GTAFORUMS.COM

claude_luigi

Hello I am new to this forum, hope you guys arent as harsh as the mean people at GTAFORUMS.

They banned me for suposivly PBM, me and my brother use the same computer so he got banned for double posting

and harsh language, he told me about the forums and how reliable they were so I joined. They straight away banned me and sent

a quite disturbing email.

Don't really get it. I tried to reply to them but they just kept swearing at me. This was on my msn though.

Anyways what do you guys think do any of you use those forums. :pissedred:

u must of done somthing to get banned

Don't bet on that, do a search here, many MANY people have been banned for no reason. The place is run by no law, and the rules are a clear indication of this..."We have the right to remove you from the community at anytime"...Remove a humans rights and in my opinion your no better then Hitler.

GTA Forums is full of complete and immature assholes.

<3 you now.

Maybe that's the reason oskar moved there after he got banned? But yeah, how harsh was the email?

Not sure what your on about there, but I fail to see how another user has anything to do with this. Also, how does the harshness of the email mean anything? Just search the damn site and you have more evidence then you need.

Anyway, claude_luigi I can assure you things are run a little differently here. Here you have rights (yes, like the real world, not a world thats revolving around "look at me, I have an admin pip, woo! Bow to me!"). So enjoy yourself, and let me know if you need anything.

I'm actually a member their, some of the Staff members their aren't as helpful as most of the others are. But basically, your brother did make a account before you, so of course once they look into your IP they will find your account and ban you since they might think you're the same person as your brother.

Also welcome to our forums.

u must of done somthing to get banned

Don't bet on that, do a search here, many MANY people have been banned for no reason. The place is run by no law, and the rules are a clear indication of this..."We have the right to remove you from the community at anytime"...Remove a humans rights and in my opinion your no better then Hitler.

<3 you now.

Maybe that's the reason oskar moved there after he got banned? But yeah, how harsh was the email?

Not sure what your on about there, but I fail to see how another user has anything to do with this. Also, how does the harshness of the email mean anything? Just search the damn site and you have more evidence then you need.

Anyway, claude_luigi I can assure you things are run a little differently here. Here you have rights (yes, like the real world, not a world thats revolving around "look at me, I have an admin pip, woo! Bow to me!"). So enjoy yourself, and let me know if you need anything.

I'm on about oskar joining GTAF to be amongst the other immature assholes there. The point of the post was to call oskar an immature asshole. As well as the rest of GTAF.

I'm on about oskar joining GTAF to be amongst the other immature assholes there. The point of the post was to call oskar an immature asshole. As well as the rest of GTAF.

In that case then...:). My apologies I wasn't aware of Oskar joining, next time I'll get my facts, cheers'

I agree, I remember my friend Haywire asked someone to rig a model, simple rig wouldn't take long at all for a modeler.

Then everyone went off at him saying "Do it your self" and flaming him pointlessly.

I only go there once every month or so to check up on mods/VCMP. Nothing more, I don't dare post cause who knows what'll happen.

I'm new here too, though, coming from another asshole forum like you.

Welcome, and enjoy your say. I have been so far. =]

Yea, I was a member there too. I remember one thing that I cannot forget, was when I asked about how to find a site about..I don't know what is was for, anyway, a smart-a$$ came there and start flaming me like hell because I made that topic. And more things happen that leaded me to leave.

Anyway, welcome here and enjoy. ;)

I'm beginning to notice a trend. Anyone else noticing it also? Bad moderation, disrespect for fellow members, flaming and "I'm better then you because I've been hear an whole two days more" attitude. Synapse: Popularity contest is all it is, if your in the 'in crowd' your fine, if not then don't bother. It's obviously just a network started by a group of friends rather then a real group of hard working webmasters.

Urgh I HATE that forum.

Worst forum ever.

TGTAP is my home lol.

Agreed. I joined 'cause I wanted to see what its like as a member. TGTAP is better because the profiles and all that are more modern.

Yep, well TGTAP uses IPB 2.x.x which uses more modern technology (although I can't talk, I rather 1.3), however the skin they uses by default is from 2001ish so thats pretty old. It also clashes bad, look at posts with text in the member side and then the post text, yuck! Worst validating and layout I have seen yet.

This forums moderators aren't chosen by friends. They have been chosen on how helpful, active, nice etc, that member is.

I'm an example, Chris didn't know me until I became a staff member here. Actually, I think he still doesn't know me :P. Jokes.

I'm beginning to notice a trend. Anyone else noticing it also? Bad moderation, disrespect for fellow members, flaming and "I'm better then you because I've been hear an whole two days more" attitude. Synapse: Popularity contest is all it is, if your in the 'in crowd' your fine, if not then don't bother. It's obviously just a network started by a group of friends rather then a real group of hard working webmasters.

I don't think it was started by a group friends, GTAF has been around since 2001, some of the members that joined during 2001-2003 have become good friends, so they are all on one team. I do agree with you though, it does look like you have to be part of that crowd to get known there. I sometimes visit there, since some members there bring out the news first.

Edited by Charger