HELP!

fatalgamer

Start w/ IPL/map mods. After you BACK UP EVERY FILE YOU PLAN TO EDIT, just add them to your MAPS folder IN data &

add the lines to GTA3.DAT (the README should have a line you can copy & paste).

Once you're comfortable w/ that, try changing a car for a different one. Again, the README should have the details.

If not, we're around.

Start w/ IPL/map mods. After you BACK UP EVERY FILE YOU PLAN TO EDIT, just add them to your MAPS folder IN data &

add the lines to GTA3.DAT (the README should have a line you can copy & paste).

Once you're comfortable w/ that, try changing a car for a different one. Again, the README should have the details.

If not, we're around.

Well, it is kind of minor, but I did figure out how to put mp3s in the game radio, wich other than the mp3s the games radio has nothing else to listen to, guess the audio files did'nt load correctly. I also figured out how to put in skins and I added a sweet mod in Vice City that makes the smoke effects more robust, car tire smoke that is. I did go to properties and uncheck the read-only thing, I think that is what allowed me to do so, because before that I could'nt even add skins in. I tried to add a car to Vice City. It deffinently changed something, cause when I would go to certain places the game would crash, until I restored the backup files. I think it's running fine now, but I guess it's a step in the right direction.

Also, on Vice City, when a video comes up and when you get that little mission complete song, it does not have audio. What the hell is wrong? It is a bit annoying.

Also, again, how do I use the "Dmagic1wheel mod"? This is really frustrating too. When every I look at the "read me" file of a car mod, it tells me that I need this in order for the mod to work. I guess that is why that first car mod did'nt work properly. I have the dmagic thing but I'd like it if someone could tell me what path to save it to.

Edited by fatalgamer

Well, I modded a few cars into the game but they always turn out funny. One had invisible panels, anothe had a red body but the interior, tires, rims and under the car was all whits and the newest is all white. Inside and out is completely white. What is up with this. They are exellent models but just white. Can some one help?

That sounds like a video issue, the models aren't rendering right. Make sure you have up to date drivers.

Is the game "lagging" while you play?

Dmagic1wheel mod should be available from any site w/ cars. It tells your game that it's using a car w/ it's own wheels as

opposed to the dozen or so already in GTA3.IMG, so a car can have nice wheels. The README is straight forward & install

is easy. As I recall, it cures "unhandled exception" in most of the cars you can install.