Code of Conduct

Harwood Butcher

Well today my school distributed this year's code of conduct pamphlet and I randomly thought up a game students could play using this code of conduct. It's a pretty risky game and can get extremely out of hand. I could get in trouble for thinking up the game because it basically encourages students to cause trouble.

ANYWAYS, this is how the game works. The code of conduct has a section that explains what you cannot do during school and the consequences of doing them consisting of 3 levels of punishment. Level 1 consists of things such as cheating, dress code violations, use of electronic devices, roaming halls without a hall pass and other simple things such as those. Level 2 consist of a little more serious things such as forgeries, gambling, harassment, leaving the school grounds, etc. Then there is level 3, the most serious of all the levels, which consist of violations such as bringing alcohol and drugs to school, false fire alarms, starting fires, theft, fighting, weapons, etc.

WELL, I gave all these violations points.

• Cheating = +15
  • Defacing of school property = +30
  • Unauthorized Areas of Campus = +40
  • Leaving School Grounds = +80
  • Alcohol or drugs = +150
  • Fighting = +250
  • Threats = +500
  • Weapons = +600

And the list goes on.

Then there are certain violations that can range from a certain amount of points depending on how you go about doing these violations. A simple one is using the Internet without authorization. You will gain 20 points if you successfully use it and you'll gain more points if you go on sites you're not supposed to go on. If you get caught, instead of gaining those points, they're taken away from your score, BUT if you go back onto the internet after you were told to get off, you receive double the amount you would have gotten and triple if you go on a third time after have been told to get off twice and etc.

If you receive any kind of punishment you lose points. You lose when you get expelled. If you survive the school year with the most points, you WIN!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I actually meant for this idea to just be a joke, but my friends found it to be a good idea. So now I'm sort of getting worried about the idea since they're going through with it because I'm the one that came up with the idea.

Anyways, what do you guys thing of it? :lol:

NOTE: For the record, I in no way encourage or suggest you play this game. I'm simply posting it to see what kind of responses it'll get.

Edited by Original GTA Master

Brilliant idea! Too bad my school full of geeks, nerds & dorks wouldn't approve it so I'd end up playing the game with myself :(

I highly doubt that there isn't one person in your school that'd play this game.

As for the game in my school so far, it's moving a little slow. None of us have been committing any major violations. Only level 1 stuff so far.

This sounds like a good ideabut meh theres no need in the opint system we (me and my mates) just dare each other to do crazy stuff, once my mate put the fire alarm on and start screaming 'FIRE' we ran and we didn't even get caught. Funny as we wasted about 40 minutes worth of lesson.

Another story was once my other friend Mark thought it would be funny to bring a Universal Remote and to change all the TV channels and put them on and off. My god was this hilarious. Teach sat by herself in the classroom and he kept putting the TV on outside the classroom. She was gobsmacked to how it was happening. He also done it in lessons for Projectors kept on pausing and stopping them. This was probably the best laugh ever, until he got caught and only got a detention for it.

me and my buddies have a game kind of like that but its more of who can get the most pens and pencils stuck in the wall of celing. You guys should try it its soo fun my record is 3 pens 7 pencils and a piece of gum but i got cought and well we did it in every class but the teachers didnt know who it was so the teacher who cought us told them all so we had to clean up all of the rooms and suspendid for one day >.< But it was still worth it.

We have been trying to think of a new thing to do so ill tell them about your game maybe we will try it out.

I find it funny that students from different schools have been doing the same kind of things, pulling fire alarms, universal remotes, launching pencils/pens into the ceiling tiles.

But if you guys actually want to try this game, you'll have to get your hands on a code of conducts booklet that belongs to your school and make up your own point system and what not. Cause I didn't list every single violation above.

------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: WHO KEEPS PUTTING MY TOPICS IN THE FUN AND GAMES SECTION. Sorry, but it's starting to really piss me off. They're not forum games!!! I would have placed them in here if they were.

This sounds like a good ideabut meh theres no need in the opint system we (me and my mates) just dare each other to do crazy stuff, once my mate put the fire alarm on and start screaming 'FIRE' we ran and we didn't even get caught. Funny as we wasted about 40 minutes worth of lesson.

Another story was once my other friend Mark thought it would be funny to bring a Universal Remote and to change all the TV channels and put them on and off. My god was this hilarious. Teach sat by herself in the classroom and he kept putting the TV on outside the classroom. She was gobsmacked to how it was happening. He also done it in lessons for Projectors kept on pausing and stopping them. This was probably the best laugh ever, until he got caught and only got a detention for it.

Kind of hard to believe since, y'know, universal remotes have to be programmed to the TV, so you'd need to know the correct code to work it.

well so far i gots...

# Fighting = +250

# Threats = +500

lol. 700 points, in the first 3 weeks of school, and my leg is twitching...feels wierd...

Um, that's 750 points.....

And are these your actual points? Why is threats twice the amount as fighting? If I THREATEN to fight someone I get MORE points than actually fighting them? O.o I'm confused?

Why is threats twice the amount as fighting? If I THREATEN to fight someone I get MORE points than actually fighting them? O.o I'm confused?

Threatening to fight someone isn't listed under threats in my school's code of conduct. These are more serious threats such as bomb threats and shit like that. So a bomb or gun threat are more serious than a fight...at least according to my school.

EDIT:

your "unauthorized areas of campus" should be the lowest points. what punishment do you get for that? "um, your not allowed here. go away."

My school takes tresspassing in unauthorized areas very seriously. You'll get in school suspension for that. I'm basing the points off of the level of punishment you'll get from the violations.

One thing that does get annoying is when the Fire Alarm goes on, since middle school, the fire alarm goes off 3xs or more a day. The same did happen on High School, but pulling fire alarms have dropped since about 2 yrs, its kinda old... Your in class talking with friends, and then it goes ON. <_< ANNOYING

Edited by Charger

One thing that does get annoying is when the Fire Alarm goes on, since middle school, the fire alarm goes off 3xs or more a day. The same did happen on High School, but pulling fire alarms have dropped since about 2 yrs, its kinda old... Your in class talking with friends, and then it goes ON. <_< ANNOYING

But it's a life saver when you're about to do a presentation. :P

me and my buddies have a game kind of like that but its more of who can get the most pens and pencils stuck in the wall of celing. You guys should try it its soo fun my record is 3 pens 7 pencils and a piece of gum but i got cought and well we did it in every class but the teachers didnt know who it was so the teacher who cought us told them all so we had to clean up all of the rooms and suspendid for one day >.< But it was still worth it.

We have been trying to think of a new thing to do so ill tell them about your game maybe we will try it out.

Reminds me of a new personal favourite. Scalpel darts. Basically, me and my mate Ian sit at college, bored as hell. We have scalpels, because we are art students (who can be trusted with such implements ^_^ ). I figure it's a good idea to draw random target boards about the place (on pieces of paper, stuck to walls, tables, and the backs of chairs) and stuff. Outer ring - 10 pts, 3rd ring - 20 pts, 2nd ring - 30 pts, first ring 40 pts. The very centre - 50 points, plus a bonus of 100 pts if you get a shot in the same place twice in a row. Simple. Oh, and we made a little dude out of a cola can. Pics to come.

post-7823-1191541682_thumb.jpg

post-7823-1191541710_thumb.jpg

Rofl, he has arms and everything...

Reminds me of a new personal favourite. Scalpel darts. Basically, me and my mate Ian sit at college, bored as hell. We have scalpels, because we are art students (who can be trusted with such implements ^_^ ). I figure it's a good idea to draw random target boards about the place (on pieces of paper, stuck to walls, tables, and the backs of chairs) and stuff. Outer ring - 10 pts, 3rd ring - 20 pts, 2nd ring - 30 pts, first ring 40 pts. The very centre - 50 points, plus a bonus of 100 pts if you get a shot in the same place twice in a row. Simple. Oh, and we made a little dude out of a cola can. Pics to come.

post-7823-1191541682_thumb.jpg

post-7823-1191541710_thumb.jpg

Rofl, he has arms and everything...

Hmmm, don't really see how this has anything to do with "Code of Conduct", but ok...

BTW, I like the cola dude. :thumbsup:

Kind of hard to believe since, y'know, universal remotes have to be programmed to the TV, so you'd need to know the correct code to work it.

This one didn't need a code just the TV manufacterer ie Sony Samsung etc. It came with a booklet with lots of TV makes and all we had to know was what was the make of the TV.

This one didn't need a code just the TV manufacterer ie Sony Samsung etc. It came with a booklet with lots of TV makes and all we had to know was what was the make of the TV.

There are also universal remotes that consist of one button. I don't know how they work, but this one kid had one in my Home Economics class.

ANYWAYS, back to the “Code of Conduct” please.

• 2 weeks later...