The meaning of life

steveyboy

being born, going to school, getting a job, retire, get put in a nursing home, then death. the same routine for nearly every single human being on the planet. why? who decided that? well i am going to break away from the herd of sheep, i am going to drop out of school, and do something different. ill just go around different countries, seeing all the great sights of the world, eating food from nature, dont need any money to get anywere cos ill walk everywere, or hitch rides on the back of lorries

no, i am deadly serious, i am acctually going to do this. why should we have to live life as one long routine? what is the point in learning all that shit at school, or earning money, when you know you are going to die in the end? the meaning of life is do whatever the fuck you want.

thats one crazy idea, but i know how you feel, when i was at school i used to skive off a go walking around forests and countryside, camping out for a few days and living off the land, my mum didnt mind me skiving cos she knew i had totaly given up on learning at school. and know that i have left i do a lot of traveling around britain and ireland, just at weekends and while im not working. and i love it, and i am planning on going around europe, for about a month. when i can get the time off work. yeah i share your veiw on the meaning of life. do whatever you want to do.

We exist to look after the planet, which we have done a crap job of so far. :P

Yeah, as I have repeated too many times, we as a species have failed so hard. Hardest fail in the history of failures.

Pudding

DAMN.... I don't like pudding >.<

Haah!, I don't belive in god..Who can prove he/she exists?

then what do you believe? who make this world? there's something that you gotta believe you know, and science isn't one of them

look, someone who creates universe is who we called God for a long time, if you don't believe in God, then you have to convince me that there's no universe

i'm just asking dude ^_^

oh, btw, the meaning of life is searching for what you can do to the world, hitler destroyed it, Bill Gates complete the world, poluting people destroys, Al Gore is fixing it

what will you do to the world?

God is not concentrating on us, he concentrate to the earth, which we live in, and the action we will take is either fixing the earth or destroys it :lol:

May I ask YOU why science isn't something you can believe in?

being born, going to school, getting a job, retire, get put in a nursing home, then death. the same routine for nearly every single human being on the planet. why? who decided that? well i am going to break away from the herd of sheep, i am going to drop out of school, and do something different. ill just go around different countries, seeing all the great sights of the world, eating food from nature, dont need any money to get anywere cos ill walk everywere, or hitch rides on the back of lorries

no, i am deadly serious, i am acctually going to do this. why should we have to live life as one long routine? what is the point in learning all that shit at school, or earning money, when you know you are going to die in the end? the meaning of life is do whatever the fuck you want.

I'm not sure of your age, but I do appreciate your breaking-the-cookie-cutter outlook on life. Although, I'm not all that sure whether it's your honest opinion on life or whether you're just going through some rebellious stage in life. Or maybe just TRYING to be different or an out-of-the-box thinker? Who knows. I guess time will tell if you who what you preach.

Quite frankly, I pretty well doubt anyone has gotten the correct answer yet. It's a hard-discussed and even HARDER-debated subject, and it will probably stay that way forever. I, myself, have changed my unclear opinion on it more times than I can remember. I have shared a few of the feelings and thoughts expressed in this topic, only to realize that most were just stupid.

Quite frankly, I don't think a single one of us can find the meaning of life. Sure, we can find the meaning to OUR life, but do you know how long that in itself takes? I think, maybe, if everyone got together, and knew the meaning to THEIR life, it might be possible to put the puzzle together and find out what it is we are doing here. If that were to ever happen, it would take more time than the human mind can process, I assume.

As for end-result, we have a long way to go, and we're mostly heading in the wrong direction.....

Pudding

The meaning of life is for you to STFU :) (Joking)

Off-topic a bit here: I don't really believe in God, why should I believe what a book says? (Yes I'm going to get flamed for saying that proably) I mean science has proof and everything about ways in which we started off and some people think some magical man made the world in 6 days?

I once had an argument about this before with someone else and they said "But if God didn't create the stars to start the big bang then who did?" And well I have one thing to say to that...

If God created the stars and everything then WHO created God? Where is he? Why doesn't he tell us were about to do something else to fuck up the world even more?

Didn't mean to offend anybody by this, just my view on it all.

Haah!, I don't belive in god..Who can prove he/she exists?

then what do you believe? who make this world? there's something that you gotta believe you know, and science isn't one of them

look, someone who creates universe is who we called God for a long time, if you don't believe in God, then you have to convince me that there's no universe

i'm just asking dude ^_^

Because science can be proven. Religion cannot. That's a simple fact. And I always let the facts speak for themselves, whether you like it or not.

Religion is a belief in a higher being. Science is composed of facts. Beliefs and facts are two very different things. Just because you believe a flying pasta monster exists doesn't make it a fact.

Dude You Dont live Life because you are born.You are born because you want to live.

Dont let life take you anywhere.You take your life where you want to.

word-of.jpg

Dude You Dont live Life because you are born.You are born because you want to live.

Dont let life take you anywhere.You take your life where you want to.

i think what he's trying to say is don't let anybody control our lives, and that's good, cause you should never controlled by the man, the system. you want to be free? live free, you want to die? so die, you want to party for as long as you live? so party. a friend once told me to get up and live the live and let god decide way after we die

and spaz, to answer your question, okay, science are not facts of life, science is based by theories made by humans.

and not all of them is completely true, that's why there's always different theories like the earth is flat, the earth is round, the universe creates itself, evolution theory,

really, to take an example, evolution is crap, i mean evolution's trying to tell us that adam and eve are monkeys? and if they're not, then it means that their not the first human in the world right? what i'm trying to say is sometimes science isn't matching their theories with people's beliefs, and if you're not a man of god, i'd say you gotta ask yourself, is the universe really creates itself? what were they before they are universe? just a black empty space?

that's why i never was a man of god, but i always believe that god is the one who make all of this happen so i wouldn't lost in life if someday i'm in the bottom

i mean when you're down because you just broke up, no money to live, someone died or anything, really, who would you turn to? i say it isn't science

and spaz, to answer your question, okay, science are not facts of life, science is based by theories made by humans.

and not all of them is completely true, that's why there's always different theories like the earth is flat, the earth is round, the universe creates itself, evolution theory,

really, to take an example, evolution is crap, i mean evolution's trying to tell us that adam and eve are monkeys? and if they're not, then it means that their not the first human in the world right? what i'm trying to say is sometimes science isn't matching their theories with people's beliefs, and if you're not a man of god, i'd say you gotta ask yourself, is the universe really creates itself? what were they before they are universe? just a black empty space?

that's why i never was a man of god, but i always believe that god is the one who make all of this happen so i wouldn't lost in life if someday i'm in the bottom

i mean when you're down because you just broke up, no money to live, someone died or anything, really, who would you turn to? i say it isn't science

Science isn't fact? It has significant more fact than religion does, though. Theories are made by people looking at what is there and making intelligent guesses and assumptions, then TESTING THE THEORIES to see IF they are correct. If they aren't, they do the process over until they find the right answer. They didn't sit there and go, "Man, I can't figure out how we got here, fuck it! There's a magical guy in the sky who created us! DONE!"

Evolution isn't trying to say Adam and Eve were monkeys.... You're mixing "beliefs" here. In the theory of evolution there was no Adam and Eve. Science isn't there to bend the rules of solid facts in order to make them fit people's beliefs. Don't like your beliefs being proven wrong? Then shelter yourself from the facts.

You only believe in God because you have nothing else? You believe in God so when you're sad you can cheer yourself up? You believe in God because you just can't explain why the universe is there? That's a kind of sad reason to believe in something.

And I shall ask this overly repeated question because NO ONE EVER FUCKING ANSWERS IT BECAUSE THEY KNOW THEY CAN'T..... If God created the universe...... Where did God come from?

Endless. Fucking. Cycle.

If the purpose of us living was to die, than by not living, we wouldn't have to die. In which, again, our beings are pointless by that assumption.

Probably. We've just happened. We perhaps weren't meant to be, it was just an accident. Some molecules somehow got together from which a lifeform was made. Then that lifeform has evolved...

Life is Gods way of playing Sims. Joke.

No, why the fuck can the church talk about life!!!! They are an organisation that killed a lot of people just because they had different believes. And they would still do it if the idea of morality wasn't around!!

Life has no meaning at all, nothing in this fucking world makes sense.

Science isn't fact? It has significant more fact than religion does, though. Theories are made by people looking at what is there and making intelligent guesses and assumptions, then TESTING THE THEORIES to see IF they are correct. If they aren't, they do the process over until they find the right answer. They didn't sit there and go, "Man, I can't figure out how we got here, fuck it! There's a magical guy in the sky who created us! DONE!"

Evolution isn't trying to say Adam and Eve were monkeys.... You're mixing "beliefs" here. In the theory of evolution there was no Adam and Eve. Science isn't there to bend the rules of solid facts in order to make them fit people's beliefs. Don't like your beliefs being proven wrong? Then shelter yourself from the facts.

You only believe in God because you have nothing else? You believe in God so when you're sad you can cheer yourself up? You believe in God because you just can't explain why the universe is there? That's a kind of sad reason to believe in something.

And I shall ask this overly repeated question because NO ONE EVER FUCKING ANSWERS IT BECAUSE THEY KNOW THEY CAN'T..... If God created the universe...... Where did God come from?

Endless. Fucking. Cycle.

well, then i guess nobody knows where'd this world come from huh? that's kind of ironic because we live on earth, we are the most perfect creature on earth, and we can't figure out what is earth

i wasn't trying to create a confusion here, what i said was we should separate science from religion because if it gets mixed up, it could get messed up

and actually i was never offensed by science, i'm just saying not all theories are true man, that's why there's always somebody who makes different theories, and those different theories are what makes you confused about what should you believe

Edited by ArtSweet

We are no where near the most "perfect" creature. Infact, we are one of the single worst creatures this planet has ever had live on it...

apparently, we are. i mean the only one who could change the world, that is by science and solutions, but ironically, again, that most humans are destroying the world instead of making it a better place to live for us all

the worst you mean by behaviour right? i get you, many other creatures would make this world lively for another 10.000 years if humans never existed in this earth

i think (crazy opinion, don't mind me, it just came out) to make this world a better place, we should erase the human race, we all have to die