The meaning of life

steveyboy

In the eyes of Christians, we exist to nurture and cultivate the planet. My question is... Are we going to be punished for not doing so?

My answer: (Not for the religious) (You have been warned)

Why of course, that big bastard guy in the sky is going to come down and smite us all with his angry rage and lightning bolts, then we will all go to hell and burn in fire and acid and shit for all eternity, which... still wouldn't solve the problem that we fucked up and entire, perfectly prepared ecosystem, that was apparently made in 6 days anyway. 6 days isn't that long to be able to produce intelligent life, provide it with a home and leave us to fuck everything up all over again, is it?

The Bible can, apparently. Just like if i write an entire prophecy, about how I once ruled over all the things in the land, on toilet paper, leave it in a box at the bottom of my garden for people to find, and then they preach it as the truth for millennia afterwards...

Just for extra effect, i try not to say the 'G' word too often, unless I'm blaspheming...

But, this topic wasn't made for Bible, qua'aran (sp?), [insert other religious texts here please] bashing...

Back on topic...

Some argue that the meaning of life is simply as test to see whether you have a good afterlife or not. Or how you are re - incarnated... (However crazy, I DO believe in this)

I don't think the meaning of life is to fuck up the world, but as MLL pointed out, we humans did a good job of doing that!

Personally, I don't think there is a meaning of life. Just become something exists doesn't mean it has to have a point to it.

But.. if it was pointless... then why would it exist, just so it could be there, as if it didn't exist?

*looks into future, senses argument in this topic*

Haah!, I don't belive in god..Who can prove he/she exists?

then what do you believe? who make this world? there's something that you gotta believe you know, and science isn't one of them

look, someone who creates universe is who we called God for a long time, if you don't believe in God, then you have to convince me that there's no universe

i'm just asking dude ^_^

oh, btw, the meaning of life is searching for what you can do to the world, hitler destroyed it, Bill Gates complete the world, poluting people destroys, Al Gore is fixing it

what will you do to the world?

God is not concentrating on us, he concentrate to the earth, which we live in, and the action we will take is either fixing the earth or destroys it :lol:

being born, going to school, getting a job, retire, get put in a nursing home, then death. the same routine for nearly every single human being on the planet. why? who decided that? well i am going to break away from the herd of sheep, i am going to drop out of school, and do something different. ill just go around different countries, seeing all the great sights of the world, eating food from nature, dont need any money to get anywere cos ill walk everywere, or hitch rides on the back of lorries

no, i am deadly serious, i am acctually going to do this. why should we have to live life as one long routine? what is the point in learning all that shit at school, or earning money, when you know you are going to die in the end? the meaning of life is do whatever the fuck you want.