Sign in to follow this  
Scott.

Any way of removing scratches from PS2 games?

Just get a disc scratch remover product, I'm sure there are tonnes of them out there, it's just a case of what one to use. Here's a website that seems okay:

http://www.cd-repair.co.uk/

Or, you could try it yourself, but it MIGHT make it worse so be careful if you do try this:

http://www.cd-repair.co.uk/How_to_repair_a...ation_disk.html

Just have a look around and see what one is perfect for you, Ebay and Amazon might have some good stuff as well.

I've tried everything, but it keeps stopping in the same place. I've used toothpaste and vaseline. Someone told me to freeze it over night. I aint even gunna try that.

The freezer thing does fuck all.

My friend used to put toothpaste over the scratches and then rinse it off...surprisingly it worked some times, but I wouldn't really trust that idea much. It’s sort of a desperate attempt to fix it. I always take care of my CDs and shit so I never had a problem with them getting scratched.

I probably wouldn't try a single thing suggested in this topic except the scratch remover/disk cleaner stuff people are suggesting. Chestnut has a scratch remover, and sometimes you have to use the shit like 4 times in a row, but it does end up working usually.

Do NOT buy a Disc Doctor or any similar products. They do nothing and may make your situation worse.

Really? Mine worked so well I literally wore it out.

But than, if he already has to replace the disc, he's not really losing much. Try your local gamestore, see if they can clean

up the disc. Around here (Midwestern US) I think the going rate is $4-$5 (US)

One of my disks wasnt in the tray all the way when i closed it so it got stuck then i had to rip it out and it got alot of scraches next to each other and it didnt work so i used a disk cleaner on it and it plays but the sound dosent work anymore <_<