GTA 4 PC version discussion

niko

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Even if it was brought to pc, people would illegally download it and not pay the 50-60bucks

I'm guessing your reasoning behind that conclusion is "people don't want to pay for something they already own on another system". Right? If so, you neglected to consider the fact that there are actually people out there who only play games on PC and don't already own the game at all...

Just to throw in my two cents, I've bought San Andreas for the PS2, Xbox, and PC. So ganglartoronto's reasoning goes right out the window, if that's that case.

Edited by L-RiC

pc controls suck, that why I have a gamepad for my pc, why is everyones hope so high for a PC version? it won't happen

1.I don't think PC controls suck, it depends. I've tried gamepad gaming and I couldn't play at all, also PC has mouse, which is way superior in aiming.

2. Many people don't own a next-gen console/for mods/improved gameplay and graphics, plenty of reasons mate

3. Why do you say it won't happen ? I demand arguments for dissection.

a pc version of GTA4, would have high demandments, because there is basically a living, breathing city in that game, hardly anyonw will buy it because there computer won't be good enough

I'm pretty sure a $600 or less PC will be able to play it. And why would a PC gamer have a bad PC? When I say PC gamer, I mean a real PC gamer. Not kids that play games from the past 5 years.

And people, a PS3's GPU is only about $150.

We got some news!

"A single-article blog called RockstarScammer claims to have tricked Rockstar into confirming working on the PC version of Grand Theft Auto IV.

The 'prank' started by emailing Rockstar's technical support, asking for support for a made up GTA IV PC sound problem. "I recently downloaded your free version of Grand Theft Auto IV for the PC. Despite your unique instructions on how to get it to play, it has performed great. The first person driving view is simply amazing and the Nico Bellic character really makes me feel like I'm living the storyline. So much so that I feel bad in finding something to complain about, that being the surround sound. At times the back left speaker cuts out, specially when characters like little Jacob are speaking. Also when I call 911, the automated response starts, but cuts out when I am given emergency options", the prankster wrote. "I hope you can resolve this issue for me, your website was no help. It's a shame the multi-player isn't available for PC in the free version, but I can live with that, I don't want to be picky. Thank you for any help you can provide."

Believing the emailer to have been a victim of fraud, Rockstar asked him where he got that game from. Needless to say, he played dumb and prolonged the email conversation as much as possible. Few emails in, Rockstar's response included this sentence: "The PC version of GTA IV has not even been announced for release and is still in development so is not about to be released on a website we have no knowledge of."

The last email sent out by Rockstar's technical support to the pranksters included the following: "We are unsure when the PC version of the game will be released as we are only technical support and do not receive information on the matter. I would suggest keeping an eye on www.rockstargames.com for any information."

Rockstar refused to comment on the whole matter."

This is just the summary, go to this blog here to see their proof of everything.

Too long to quote everything from their blog, but it looks surprisingly legit.

Edited by Slyde

THIS IS WHAT THEY NEED IN GTA OHk this is a big list so get ready, CAR MODS, JETS, BEING ABLE TO GET TANKERS ON UR TRUCK, A TANK, 1 new pistol, 1 new submachine gun, 1 new assault rifle, 1 new sniper, 1 new shotgun, 1 new rocket launcher and c4, AND YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO PUT A SILENCER ON OR OFF OF YOUR GUNS !!!!!!!!!!!!!, parachute, garages, camera, better clothes, a bit more cars (such as street racing kinda ones), at least one more island added on, more shops etc to walk in, DRIVABLE trains, helicopter with better aiming or missles, a car bomb shop , skateboards, bicycles, more missions, buying places, more side missions, and a wider range of races (like drift races, drags, and derbys etc). NOW IF ALL THIS COULD BE ADDED INTO GTA 4 AND YOU WERENT SATISFIED THEN THERE IS SOMETHING VERY WRONG WITH YOU. they could proboably fit all this into 2 or 3 gigs. spread all of this around and hopefully rockstar will be smart enough to add it all, peace out!

ALSO you should be able TO HANG ON CARS AND TRUCKS and not fall off immediately and the forklifts actually lift stuff, SPREAD the word eveyrone then maybe we could have all of what we want in GTA 4!!!!!!!!!!

OMG Its the arch enemy of the internet community T3h NooB, thank God I didn't go blind after reading that post. Forst of all the game has already been released on the 360 and Ps3, so the most they would alter is the graphics, There will be no change in the story line or the available features for the Pc version. Most of the stuff you have mentioned in there is already added in to the game.

Trains have been drivable and there have been Cycles since San Andreas, Only the Parachute part has been removed from GTA4. If you want races play Gt or NFS or some other racing game.

And beleive me there have been thousands of wishes on every other site, do you think Rockstar is going to be able to complete each and everyone of them?

If you want to Wish any thing for the next GTA go HERE

i think there wont be any official PC version since GTA is a HUGE series of games and look what heppened to Crysis- over 95% of the owners of the game got it downloaded so Crytek and EA got pretty fucked here, then think what will happen to GTA if itll be released on PC.

however some modders might make and emulator since the GTA community is large and some one has to do that.

i think there wont be any official PC version since GTA is a HUGE series of games and look what heppened to Crysis- over 95% of the owners of the game got it downloaded so Crytek and EA got pretty fucked here, then think what will happen to GTA if itll be released on PC.

however some modders might make and emulator since the GTA community is large and some one has to do that.

Pirating always stays...

But they still would get profit.

Also if pirates would have no chance to get it for free, then they wouldn't get it at all.

Yeah your right. Crytek got soooo fucked. So fucked infact, that the sequel's been announced. Oh, and another, third installment.

Great.

People aren't taking into account the massive and CONTINUED success of SA on the PC. R* would not miss out an any profit they could make. Whether people download it or not, they will still make a vast profit from the people who aren't douchebags and do buy it. Fuck your console fanboyism.

• 3 weeks later...