Jose Mourinho quits as Chelsea boss

The Bossman

LINK

Here's some quotes reacting to the shock news:

"The Prime Minister is a football fan and somebody who enjoys watching Premier League games, so he knows Mourinho has a fantastic record of success.

He's made a significant contribution to British football in a short period of time and he's also one of the great characters of the game."

- A spokesman for Gordon Brown, British PM.
"Once you take away the authority the manager has in signing players, you're on a slippery slope.

What I would say about Mourinho is his record is with underachieving players and when Andriy Shevchenko and Michael Ballack came in, it disturbed the balance. They've never looked as fluid and that's because the manager probably did not himself believe that is the way they should be playing."

- Former England manager Graham Taylor.
"I think that half the team will have been affected badly and it's going to be hard to get that team spirit that Jose managed to manufacture."
- former Chelsea forward Gavin Peacock.
"I'm absolutely astounded at what's happened.

Winning football matches is what the game's about and he is a winning manager who puts a winning mentality in players' heads and they go and win things."

- former Chelsea captain Ray Wilkins.
"The man is a superb coach. He'll be hugely missed and took Chelsea to a level they could have dreamed of a few years ago. He will be hugely missed."
- former Chelsea player Pat Nevin.

Chelseas Director of Football, Avram Grant, has been made caretaker manager:

LINK

Mourinho is expected to receive a huge £25 Million payoff after having 3 years left on his current deal:

LINK

Here is some info on the new Chelsea boss, as well as a few interesting links at the top of the page:

LINK

Lastly, he are some memorable quotes from Mourinhos 3 years in charge;

LINK

So, what do you think? Was he right to leave Chelsea? Was he sacked or did he leave by himself? Post your thoughts here if you wish.

^ They definitely won't, there could even be a possible max exodus of players, Terry, Lampard, Drogba, Carvalho and Malouda could all leave and follow Mourinho wherever he goes, providing it's a club with a huge amount of cash. I hope Man U win on Sunday, although Mark Lawrenson, a BBC Football pundit, thinks it will end 0-0, but I say 1-0 to Man U.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...