Savegames

Party Mix

Hi, I downloaded all 4 VC savegames in your downloads section but I can't load them. When I try, it says "loading game...please wait," then just goes black. I hear the disc spinning up, but nothing happens. I have to kill the game with task manager because there's no menu or anything. I can save my own games and load them normally. Any help appreciated!

EDIT: I'm using WinXP SP2 if that helps.

Edited by Party Mix

Have you installed some kind of Conversion Mod or any Mod?

And are you using the save game for any Mod>to>Simple Game(on Clean Install)?

No, I'm running the default game, clean install, and AFAIK those savegames were not saved from mods (there's no mention of mods on the download page).

I did find a workaround. If I delete gta_vc.set and start the game with default settings, I can load the savegames. Then I manually reset my controls/audio/video/etc every time I want to play. This sucks, but it works. The only thing I can't change is screen resolution (can't be changed while playing), so I have to play @ 640x480 & 16-bit color. <_<

The gta_vc.set saves your settings and your resolution (did i typed that correctly?) and your resolution can be changed only before starting the game.

Yes, that's what I said before. Apparently there can be a conflict if the person who saved the game was using settings not compatible with your PC. Seems strange that it happens with all 4 of those savegames though. It's either bad luck or there's more to the story.

Party Mix, add this to My Documents > GTA Vice City User Files.

But God help you if your using an ilegal copy of GTA Vice City!

I will be so f***ing mad!

Get this file from me on MSN ([email protected]).

I hear the disc spinning up....

Clearly I own the game if I have the disc in my drive. :yup:

So what exactly do you want to send me? Can you just attach it to a post here, or upload it someplace and post a link? No offense but I don't know you so I'd prefer that everyone else can see the file, just in case it's something nasty. I'm not accusing you, I'm just practicing internet safety. Thanks!

Clearly I own the game if I have the disc in my drive. :yup:

Don't take it personal, we get a lot of people who blow in & want help patching up a non-working copy they downloaded or

"borrowed" from someone.

To reset your resolution, start your game & before you load a save go to OPTIONS, from there you should be able to set a

different resolution.

Anyway, read the rules, etc, welcome & enjoy.

• 6 months later...