New iPods

MishoM

What the hell, why hasn't this topic already been made?! They look sexy:

shuffle20070905.jpgnano20070905.jpgclassic20070905.jpgtouch20070905.jpg

I went to the Apple Store today in Michigan and got to play with the iPod Nano and the iPod Classic. The iPod Nano looks so great in person, its weighs nothing, and is so thin its crazy. I loved the interface on both the Nano/Classic, looked great. Cover Flow kinda' lagged on the Nano, and I really doubt I'd use it if I were to buy one since it's not as fun with a click wheel. The Classic was great, it felt nice, was very thin, and the edges on it felt much better than the older one. The Classic also comes in a 160GB model which is great if you have a crap load of videos.

However, I plan to buy an iPod Touch. (It not coming in more than 16GB's is kinda' lame but whatever.) I love the iPhone's Safari browser and the whole Multi-Touch thing so I really can't wait to get a Touch. I hear it'll be released on the 28th. The iPod Touch comes in an 8GB model (for $300) or a 16GB model (for $400). The iPod Classic comes in an 80GB model (for $250) or a 160GB model (for $350). Also, Apple has added an iTunes Music Store for the iPhone/iPod Touch. You can buy songs on the go. And in some Starbucks stores, you can walk in, click on the Starbucks logo in the iTunes Music Store, and buy EXACTLY whats playing in the store. You can also see the last five songs playing in the store your in. This is just fucking awesome to me that you can actually see whats playing right then and there in that specific store.

I'll be getting the iPod Touch as I mentioned just because I love the touch screen/big screen. Plus I'm fine with not being able to hold every song ever made on an iPod. Which one are you guys getting?

(no anti-Apple/iPod in mah topics plz)

IMO, Touch is a gimmick by Apple to trick people into buying iPods with low capacities for $300+

However the iPod classic is very nice, HUEG hard drive and good price.

(Oh BTW I'm not being implicitly anti-Apple, but seriously, $300 for 8GB of space? Have fun putting both your movies and music on that)

It isn't a "gimmick", 16GB's is good with me for $400. For $400 your allowed to have music, video, pictures, you can browse the internet, browse YouTube, and it has quite good battery life. Also, am I the only one who doesn't like having music I listened to 5 years ago on my iPod? I usually keep the current stuff I listen to (which doesn't change often) and not the crap I used to listen to years ago. I'm fine with the small hard drive, and would be fine with only being able to have a few movies/TV shows on there. I'd rather have the internet than have a bunch of crap I don't watch/listen too.

And yeah, the iPod Classic is a really good deal. LOL, its hard drive is bigger than my laptops. ;_;

Edit My current iPod is about 20GB's and its ages old. I don't need more than 20GB's, I've got crap on here that I never listen to. (Example: Metallica's and AC/DC's discography's)

If I didn't already have an 80GB iPod video, I'd DEFINITELY get the iPod Classic. 80GB is more than enough for me, I can fit 4 or 5 movies and thousands of songs on it, but 180GB is just amazing. I don't really like the iPod Touch, it's pricey and you don't get a lot IMO. The features are good, but there isn't enough space TBH. Same for the Nanos, they've never interested me. I also dislike the Shuffle, there's no screen so you have to listen to know what song it is, which makes it a bitch to navigate.

OMG, so you get to pay 400 dollars for the opportunity to pay MORE MONEY for music? WOW!!! Sign me up immediately!

Or don't, and I'll be better off. Chestnut has a Creative Zen Vision: M 30GB player. I do believe it's no more than 200 dollars and does everything the iPod does. And I'm sorry, but in an MP3 player, capacity for music is more important than the ability to pay for more music. Any song I want, I can usually find on MySpace or GOOGLE for FREE. Kthx.

So, on a more positive note, I wouldn't mind the original Nano or Mini. I'd never buy the iPod Touch. As stated, gimmicky RIP OFF. It would be fine if they stuck to the usual like 20-30GB HDDs.

It isn't a "gimmick", 16GB's is good with me for $400. For $400 your allowed to have music, video, pictures, you can browse the internet, browse YouTube, and it has quite good battery life. Also, am I the only one who doesn't like having music I listened to 5 years ago on my iPod? I usually keep the current stuff I listen to (which doesn't change often) and not the crap I used to listen to years ago. I'm fine with the small hard drive, and would be fine with only being able to have a few movies/TV shows on there. I'd rather have the internet than have a bunch of crap I don't watch/listen too.

It is a "gimmick," 16GB's is a rip-off with me for $400. For $400 you're allowed to have music, video, pictures, you can browse the internet, browse YouTube, and it has subpar battery life. Also, I'm a trend-following android who doesn't like listening to older music because music older than 2002 is quite obviously out of style so I like to keep the current fad of rap which I listen to and not the crap everyone else used to listen to years ago. I'm fine with a small hard drive because OMG TOUCHING A SCREEN IS SO WORTH THE COST. I'd rather have a squished version of the internet than a bunch of music/video that for some reason I would put on my hard drive, but I wouldn't listen to/watch it.

Well the iPod Touch is the cheapest way to be able to download music through the Wi-Fi iTunes Music Store. Also, you can do that thing with Starbucks which is just fucking amazing, I'll update the first post about that since I forgot it.

Mmm...music with DRM. And it's especially awesome when combined with a fast and bug-free program like iTunes. Also, going into a snobby expensive coffee shop is fucking amazing, because I can have an iPod which will go crazy every time I enter it because it detects trendy buyable music being played.

Fix'd

gb2 Spaz's post

It is a "gimmick," 16GB's is a rip-off with me for $400. For $400 you're allowed to have music, video, pictures, you can browse the internet, browse YouTube, and it has subpar battery life. Also, I'm a trend-following android who doesn't like listening to older music because music older than 2002 is quite obviously out of style so I like to keep the current fad of rap which I listen to and not the crap everyone else used to listen to years ago. I'm fine with a small hard drive because OMG TOUCHING A SCREEN IS SO WORTH THE COST. I'd rather have a squished version of the internet than a bunch of music/video that for some reason I would put on my hard drive, but I wouldn't listen to/watch it.

Well the iPod Touch is the cheapest way to be able to download music through the Wi-Fi iTunes Music Store. Also, you can do that thing with Starbucks which is just fucking amazing, I'll update the first post about that since I forgot it.

Mmm...music with DRM. And it's especially awesome when combined with a fast and bug-free program like iTunes. Also, going into a snobby expensive coffee shop is fucking amazing, because I can have an iPod which will go crazy every time I enter it because it detects trendy buyable music being played.

Fix'd

gb2 Spaz's post

Oh fuck, there goes chris82, ruining another topic for no fucking reason. Do you get a boner after doing this?

16GB = 3,500 Songs, 20,000 Photos, 20 Hours Of Video (Or Some Of Each)

What I like about the iPod Touch is IT'S BIG SCREEN, I don't care if the iPod Classic holds 160GBs, my eyes start to hurt after watching a movie on such a small screen. However, on a screen the size of the iPod Touch's, iPhone's, or PSP's I can watch a video, no matter how long it is. I enjoy the big screen, and would love being able to actually see the pictures on it without having to squint to see whatever is in the picture.

Sub-par battery life? 22 hours of video, or 5 hours of video is great to me. Especially since my current one has such horrible battery life.

"Doesn't like listening to older music", ummmm, what? The majority of my music library is of the 1990's, or the 1980's. In fact, I've only bought two albums that were made by bands formed after the year 2000. Protip: Don't talk about shit you have no idea about.

Yes, I'd rather have the internet, YouTube, iTunes Music Store, have a big screen, have a cool touch screen, have a very thin product, have a very light-weight product, and have a product that has applications such as Google Maps, and can have applications such as the iPhone's Mail app, an NES simulator, and weather/stocks apps than have something with a bunch of storage that I WILL NEVER USE, EVER.

You don't even make an argument against the Starbucks thing. There's a Starbucks in the Barns And Nobel's near my house, I go there often to look around at books/music, being able to take out my iPod and use their Wi-Fi for free is just going to be even better. I've heard some good music played there, I wouldn't buy it, but who knows they could play some catchy that I like, whats the big deal if it's played at a Starbucks?

Your very annoying, you try to change peoples opinions on things for no reason, I clearly said I didn't want an argument in this topic yet you just had to start one. No one can start a topic expressing a different opinion than yours without you bitching at them, your annoying, and it really seems like your whinnying, "why do you want that when you can a bigger hard drive!", I have no need for a bigger hard drive. I'm fine with only having one movie if I can play it on a big screen and browse the internet, I really don't care if you prefer the iPod Classic, you don't have to try and change my mind.

Those numbers are generalizations more-than-likely based on minimal file sizes. I still must ask why you want to pay extra for the ability to pay extra. Something about that just sounds like you've fallen into Apple's trap.

Chris82 simply stated his opinion on the iPod Touch, and you started getting defensive. And BTW, about the old music statement, you said you didn't listen to music that you, and I quote, "listened to 5 years ago". You never actually stated what it was you listened to then, or now. All we were saying was that those were small hard drives. If I have 25GBs of music, I want a lot of it on my MP3 player. Do I listen to it all? No. But that doesn't mean I'll never be in the mood to listen to it. I don't always want to listen to the same songs. I have a HUGE variety of music I like. Some days I want to listen to certain songs and bands, and sometimes it changes within minutes. I want access to whatever library of music I have. I hate feeling like, "DAMN, if only I had room for that song on here, I REALLY want to listen to it!" or "Man, had I remembered that one song!".

Quite frankly, I think you're just a bit of an Apple fan-boy who is too defensive over their products.

Oh fuck, there goes chris82, ruining another topic for no fucking reason. Do you get a boner after doing this?

16GB = 3,500 Songs, 20,000 Photos, 20 Hours Of Video (Or Some Of Each)

What I like about the iPod Touch is IT'S BIG SCREEN, I don't care if the iPod Classic holds 160GBs, my eyes start to hurt after watching a movie on such a small screen. However, on a screen the size of the iPod Touch's, iPhone's, or PSP's I can watch a video, no matter how long it is. I enjoy the big screen, and would love being able to actually see the pictures on it without having to squint to see whatever is in the picture.

Sub-par battery life? 22 hours of video, or 5 hours of video is great to me. Especially since my current one has such horrible battery life.

"Doesn't like listening to older music", ummmm, what? The majority of my music library is of the 1990's, or the 1980's. In fact, I've only bought two albums that were made by bands formed after the year 2000. Protip: Don't talk about shit you have no idea about.

Yes, I'd rather have the internet, YouTube, iTunes Music Store, have a big screen, have a cool touch screen, have a very thin product, have a very light-weight product, and have a product that has applications such as Google Maps, and can have applications such as the iPhone's Mail app, an NES simulator, and weather/stocks apps than have something with a bunch of storage that I WILL NEVER USE, EVER.

You don't even make an argument against the Starbucks thing. There's a Starbucks in the Barns And Nobel's near my house, I go there often to look around at books/music, being able to take out my iPod and use their Wi-Fi for free is just going to be even better. I've heard some good music played there, I wouldn't buy it, but who knows they could play some catchy that I like, whats the big deal if it's played at a Starbucks?

Your very annoying, you try to change peoples opinions on things for no reason, I clearly said I didn't want an argument in this topic yet you just had to start one. No one can start a topic expressing a different opinion than yours without you bitching at them, your annoying, and it really seems like your whinnying, "why do you want that when you can a bigger hard drive!", I have no need for a bigger hard drive. I'm fine with only having one movie if I can play it on a big screen and browse the internet, I really don't care if you prefer the iPod Classic, you don't have to try and change my mind.

Nah, the topic was closed when I got back. I was out Saturday night and most of Sunday so I didn't get a chance to see what went on in this topic. But I posted anyway because, well, you know to sustain my erection.

But if you have to squint to see the regular iPod's screen, I'm sorry. Why not consider the Creative ZEN Vision W? It's $300 for 30GB of space and has a large screen.

5 hours of video? That's pretty standard battery life. The thing doesn't even get the audio battery life of the last generation Nano.

You said you didn't like listening to music you listened to five years ago. The wording implies that you listen to new music (or music newer than five years ago) exclusively, so you'd only need 16GB of space. I'm not even going to question this. You want to spend more on a product with less space because of its screen? Have fun. Hope you love your new iPod.

And if you're going to make such a big deal about the Touch's features, why not get the iPhone. You've bought into the whole "OMG TOUCH SCREEN" thing and it's only $100 more. Go for it.

I don't try to change people's opinions, I say why I think they're wrong.

Not related to iPods, but don't you remember my "bands that should fall apart" topic? You attacked me for saying I don't like GNR and you automatically assumed I have only one of their songs so I can't judge a band. Can't you see you're doing the same thing? Why don't you take a look at yourself before you start flaming others? Less blood will be spilled on both sides.

Not related to iPods, but don't you remember my "bands that should fall apart" topic? You attacked me for saying I don't like GNR and you automatically assumed I have only one of their songs so I can't judge a band. Can't you see you're doing the same thing? Why don't you take a look at yourself before you start flaming others? Less blood will be spilled on both sides.

Oooh, I think someone just hit a rather hard nail on the head.

Those numbers are generalizations more-than-likely based on minimal file sizes. I still must ask why you want to pay extra for the ability to pay extra. Something about that just sounds like you've fallen into Apple's trap.

Chris82 simply stated his opinion on the iPod Touch, and you started getting defensive. And BTW, about the old music statement, you said you didn't listen to music that you, and I quote, "listened to 5 years ago". You never actually stated what it was you listened to then, or now. All we were saying was that those were small hard drives. If I have 25GBs of music, I want a lot of it on my MP3 player. Do I listen to it all? No. But that doesn't mean I'll never be in the mood to listen to it. I don't always want to listen to the same songs. I have a HUGE variety of music I like. Some days I want to listen to certain songs and bands, and sometimes it changes within minutes. I want access to whatever library of music I have. I hate feeling like, "DAMN, if only I had room for that song on here, I REALLY want to listen to it!" or "Man, had I remembered that one song!".

Quite frankly, I think you're just a bit of an Apple fan-boy who is too defensive over their products.

Maybe I worded that wrong, I really used to listen to bands like AC/DC, I've now completely stopped listening to them. If you look at my current iPod, I still have their music on there at its their entire discography. I don't need that, and when I get my new one I doubt I'll even put a single AC/DC song. My music library doesn't vary like some others, I have specific bands I like and ones I don't. I love the Smashing Pumpkins yet hate Tool/A Perfect Circle. Yes, I like Apple, but I also have quite a few Microsoft products so I wouldn't call myself a fanboy.

@chris82, I was thinking about getting a Zen, but I like the new iPods much better, meh. I don't have 80GB's worth of music to fill an iPod Classic, and I wouldn't use it for video's or pictures due to the small screen, so I'd rather have an iPod Touch with a bigger screen so that I can at least view my videos and pictures without getting a head ache.

@Slayer, WTF? I said you can't say Axl Rose is a bad singer without at least giving me some reasons. Also, on that topic, you said you only listened to Greatest Hits, listening to that album is NOT ENOUGH to say the band should fall apart. That album was garbage, they selected their most well known songs and not their best songs. I would have been fine if you gave me some decent reasons as to why Guns N' Roses should fall apart, I could think of a few an anti-GN'R person would say. You said Axl couldn't sing, and when you say something such as that I expect an explanation as to why he can't. Oh and I'm not like that about everything, only a few things. Saying GN'R is a bad band really ticks me off.... It's one of the things that makes me really angry. >:o

You see, this is exactly why I said "no negative shit" in my topic, because an argument breaks out. Why do you always have to do this? Just comment that you like the iPod Classic and thats it, you didn't have to be a bitch and be all "its defiantly a waste of my money blah!". Ugh!!!

You see, this is exactly why I said "no negative shit" in my topic, because an argument breaks out. Why do you always have to do this? Just comment that you like the iPod Classic and thats it, you didn't have to be a bitch and be all "its defiantly a waste of my money blah!". Ugh!!!

Well I choose to disregard that because you can't really restrict me from posting negative things in topics. I wasn't really posting anything negative to begin with, I just said what I thought about the iPod Touch. What, do you think this is going to just be a big positive iPod praise-fest?

If that was the case, what's the point of a forum? Seriously.

Well I choose to disregard that because you can't really restrict me from posting negative things in topics. I wasn't really posting anything negative to begin with, I just said what I thought about the iPod Touch. What, do you think this is going to just be a big positive iPod praise-fest?

If that was the case, what's the point of a forum? Seriously.

The point wasn't for all of us to just flame each other because they like the other iPod. It was to just talk what we like about them, and which one we may be possibly getting. Christ, I said I liked one of them, and it seemed like your entire negative post what directed towards me. Why can't you just be like nice for once?

I wrote that in the very first post because I knew this would happen, the few people who enjoy Apple products on this forum can't discuss them without people like you coming in and shitting all over everything.

This topic wasn't "POST WHAT YOU HATE ABOUT THE NEW IPODS!", it was "post about the one you like/may purchase".

His post wasn't negative. He simply was stating his opinion on the iPod Touch.

His opinion on the iPod Touch was negative. He seriously could have just left that part out and everything would have been good. To late now though, fuck it. I'm done arguing over it. I like it, I don't care if you don't. You've stated before your not an Apple fan. I don't care anymore. :(

Actually this is a discussion topic about the new iPods. Discussing good and bad points of each, including whether you like them or not and why, is a perfect use of a topic like this. The entire point of a discussion forum is to discuss. In discussions it is okay to disagree, and it is okay to have a totally different viewpoint. You don't have to go round trying to convert everybody to your point of view, or flame them because theirs is different.

Misho, it is very obvious what your POV is, because you stated it very well (with justification) in your first post. Chris82 sarcastically disagreed, because his POV is different - he wants to get the most usefulness for the money he pays, rather than the newest/best looking or whatever. Misho then countered his argument. Huckleberry stepped in with his POV that it is a bit of a waste of money, agreeing with Chris82, and Misho countered that. Jace, Bossman and Spaz added their opinions. This is all great so far. Chris82 stated more of his pov and countered Misho's arguments, then Misho tried to counter all that, but got a bit antsy about it.

Notice that Misho has countered everybody that disagreed with him? I mean yeah, discussing it is fine, but you really have to learn to just accept people's viewpoints. If there are factual inaccuracies, point them out. If someone really doesn't like something, you don't have to persuade them that you are right and they are wrong. People don't like that. Let it go and discuss.

"His opinion on the iPod Touch was negative. He seriously could have just left that part out and everything would have been good" - Um no... because that would defeat the point of discussing this. That doesn't mean people should be negative all the time, but his balanced and acceptable viewpoint was that it isn't good value, which is entirely fair.

"You've stated before your not an Apple fan. I don't care anymore" - Does he really HAVE to be an Apple fan for you to get on with him? That's pretty restrictive.

I posted about this on ShockGadgets a few days ago, so had plenty of time to think about it. I don't especially like any of the new range. Sure, they're bigger/better, but that isn't all there is to it. I am usually a practical man, but I am very happy with my 30gb 5.5g video iPod. For now anyway. We've seen the "fatty" nano a few times over the past month, in various spy shots - and were even instructed by Apple to take down the images of it. Never really liked it, certainly not that proportion. And the phone-less iPhone is maybe a bit pointless, and REALLY seems like a waste of money to me. Not sure if Apple have quite hit the nail on the head this time, as they have done fully up until now. Maybe they're trying too hard?

I don't care if you don't like it, it just makes me angry when people come in here saying things like "oh wow, its such a waste of money IMO", what the hell does that add to the conversation?

I wanted to keep this topic positive to avoid arguments, but look whats happened. Every fucking topic that involves Spaz The Great or chris82 has to end with an argument, I don't like it when people say what I like is a "waste of money", so of course I'd argue. It's a nice looking product with many features, it sure isn't a "waste of money" just because you can't fit every picture ever taken on it. If this topic was kept positive, we would have had a nice discussion about what people like, saying something like "I would have liked the iPod Touch to have more than 16GBs", would have been good. But instead he said "its such a waste of money", which of course pissed me off.

chris82, you don't have to argue and sound like an arrogant asshole about every fucking thing.

I'm not gonna involve myself in ths dispute... Haven't got the energy.

It was alleged, (point directed at Gerard after the so called 'fatty - nano' quote :P ) That the new nano was designed to be the ideal size / proportions to fit in one's jeans pocket. Is it me, or are apple using their thinly - coated subliminal imagery to say that people who buy this should wear jeans? Seems like their excluding some of their market there. I do love the all metal case of the classic though, seems a good idea, and i'd buy one if i had the choice outta the three. The touch doesn't really appeal to me... Fair enough, if Apple had given it the same functionality as he other iPods, cut out the crap, and kept it cheap, then i may have considered that, as apposed to the Classic (if i had to buy one)

It was also alleged that the touch comes equipped with a bluetooth - enabled chip that wld allow users to share music and the like. Though it has not been enabled.

^ sauces to come...

We [techEblog] heard from a pretty decent source that the touch internals are very similar to the iPhone internals, and that there is a Bluetooth chip in there -- it's just not activated. We'll all find out as soon as someone dismantles one of these little buggers, but whether or not that's actually the case, we don't know yet.

*searches*

No source for the jeans pocket thing, will continue to scout around, more info at TechEblog , as they are responsible for the above info... Go there to see unboxing images, touch guided tour, etc.

The point wasn't for all of us to just flame each other because they like the other iPod. It was to just talk what we like about them, and which one we may be possibly getting. Christ, I said I liked one of them, and it seemed like your entire negative post what directed towards me. Why can't you just be like nice for once?

I wrote that in the very first post because I knew this would happen, the few people who enjoy Apple products on this forum can't discuss them without people like you coming in and shitting all over everything.

I WASN'T MAKING A NEGATIVE POST ABOUT YOU FFS, IT WAS ABOUT THE TOUCH! Stop perceiving was I say incorrectly. If the post was negative towards you, it would have said "You're a fucking retard for buying the Touch which is a gimmick." Not "The iPod Touch is a gimmick."

His opinion on the iPod Touch was negative. He seriously could have just left that part out and everything would have been good. To late now though, fuck it. I'm done arguing over it. I like it, I don't care if you don't. You've stated before your not an Apple fan. I don't care anymore. :(

It's not about being an Apple fan, I'm just saying that I think the Touch is a piece of shit. What, so just because it's your topic, I'm not allowed to not like what it's about? I just said it was a shitty product and since I think that it's "shitty," it's my opinion. Agree or disagree, I don't care. Don't drag things out. I'm not going to censor my thoughts because you can't take it.

I don't care if you don't like it, it just makes me angry when people come in here saying things like "oh wow, its such a waste of money IMO", what the hell does that add to the conversation?

I wanted to keep this topic positive to avoid arguments, but look whats happened. Every fucking topic that involves Spaz The Great or chris82 has to end with an argument, I don't like it when people say what I like is a "waste of money", so of course I'd argue. It's a nice looking product with many features, it sure isn't a "waste of money" just because you can't fit every picture ever taken on it. If this topic was kept positive, we would have had a nice discussion about what people like, saying something like "I would have liked the iPod Touch to have more than 16GBs", would have been good. But instead he said "its such a waste of money", which of course pissed me off.

chris82, you don't have to argue and sound like an arrogant asshole about every fucking thing.

Well my opinion is that it IS a waste of money. I'm adding my opinion to the conversation. That what a conversation is. People adding their viewpoints, opinions, and thoughts about a particular subject.

My post was basically that I thought the iPod Touch was a waste of money. Then you come in and start the argument. Just because Spaz and I happen to have different opinions than you about the quality of the iPod Touch doesn't mean you have to bitch/blame us because you like it so much.

iateallthepokemon.jpeg

But you did insult me, and called me an "android" for no reason, and I'm guessing "I'm fine with a small hard drive because OMG TOUCHING A SCREEN IS SO WORTH THE COST." wasn't an insult or wasn't directed at me either? Spaz The Great also said "OMG, so you get to pay 400 dollars for the opportunity to pay MORE MONEY for music? WOW!!! Sign me up immediately!". So you weren't only calling the iPod Touch a shit, but you also insulted me for liking it. Do I insult you for liking Windows XP? No, I know a lot of people who would, but I don't because you happen to like it, and I don't give a shit. I don't go around saying "Windows XP is a peice of shit" whenever you mention it, however you do say this kind of stuff whenever the iPhone, iPod Touch, or a lot of Mac-related stuff in general is said.

"Censor my thoughts", rofl, it's not like I'm censoring your thoughts on something semi-important, all I said was that I wanted a nice conversation about what everyone here liked about the new iPods, and what they would possibly want in a future revision. I didn't want you to come in and just tell me why everything I like isn't good, it's good for what I want it. The 160GB seems like a waste in my opinion due to the iPod Classic's very small screen, however the iPod Touch has a much bigger display so I'd rather trade in the GB's for the nice big screen, plus the few other things (internet, etc) are nice to have on there as well. 3,500 songs is good for me, I don't need you telling me why what I think is wrong and why I should listen to you and buy what you want.

A conversation isn't a bunch of people yelling at each other about why what one likes is bad and why what another likes is much better. You need to be more laid back, as do many other people at this forum. You don't hesitate to argue on anything, you saw that I liked the iPod Touch and because of that you wrote in an overall asshole like tone how "its a gimmick" and how "its a waste of money". Why can't you for fucking once just say "Oh, that's cool. But I need more space so I'd rather pick up the Classic one since I'm fine with this and that and etc.", no you have to say "NO, thats a rip-off and a gimmick, you should buy this". Seriously man, you need to just chill out. Just because this is a forum doesn't mean we have to argue every chance we get, jeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

And your the once bitching at me, and so is Spaz, hes the one who said "OMG, so you get to pay 400 dollars for the opportunity to pay MORE MONEY for music? WOW!!! Sign me up immediately!", what the fuck am I going to say to that? I was ready to have a nice conversation with a few dudes in here, but you came in and shit on everything. For fucking once, just have a nice conversation without bitching at someone, FOR ONCE.

Quite a lot, actually. That says that that person doesn't think the Touch is worth the price Apple are charging. It may be that that person underestimates the features, or they have such a tight budget they would want a laptop for that price, or it might mean they know of other things which are much better value (such as the Classic). Is that not a point of discussion? It isn't as if everyone is getting one for free or next-to-nothing, this is hundreds of dollars of (often) hard-earned cash that is going to be frittered away on one little plastic/metal box that plays music. Maybe you're so rich you don't have to think about anything you buy and you can just have what you want whenever you want, but to the rest of us money matters. If the Touch is too expensive for what it offers, then it is not good value and we will not buy it. Is that not worth discussing? Can you prove to me that it IS worth buying even though I don't have that much money to waste? Do you concede that it is only worth buying if I really do have that much spare cash?

Right... so because it is good (which nobody is denying) then that automatically makes it good value? You're missing out the money element altogether, which really makes you sound spoilt. The argument started because you don't like them discussing the value of the product, which is a vitally important indicator in whether people buy it or not.

The Touch is not good enough for me to spend hundreds of dollars on. It would be a waste of my money because I do not believe I am getting enough for the money I spend. Just like buying a 160gb Classic instead of an 80gb would be a waste of money because there's no way I'd ever need that much space on it. There's nothing wrong about discussing that. Saying "I don't like it because its shit" would be wrong, because it isn't shit, and no justification is given. Some people don't like them as much as you. Get over it.

Although they do argue a lot, it isn't Chris82 and Spaz that started this argument - that was you for getting overprotective of the new iPods. You can't even face the fact that some people don't want it. A discussion about the iPods is "Do you like them or not" - that includes the "or not" so long as people say why. Saying it is a waste of money is a good enough reason not to want it.