Better on PS2 or PC?

Scott.

PC has the mods and that is a massive advantage, so many great additions like the multiplayer, new characters and weapons, new cars, new everything basically, but the controls are worse IMO, I'm used to the PS2 pad layout. I suppose the graphics might be a bit better on PC as well, I haven't seen that version though. The PS2 version is worse, and I own it on PS2, and I think loads of people here see it that way as well.

I'd go for the PC version.

Also bare in mind that the ps2 renders the game in a far lower reso. I'm sure if a PC would do that reso it would have a much higher frame-rate.

Reasons for PC version:

Trainers (messing with the gravity is pretty funny sometimes)

Mods

Online gameplay.

+for PS2 is that you play in standard on your TV (big screen) and with a gamepad. Both can be done by PC too, but for the first it's quite a pain.

The PC version only lags if your PC is incredibly shitty. San Andreas really does not take a lot of resources to run and the graphics are not that good. I'd say it lags more on PS2 because sometimes it can't stream data from the disc fast enough so models don't appear right away like they should.

The PC version also has tons of mods (including online mods), MP3 playback, replays, mouse aiming, and slightly better graphics.

One thing I noticed between PC/PS2 was the PC version had more textures, like the trees outside SAPD HQ in LS. They

were in the PC version but not in PS2. A low end PC would run slower because of this compared to PS2.

I'm here for mods so PC is my obvious choice. Besides, I HATE aiming w/ thumbsticks (PS2). I actually started to like the

minigun in VC when I got the PC version & could aim w/ the mouse, same for sniper rifle. That carried over to SA.

I prefer it on the PC, of course I had a horrible old 20" TV that I picked up in 1995. So, it did a horrible job on VC and SA. Move it to the PC opened up a lot of modding possibilities, and the graphics were a huge change. I have a Logitech Rumble Pad 2. so I didn't have any problems changing over. In fact, the ability to aim with my mouse on some missions (the one with Smoke and CJ on the bike running from the Russians) actually allowed me to get past the mission. Using the PS2 controller, I don't think I ever got past the mission. I may have to try VC on the PS2 with my new 32" REGZA, there might be enough difference to allow me to play it without getting a headache. VC was way too pink, and SA had this orange color that just drove me nuts on the PS2 and made both games almost unplayable. The PC versions didn't have that problem at all and with my HDMI to DVI connector I can either play them on my 19" in Hitachi, or move them to my 32" REGZA. A lot of fun doing that. hehe.