New moderators and some other stuff

Chris

Been a while since I posted any sort of news or announcement. Anyway, now that myself and Gerard have started university, and other staff members have returned to their school/college or whatever for another year, some additional team members were required to keep the place moderated as we're all getting kinda busy now.

Here's what's been going on through the reshuffle:

Dave has disappeared from the internets and has unfortunately lost his soul to WoW which we are led to believe he still regularly plays 24/7 (none of us have seen him online for months) - as a result he's been demoted and lost all staff privileges. He was the guy who kept the public gang forums running smoothly, so later we'll need a new person to do this (along with Gerard), but more on that later as we have some changes for the gang scene here, which don't make use of the system or the shop much, check the suggestions forum over the next week or so for a topic I'm going to post there for news and discussion on that.

rockstarrem has been promoted to moderator where he is now moderating most of the GTA game forums bar LCS and VCS, as well as a few others.

TM™, MrLlamaLlama and Lord Voldemort were all asked if they wanted moderator positions, all accepted and are now moderating their chosen forums.

These guys earned their positions, they didn't ask/beg me for them, I'm sure they'll do a great job when needed.

In other forum news, you're probably aware that Rockstar recently released various wallpapers, avatars, buddy icons and such (check the current latest news post if you don't know). Well I've uploaded the avatars to our forum here so you don't need to link/host them anywhere. They can be selected/viewed by going to your Avatar settings and where it says "Choose an avatar from one of our galleries", choose the rockstar games fall 2007 gallery and click Go.

I'm also planning on adding avatars for all the Rockstar companies, as well as for the GTA games from GTA3 onwards, we already have some Vice City ones there. I'll let you know when any are added.

Feel free to use any if you don't have a personal avatar or anything else to use.

On a sidenote it's great to see we've reached 200,000 posts, not a planned milestone, the next would be 250,000 for our quarter million, but good to see loads of you staying active and posting ;)

Hey guys.

I'd like to thank all the staff first off, it's nice to know I'm respected to such a level here at TGTAP...

I didn't realise until i went to post, like i normally do, and i saw all these random new links and options and stuff... Scared me a little.

Anyway, it's sad to see Dave has been grabbed by the plague that is WoW. Best of luck to anyone trying to contact him...

Its nice to see the team growing,but sad to hear that Chris and Gerard won't be that active, quite a contrastive point IMO.

Just as a question, do you both [Chris and Gerard] know each other personally / met each other?

I believe they have met each other in life before, and now, they both are together! Not in weird way, but you know what I mean. So your question is answered. :)

Also, thanks guys, I'm gonna do my best here to Moderate most of forums provided.

So yeah, fear the banstick! j/k