200,000 POST MILESTONE

K9 Krew

Erm, how is 202,206 closer to 250,000 then 200,000 :P

It's 2,206 posts closer. 202,206 is greater then 200,000 is it not? :P .

202,206 is 2,206 posts away from 200,000.

Err...no it ain't.

202 206 - 200 000 = 2 206

Therefore mathematically 202 206 is larger than 200 000 by 2 206.

So they are separated by 2,206 posts, which is what jace said, is it not?

I lol'd just now - we're having a maths debate --->

Say it quickly

I'll go grow up now... -_-

I think you both just mean the same thing... But you're looking at it from two different angles. I won't get involved.

Just because it's posted by a spam bot or by some member being a fool doesn't mean it's not a real post, it was still added the same way as all others by members were, through the posting form and added to the database the same way. If the database counts it as a posts, why not us? It does come down to point of view, and just because we don't value it doesn't mean it doesn't exist or count as a post.

Honestly I don't care, I started this to make some conversation after my 3 months of activeness and I get, once again, your "I know it all" mouth. It's the last thing I need thanks. Never did I say we have to listen to what I had to say, or that the ID numbers in the posts table were what we had to go from, only that according to it we were on a higher number. Why ever that may be, I don't know or care frankly. Not my job.

As for the invisible topics, I was using it as an example, NEVER did I say it was TGTAP pacific. But hey, twist my words as you wish.

Didn't twist anything? Just commented that we don't have any invisible posts here (usually), so that doesn't affect the post count. Then I said I would have expected you to know that as a staff member. Would be a valid example on another forum though.

This is a good conversation - we're trying to come to a conclusion or compromise as to whether the post ID number is a measure of posts better than the post count. Bringing personal things into this is a big mistake, so I'll ignore your above comments.

The post count is the official measure of the number of posts on the forum, pretty straightforward.

Yes, the post ID number is a way you can see how many posts have been created on the forum ever, but that includes so many shit posts that don't exist any more (merged or fully deleted) or just in the trash can or ffag. Those are not included in the forum post count because we don't want to count them. You can count them and take note of the number as you wish, but they are no milestones as far as

Same with user IDs. We very rarely delete members any more (just ban them), but from when that practise still occured there is a defecit in the number of members that exist to the number of members that have ever been created. Again, we count the first one for the same reasons - it is the number of members we have on the forum. However, this DOES include banned members, because they have obviously mostly contibuted at least some posts, so they have to exist for everything to work properly.

... Aaaaand yet another topic dies a shitty death wrapped in arguing peoples.

Oh well, thanks to everyone who's been keeping active and keeping our post count going. Congrats Eddward if it was you who got that post, I haven't actually checked myself.

200,000 wasn't actually supposed to be a milestone :P

No seriously, it was just a figure I hoped we could reach before October 16 (original GTAIV release). And we did it with ease which is great.

The next actual milestone (after 100k) was going to be 250k (quarter of a million), so here's to that!