new vice city 2004 mod

luis321

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
hi there.

I have a problem with my new vice city 2004.

I have played many missions and completed 40% of the game.

but when i try to load a saved game, the game shuts down and shows a error.

what is the problem?is the file corrupt?

Sorry but you bumbed a really old topic but anyway you must start new game.

• 3 weeks later...
First, yeah it's a bump because he didn't say anything useful

Second, no need to caps.

Third, just report the post and shut up.

(Gerard if you see this topic, I'm not telling you what to do :) )

Dont tell me to shut up, im fed up with people bumping old topics from two months ago and yes there was a need for caps.

Post reported.

1) 16th March 2008 is not two months ago.. it's two weeks ago. And its in a smaller subforum. And its mostly relevant. Therefore it isn't a bump.

2) The "bump" was made by rohan265 from Sept 07 to March 08 - but that was a relevant reply and in a small subforum, so it wasn't a bump.

3) No, there is no need for caps, it's just rude. Use it to emphasise ONE word if you really need to.

4) Jake was right - If you find a bumped topic, don't reply. If you do, you are endorsing the bump and going off-topic, which is spamming. Just report it, and a staff member will look at it and make a decision.

Jake - You were telling other members what to do, which is helpful so long as you remain polite. It's when people start acting like moderators by saying "topic closed" or "give him a warning" that is misleading and gets annoying. The reason we say that is that you may not be right - you might think a topic needs to be closed, but the Staff realise it doesn't have to be - if someone has wrongly said "topic closed" then people might think they can't reply there anymore.

AIR - You obviously need a lesson on what a bump is. When someone replies to a very old topic (several months or more) with something not-very-useful, especially if it unnecessarily bumps the topic up to the top of the forum list in active subforums, then it is bumping. If it is in a nearly-empty subforum (eg Sunting), it is more relaxed because it doesn't bump up very far, and it doesn't cause disruption. If it is in an active subforum (eg GTA IV) then it causes more disruption, and we'll only allow it if it is an important reply. Replies in Pinned topics do not ever count as bumps.

One of the original reasons we don't allow bumping is to stop people constantly bringing their topic up to the top so that people will look at it. For example, if someone asked a question about their game not working, and they replied every week (double post or not) so that more people see the topic, that is tantamount to spamming and is not allowed.

In almost ALL circumstances, it is better to reply to an existing topic than make a new one exactly the same. For example, if you are discussing a specific mod, all discussion about that mod could stay in that topic, so that it can easily be found. If it has been a year since the last person posted about that mod, but you have something useful to add (eg the mod is back in development, or there is a version 2) then it is fine to reply. Replying with "lol me too" or "I agree", or a reply in an opinion topic (what's your favourite ___ ) isn't necessary and counts as bumping.