Need a lil' help

Silberio

Hiya'll.

I just discovered I got 800MB of free disk space, and I'd LOVE to get more.

I found a few files that use lots of space, and I dont really know if they are THAT important.

Also, I would really apriciate more tips on how to get more disk space, I tried defragging but it says I dont have enough space...

Hiya'll.

I just discovered I got 800MB of free disk space, and I'd LOVE to get more.

I found a few files that use lots of space, and I dont really know if they are THAT important.

Also, I would really apriciate more tips on how to get more disk space, I tried defragging but it says I dont have enough space...

I could have deleted the Java stuff, but that would be necessary if you want to browse web pages that require applets. Try deleting those temporary files and apps that you use rarely...

If you were to backup all your music, what type of CD would you need to put it on? I've got about 10GB's of music, so would I need a lot of CDs to put them on? Also, I've heard of a CD type you can change your CD to, called a data disc, but I'm not sure if that's the correct name for it. Could I access the music by using the data disc to put them back onto my computer, if I suffer a power cut, or can CD-R's only hold the music? I'm just worried about losing all of it, I have backed up my music using data discs for the last 2 years but I'm not sure if it has stored any of it. Any replies would be great.

OK, I found 1 DVD+R, but it's 4.7GB, not 7.4GB. I meant DVD+R before in my previous reply, not CD-R, I've changed it now. Anyway, when I've previously backed up my music, I used a data disc, and only used 1 DVD+R - the reason I did this is because I never had enough DVD+R's to put the songs on. Now, because I only have 1 DVD+R right now, if I buy several more, 3 or 4 for example, will those hold my whole music library WITHOUT being a 'data disc'? - I don't think data discs contain your music, only the information. If so, I'll get them tomorrow and back it all up.

Bossman - you would be better off burning them to DVD (7.4 gig, single layer), the drives are getting cheap enough if you

can afford a new game, you can get a DVD burner.

Um, DVDs are 4.7GB single layer...

OK, I found 1 DVD+R, but it's 4.7GB, not 7.4GB. I meant DVD+R before in my previous reply, not CD-R, I've changed it now. Anyway, when I've previously backed up my music, I used a data disc, and only used 1 DVD+R - the reason I did this is because I never had enough DVD+R's to put the songs on. Now, because I only have 1 DVD+R right now, if I buy several more, 3 or 4 for example, will those hold my whole music library WITHOUT being a 'data disc'? - I don't think data discs contain your music, only the information. If so, I'll get them tomorrow and back it all up.

If you're burning music to a DVD that's a data disk I do believe. Data disk, in simplest means, just means you can't listen to the music on a standard cd player. If you're "data cd" only contains music, it's considered an "mp3 cd". They store based on file size, not track size. Meaning one cd can hold over 100 songs, as opposed to a usual maximum of 20......

If you have 10GBs, then three DVDs will hold it. Unless you have some dual-layers, than it would only take two, or one, depending on the exact amount of music you have. You probably won't buy 2-3 more, though... You usually buy them in packs. They aren't expensive. My dad bought a stack of 100 and it ended up being like 20 cents a disk or so. Pretty cheap.

I bought a pack of 5 4.7GB discs for £8.99 a few days ago - fucking rip-off! It's the equivalent of $17.98 for 5 discs, and then I found out my mum bought 25 discs from Tesco for about £9.99, exacly the same - CD+RW, and then 25 plastic cases to put them in for about £3.99, and so I was slightly pissed off. Still, I've got all the materials so I'll back it all up over the next few days. -_-

I bought a pack of 5 4.7GB discs for £8.99 a few days ago - fucking rip-off! It's the equivalent of $17.98 for 5 discs, and then I found out my mum bought 25 discs from Tesco for about £9.99, exacly the same - CD+RW, and then 25 plastic cases to put them in for about £3.99, and so I was slightly pissed off. Still, I've got all the materials so I'll back it all up over the next few days. -_-

Um, CD-RW and DVD isn't the same thing. At all. And yes, that is a rip-off. On both accounts, IMO.

My bad on the size of the DVD. Got knocked in the head a few years back & sometimes I get little details mixed.

The capacity of a CD is 650-700 meg (for those who don't know the difference).

Spaz is dead on about DATA vs AUDIO files. It just means that audio tracks are in a format that common cd players can

recognize. You can get the CODECS for your computer to play virtually any format music is stored in.

My bad on the size of the DVD. Got knocked in the head a few years back & sometimes I get little details mixed.

The capacity of a CD is 650-700 meg (for those who don't know the difference).

Spaz is dead on about DATA vs AUDIO files. It just means that audio tracks are in a format that common cd players can

recognize. You can get the CODECS for your computer to play virtually any format music is stored in.

So technically, an audio CD is essentially a CD-ROM with audio data that can be recognized by regular CD players...