going to glasgow for vaccation

steveyboy

Yeah thats true, but a lot of those"black' street gangs in england, are just guys trying to be hard, they have no orginality or hardness like the ones I've seen in L.A, there a drive by happens everyday that run around with Ak's and shoot each other for being in a different gang, those gangs in england are just bored youths trying to be hard by bashing a couple of people and having some weapons...to me they are giant douchbags.

Well I live right near South Central, and all my life I have seen one drive By, and it was both scary and exiting... My cousin was the one I my family almost killed, after the gang 18st came out of nowhere in a van with AK's and shot, luckily she wasn't hit. This one time I was really shocked, it was at a party and I decided to go and Tag in the streets with friends, and this Crips are robbing the store and in there way out, they still had time to stop me and my friends, they hit us up "where we from" but they did say something nice, when they got in their car,"Stay safe" and took off.

Edited by Charger

Yeah thats true, but a lot of those"black' street gangs in england, are just guys trying to be hard, they have no orginality or hardness like the ones I've seen in L.A, there a drive by happens everyday that run around with Ak's and shoot each other for being in a different gang, those gangs in england are just bored youths trying to be hard by bashing a couple of people and having some weapons...to me they are giant douchbags.

No, they are not just guys trying to be hard, they are real criminal gangs, that are dealing drugs, gun running, doing drivebys, and fighting over turf. Glasgows gangs have been around a lot longer than any gangs in LA. gang violence in glasgow has been around for hundreds of years, and many of their gang names today are the same as they were back then. yes there are a lot of young, middleclass, twats that are just trying to act like gangstas, but there are also many real gangs, that are dangerous and have come from a poor upbringing.

and how the hell do LA gangs show originality? they embody every stereotype of american black gangs. <_<

and how the hell do LA gangs show originality? they embody every stereotype of american black gangs. <_<

They are original, there the most original Gangs out there, Crips, Bloods, MS13,SURX3? You don't hear about gangs from those places.. There is even movies about them. Rappers come out from their, take a look at the Game, WC, Mac 10, 2pac, Snoop Dogg, etc. Gangs in L.A have been around the 1950's.. Even the mob, before that. Asian Gangs are even coming up, and they are some crazy fuckers too.

let me just add that i have spent all 26 years of my life in glasgow and it has been fine, yes you get your rough areas but what city doesn't? its a great place for going out drinking and partying, and we like visitors and treat them with respect (even the english) there are planty worse parts of edinburgh and tbh i wouldnt set foot in thwse places in fear of my life, leath is a shit hole (pardon my french) and niddrie, christ i stayed in nicer parts of iraq, i have seen a hell of a lot more shit in edinburgh than in glasgow and also they are not very warm to tourists there either, about a 95% chance of a mugging and slashing......but do try to enjoy yourself ;)

let me just add that i have spent all 26 years of my life in glasgow and it has been fine, yes you get your rough areas but what city doesn't? its a great place for going out drinking and partying, and we like visitors and treat them with respect (even the english) there are planty worse parts of edinburgh and tbh i wouldnt set foot in thwse places in fear of my life, leath is a shit hole (pardon my french) and niddrie, christ i stayed in nicer parts of iraq, i have seen a hell of a lot more shit in edinburgh than in glasgow and also they are not very warm to tourists there either, about a 95% chance of a mugging and slashing......but do try to enjoy yourself ;)

i always thought edinburgh was a pretty safe place, but i have never been there so i wouldnt know. and you must very lucky, because when i went to glasgow some thug with a baseball bat tried to mug me. but i managed to leg it unharmed.

i think you were more unlucky that me lucky there bro, tbh tryng to mug someone with a baseball bat is pretty weak as if they are too close there aint no mugging going down. the glasgow Gangster scene is pretty high but if you are not involved in it you will never see it, oh btw after you have seen the castle and went down the "haunted streets" in edinburgh, there aint much left to do, unless you like millions of students trying to ponce a discount on a packet of crisps and lots of coffee shops that charge through the roof ;)

i dunno if he genuinly wanted to mug me or just kill me, i didnt stay to find out. i think he must have been a junkie

i just looked up Niddrie on google images and yeah, it looks like a very nasty place

niddrie70.jpg

steveyboy, maybe you should avoid the Scottish cities all together, go to the orkney islands, its very nice, and pretty much a 0% chance of you being murdered :thumbsup:

Edited by Madlabrador

Another person from Scotland Wooooo.

I wouldn't say that Glasgow is the Best place to stay but it is better than a few places in Scotland such as Dundee and Perth. They are complete boring cities. If you are in Glasgow you can go places such as the Science centre and you can visit one of the football stadiums to watch a match or something. Football is something Scotland is very proud of (I have noticed recently in their games).

Just enjoy yourself in Glasgow.

well said lad, yes i think it is getting a bit dramatized in here, trust me if you are a tourist in glasgow you will think its great ac you will be poised in the city center you will be fine, glasgow has one of the best shopping districts, cheapest pubs and a fantastic nightlife you would enjoy it.