion

niko

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

but i heard many rumors around net that GTA 4 will have same requirements with that of Crysis... my PC can play Crysis and i guess Gta 4's requirements will not exceed Crysis requirements..

Rumors are just that. Rumors. You can't base anything on rumors. Discredits you as a source of information.

next-gen my *** the game isnt realy that nicely made. it has nice reflections and all but most of the stuff is just like the other gtas. if you watch carefully explosions are just the same as SA, some some image popping up, it's made better though ill giive you that.

So because of a few basic things that are in ALL GAMES, it's not next-gen? There's only so much you can do with a game. You fail to realize all the smaller details in the game. I've seen more tiny detailing that made my day than I could name off right now, and I don't even own the game, so I only get to play it every now and then. Stop ragging on it just because you had way too high of expectations.

Rumors are just.. Rumors??? Dont forget that when GTA San Andreas was release on PS2, Rumors spread like fire that GTA San Andreas will

release on PC in the middle of June 2005... many ppl were expecting and hoping that GTA San Andreas will release on PC, and Yes ! Rumors became True and GTA San Andreas Released on PC on June....

Rumors can sometime prove to be true, if not then, A Truth is better which gives Solace than the lie which gives Pain.... many ppl are expecting GTA 4 to release on PC, Rumors can become true and if they proved to be true and if GTA 4 releases in the middle of October or November with The Graphics similar to crysis, then at that time, i will come and ask U tht rumors are just rumors?

but i heard many rumors around net that GTA 4 will have same requirements with that of Crysis... my PC can play Crysis and i guess Gta 4's requirements will not exceed Crysis requirements..

Rumors are just that. Rumors. You can't base anything on rumors. Discredits you as a source of information.

next-gen my *** the game isnt realy that nicely made. it has nice reflections and all but most of the stuff is just like the other gtas. if you watch carefully explosions are just the same as SA, some some image popping up, it's made better though ill giive you that.

So because of a few basic things that are in ALL GAMES, it's not next-gen? There's only so much you can do with a game. You fail to realize all the smaller details in the game. I've seen more tiny detailing that made my day than I could name off right now, and I don't even own the game, so I only get to play it every now and then. Stop ragging on it just because you had way too high of expectations.

Rumors are just.. Rumors??? Dont forget that when GTA San Andreas was release on PS2, Rumors spread like fire that GTA San Andreas will

release on PC in the middle of June 2005... many ppl were expecting and hoping that GTA San Andreas will release on PC, and Yes ! Rumors became True and GTA San Andreas Released on PC on June....

Rumors can sometime prove to be true, if not then, A Truth is better which gives Solace than the lie which gives Pain.... many ppl are expecting GTA 4 to release on PC, Rumors can become true and if they proved to be true and if GTA 4 releases in the middle of October or November with The Graphics similar to crysis, then at that time, i will come and ask U tht rumors are just rumors?

Yes, rumors are just rumors. Just because they can predict things occasionally does NOT mean that rumors are true until they are confirmed as true. Of course there was a PC release of SA, and of course they will PROBABLY be a PC release of IV. A good rumor prediction would be, "The next GTA will come out in two months, take place on the moon, and be for the Nintendo Wii only". If a rumor like THAT was correct, THEN you can come to me and tell me rumors are more than rumors. As it stands, GTA IV was suppose to take place in Carcer City, Tokyo, England, Chicago, and multiple other places that are DEFINITELY NOT in GTA IV.

Honestly if Rockstar want to make more money, the should make a pc version, if we look the bussiness side, they will invert a lot of money on developing a pc version, but they would make 6 times what they inverted, so i think that sooner or later it will happen!!!!.

well i guess a PC which can play Crysis and Mass Effect, can also Play GTA 4 if it will release on PC... cuz chk the recommended Requirements of Mass Effect:-

Mass Effect

Publisher: Electronic Arts

Developer: BioWare

Recommended System Requirements

Processor: Pentium 4 @ 2.6 GHz or Athlon Equivalent

Memory: 2 GB

Hard Drive: 12 GB Free

Video Memory: nVidia GeForce 7900GTX/ATI Radeon X1800 L

Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

DirectX: 9.0c

One can easily afford the above Specs....

sup, i was wondering if i could buy the version of gta4, even though its not released, could i just test it? damn the game is so sick i played on xbox but its a little to slow i have a killer computer so i rather play it on that. october is really far from now...i cant wait

Intel qx6700 @2830

4gb Kingston Hyper-X

Evga 9800GX2 1GB

WD Raptor 150GB

Asus P5N-E

Windows Vista x64 Ultimate

the only reason why pc version is being delayed is to make profit....the thing is you cannot use a pirated copy on your console untill u get it modded...even if u do so by getting ur console modded u lose ur warranty and wont be able to upgrade ur console's software....so the publishers want make the most out of it....once the game losses its market value for the consoles they'll soon release a pc version......these are all marketing tactics followed by all companies....for ex: suppose if they release pc and a console version at the same time they lose a lot of money coz pc versions are cheaper(exceptions in some cases) and can be pirated easily and most of the console owners owns a pc(wat i've seen in my country) so they go for a pc version(a pirated one) rather than a console version......

but when will the PC release come????

and my configuration was the best available in south india.....

higher models are not available u have to import them which is very expensive.......

pls reply

Dude! When did you get your GPU? Those guys get it mostly from other states and it takes around 10-12days to get it after the order. I got m 8800gt 3weeks back

isnt it that the PC version brings lots of revenue to the company...

Actually PC version is very easy to pirate so the the developers actually get lower profit on it.

I don't think there will be a PC version to be honest, I know theres a lot of people who are saying there will be but if you look at the delays, its been pulled back about 5 months and so that should pull back a possible PC release to 2009 which by then they will be well in there way to making the next GTA installment, Plus theres still things about Modding etc which may not be allowed, but thats a different matter.

The Devil! The devil I telkl you...He will burn your souls:P

k.....

so there will be no PC version...

and can you convert a ps3 game to pc.....

otherwise i have no other option but to buy a pirated version when it arrives here

but till now all the series have been released in pc right......

then why not this one??????

is the graphics very high or does the game not fit in 1 or 2 dvd's......

1. No one said so..

2. You'l require a Emulator to play console games, and a PS3 emulator will take a long time to be developed considering that there is no stable PS2 emulator yet.

3. Answered

4.Give it some time, the PS3 and 360 versions have just been relesed 3 weeks back.

5. The game it about 6 gigs and a normal DVD is 4.5gigs, I'm guessing Dual layer dvd.

^8800 GT rips all cards nowadays at it's price, even better than those more expensive than it.

I see no reason why R* shouldn't release GTA for PC, it means more money for them ( a money hungry company ), I'm sure they want the last dime out of this game ... Piracy an issue? Remember the leaked XBOX360 versions ? Piracy exists on consoles too, only on a smaller scale ... High requirements ? For a game that's in the makings since 2004, and has similar graphics to Call Of duty 4? Not a chance, XBOX360=2005 technology,PS3=2006 technology, this is 2008 baybe! Basically every 2006 made PC will run it decently. R* would be stupid not to release it IMO. They are still console-whores but a six months waiting is nothing, for what we get ( better framerate/graphics not to mention the mouse for aiming )

I'm pretty sure they will announce the PC version next month.

Edited by Gycu X

^8800 GT rips all cards nowadays at it's price, even better than those more expensive than it.

I see no reason why R* shouldn't release GTA for PC, it means more money for them ( a money hungry company ), I'm sure they want the last dime out of this game ... Piracy an issue? Remember the leaked XBOX360 versions ? Piracy exists on consoles too, only on a smaller scale ... High requirements ? For a game that's in the makings since 2004, and has similar graphics to Call Of duty 4? Not a chance, XBOX360=2005 technology,PS3=2006 technology, this is 2008 baybe! Basically every 2006 made PC will run it decently. R* would be stupid not to release it IMO. They are still console-whores but a six months waiting is nothing, for what we get ( better framerate/graphics not to mention the mouse for aiming )

9800GX2, anyone?

Agree with everything else.

9800GX2, anyone?

Agree with everything else.

OffTopic

The 9800 GX2 is twice as expensive or even more as the 8800 GT, and if you overclock a 8800 ... :rolleyes:

Farhan Master: Dunno about that card, yes it is enough for Crysis, at least medium but I'm sure there are better cards at a similar price. 8800 GT anyone ? 8800 fanboy alert! :D:P:lol:

OnTopic: One month since the release of GTA on consoles, R* could announce the PC version any minute now. Can't efffffffffffffffffffiiiiiing waiiiit.

Edited by Gycu X

well i guess a PC which can play Crysis and Mass Effect, can also Play GTA 4 if it will release on PC... cuz chk the recommended Requirements of Mass Effect:-

Mass Effect

I can't.

In GFX Card and memory, I can't. So don't be saying that everyone has a uber PC and that one can easily buy these specs.

Mass Effect

I can't.

In GFX Card and memory, I can't. So don't be saying that everyone has a uber PC and that one can easily buy these specs.

Its better to buy GTX rather than buying a PS3 or Xbox 360, most of the ppl cannot afford PS3 so they can upgrade their PC by adding GTX Card, atleast they can do this !!

:thumbsup: GTA IV PC release date

One eagle-eyed reader of our blog a release date for GTA 4 for pc has been spotted in the manual of the Xbox 360 version of GTAIV. Apparently on 13th December 2008 Niko and Roman will be finding a place on your Windows start menu just in time for the Christmas. No details on what additional GTA4 PC version features will be included, if it will be a Vista-only release or what minimum hardware will be required - but best put in a word to Santa for the latest Alienware hardware just in case.

.......btw my m8 got GTA 4 PC version but dunno how......in few days i sholud get it then i post somting cool-.............

System:Intel Quad core 3.0 GHZ

4 GB DDR2 RAM

2xGForce 8600 GTx 512 mb

250 HDD

I think he can run it xD ,,,so me 2

post-21230-1212527619.gif

Edited by brana

:thumbsup: GTA IV PC release date

One eagle-eyed reader of our blog a release date for GTA 4 for pc has been spotted in the manual of the Xbox 360 version of GTAIV. Apparently on 13th December 2008 Niko and Roman will be finding a place on your Windows start menu just in time for the Christmas. No details on what additional GTA4 PC version features will be included, if it will be a Vista-only release or what minimum hardware will be required - but best put in a word to Santa for the latest Alienware hardware just in case.

.......btw my m8 got GTA 4 PC version but dunno how......in few days i sholud get it then i post somting cool-.............

System:Intel Quad core 3.0 GHZ

4 GB DDR2 RAM

2xGForce 8600 GTx 512 mb

250 HDD

I think he can run it xD ,,,so me 2

I'm going to check the manual myself. And he doesn't have the PC version. That is 100% pure fucking bullshit. He is trying to sound cool, for it hasn't been developed yet.