World War III Maybe On It's Way.....

Scott.

I do mate. AK is just overall better than the M-16.

So less accuracy, lower muzzle velocity, shorter range & a slower rate of fire are better? Okay, keep telling yourself that.

How many of either have you PERSONALLY handled? When you get a chance, run down to the local sporting goods store

& try them both out, let me know what you find out.

smallpancake - At least you went to the trouble to quote a source. Unfortunately, this what your link brought up.

source.jpg

Can you get another link? I'd like to know if it's facts or opinion you're quoting.

As for our presence in the Middle East, we didn't start that problem. The problem started when the US made the decision to

be a friend to Israel & pissed off a few Muslim extremists. After having their collective asses handed to them in the 6 day war they started attacking anyone who supported Israel. Again, we DID NOT start it. You can't even blame the US for re-establishing Israel in '47, it was the British Mandate for Palestine (post WWI League of Nations) & the UN.

Some related reading material -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six-Day_War

I will give you a full point on one thing, we do need to quit dumping money on the Middle East & move on to re-newable

clean fuel sources.

Once again I'll restate, if WW3 happens, it'll be terrorists starting it.

Edited by Urbanoutlaw

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.newstarget.com/022308.html

It's not an opinion, news about the bill has been spreading just about everywhere but the mainstream media.

As for our presence in the Middle East, we didn't start that problem. The problem started when the US made the decision to

be a friend to Israel & pissed off a few Muslim extremists. After having their collective asses handed to them in the 6 day war they started attacking anyone who supported Israel. Again, we DID NOT start it. You can't even blame the US for re-establishing Israel in '47, it was the British Mandate for Palestine (post WWI League of Nations) & the UN.

You got some of it right:

The history, culture, and body of beliefs from which Bin Ladin has shaped and spread his message are largely unknown to many Americans. Seizing on symbols of Islam's past greatness, he promises to restore pride to people who consider themselves the victims of successive foreign masters. He uses cultural and religious allusions to the holy Qur'an and some of its interpreters. He appeals to people disoriented by cyclonic change as they confront modernity and globalization. His rhetoric selectively draws from multiple sources - Islam, history, and the region's political and economic malaise. He also stresses grievances against the United States widely shared in the Muslim world. He inveighed against the presence of U.S. troops in Saudi Arabia, the home of Islam's holiest sites. He spoke of the sufferings of the Iraqi people as a result of sanctions imposed after the Gulf War, and he protested the U.S. support of Israel.

My source? The 9/11 Commission report Pages 47-49.

The notion is that al-Qaeda and jihadist movements in general are fueled by the desire to regain countries from American presence and influence. Osama bin Laden is from Saudi Arabia and we have several military bases there. He wanted us to leave, so the jihadists convinced the people to commit acts of terror in order to weaken America and make us leave.

Heres some other goodies to read

American involvement in the middle east Time line

Osama bin Laden's 1996 Fatwa, "Declaration of War against the Americans Occupying the Land of the Two Holy Places"

Oh and, I think the only plus for AK47s is the reliability factor.

Most "I LOVE THE AK-47!!!!" kiddies are just that.... Kids.... They hear "AK-47", usually at the MAX know ONE other automatic rifle, the M-16((both featured heavily in shooting GAMES)), and think it's the greatest thing ever created even though we've pointed out that in everything IMPORTANT IN A GUN it is the LESSER GUN.

Most "I LOVE THE AK-47!!!!" kiddies are just that.... Kids.... They hear "AK-47", usually at the MAX know ONE other automatic rifle, the M-16((both featured heavily in shooting GAMES)), and think it's the greatest thing ever created even though we've pointed out that in everything IMPORTANT IN A GUN it is the LESSER GUN.

Ya know that the AK-47 was one of the most sold automatic rifles of all time? Why do you think that hapened...

I'm 13 but I don't have a kiddie attitude.

And I actually know lots of guns.

smallpancake - Thanks for tracking down the working links, most people wouldn't go to the trouble.

us senate.gov (website for US Senate) showed only a couple references & noting active. Remember, our government tends

to introduce all kinds idiot legislation. Doesn't mean it's going to pass. As for NEWSTARGET, I can't give a lot of credit to

a report that includes links to buy books from their "sources" like Naomi Wolf's book. Nothing on you, but this looks like

what I'd expect from a supermarket tabloid. Five pages on Google yielded only similar sites.

http://www.amazon.com/End-America-Letter-W...3392797/wsdm-20

Iraq - We put those sanctions in place after we chased the Iraqis out of Kuwait in Desert Storm. Before you launch on that

one, are you old enough to remember Desert Storm? I watched it live on CNN every night when I got home from work. I

also remember watching Tariq Aziz (Deputy Prime Minister of Iraq) state in clear English in a press conference that Iraq's

goal was to drive up the price of gas in the US. One more we didn't start.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tariq_Aziz

The AK - Most sold just means they were more readily available for less money. Number sold has nothing to do w/ quality

or performance. If you're going by "Video Game" performance,... :rofl2: . I can make a Faggio go 300 MPH, doesn't

mean a Vespa is better than other bikes.

(Hypothetical)

I'll make this simple, 1,000 yards (or meters if you prefer) you have your AK + 2 friends w/ AKs & I'll take my

AR-15 (semi-auto) solo. We start walking towards each other & fire when we're in range.

When I walk away from this, I'll have 2 AKs for sale & one for a souvenir.

It could be worse for you, I could use my WW1 Enfield.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee-Enfield

Ron Paul - I spent a couple minutes looking this guy up & I like him. I just wish I knew for sure he could get the support

to beat Hillary. As much as I hate the Idea, I think all he'll do is break up the conservative vote, like Ross Perot did in

'92 (which is how the Clintons got in the first time). From what I've read he's (Ron Paul) one of the most intelligent people

in DC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ross_Perot

I'll get off my soapbox now & let someone else ranr for a while.

You shouldn't blame Americans, nor George W. Bush.

First of all, Americans have got nothing to do with the planning of the war and battle.

And George W. Bush may be an asshole for many reasons but he is no psycho who wants to exterminate the eastern world.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm far from those tin-foil hat conspiracy theory nuts, but if you honestly believe the Bush administration does not have a hidden agenda, you need to come out of your mindless patriotism and look at the facts:

-Undeclared/Illegal war

-Domestic Spying

-Torture

-Subverting National Sovereignty (NAU)

-Eliminating Habeas Corpus

-Violating the Posse Comitatus Act (Our military satellites will now point inward to assist REGULAR law enforcement in REGULAR law enforcement duties.)

-Apparent abuse of Executive Privilege

-Using tax payer funds to pay for political propaganda

-Exposing the identity of CIA operatives as a matter of political retribution

-Suppressing dissent by creating off the media-radar "Free Speech Zones". (The WHOLE U.S.A. is a FREE SPEECH ZONE.)

-Refusing to add the U.S. as a plaintiff in ANY and ALL war profiteering cases.

-Complete incompetence in a time of national disaster/emergency

-Complete and utter contempt towards the American public.

...the list goes on.

And lets not forget the bill that is going to the senate, named Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act. Haven't heard of it?

it is worded in a clever way that could allow the U.S. government to arrest and incarcerate any individual who speaks out against the Bush Administration, the war on Iraq, the Department of Homeland Security or any government agency (including the FDA). The law has already passed the House on a traitorous vote of 405 to 6, and it is now being considered in the Senate where a vote is imminent. All over the internet, intelligent people who care about freedom are speaking out against this extremely dangerous law: Philip Giraldi at the Huffington Post, Declan McCullagh at CNET's News.com, Kathryn Smith at OpEdNews.com, and of course Alex Jones at PrisonPlanet.com

Source

But I'm not pulling ALL of the blame on Bush; Some of the blame goes toward the ones who voted him into office.

In general about war on terrorism - So in the mean time what? We let jackass terrorists fly planes into our buildings & kill

civilians?

War for oil? Well, YES! We're at $3 a gallon (triple in last few years), do we really want to see what $5 looks like? Those

aforementioned disasters are payed for out of our pockets via taxes & those efforts use a LOT of fuel.

This one always makes me chuckle. They don't hate our freedoms, they hate our presence in the middle east. If China were here in the US marching through our streets, I guarantee you would want to fly a plane into one of their buildings. The terrorist attack was provoked.

There is absolutely NO need to invade Iran, especially after information was released declaring their nuclear program as INACTIVE.

And on a side note, that $600 billion could have been spend on alternative fuel development, not satisfying our thirst for oil.

I never said that!

Edited by Joy Division

This WWIII Thing has been waiting to happen for a while. Possibly about 20 Years or so (Numerous 1980's 2000's Wars) worth of wars. We are all expecting it, it's not like there is not going to be a WW3. Basically it's every countries (who are involved in the Iraqi War) fault. The UK, USA, Iraq, Iran etc. Especially since the war has extended to Pakistan.

I do not give a sh*t about Al Qaeda because we all know something is going to happen again soon in the UK or USA. I think both countries are actually expecting it.

smallpancake - Thanks for tracking down the working links, most people wouldn't go to the trouble.

us senate.gov (website for US Senate) showed only a couple references & noting active. Remember, our government tends

to introduce all kinds idiot legislation. Doesn't mean it's going to pass. As for NEWSTARGET, I can't give a lot of credit to

a report that includes links to buy books from their "sources" like Naomi Wolf's book. Nothing on you, but this looks like

what I'd expect from a supermarket tabloid. Five pages on Google yielded only similar sites.

http://www.amazon.com/End-America-Letter-W...3392797/wsdm-20

Iraq - We put those sanctions in place after we chased the Iraqis out of Kuwait in Desert Storm. Before you launch on that

one, are you old enough to remember Desert Storm? I watched it live on CNN every night when I got home from work. I

also remember watching Tariq Aziz (Deputy Prime Minister of Iraq) state in clear English in a press conference that Iraq's

goal was to drive up the price of gas in the US. One more we didn't start.

Ah, you got me. :tongue:

I've read about desert storm, but wasn't old enough to remember it happening.

Ron Paul - I spent a couple minutes looking this guy up & I like him. I just wish I knew for sure he could get the support

to beat Hillary. As much as I hate the Idea, I think all he'll do is break up the conservative vote, like Ross Perot did in

'92 (which is how the Clintons got in the first time). From what I've read he's (Ron Paul) one of the most intelligent people

in DC.

Yeah, I know it's far fetched, but I do believe he has a real shot at the GOP nomination. He's gaining a lot of real support nationally and in the early primary states (New Hampshire, Iowa). It's just a shame he literally does have to rage against the machine...in this case, the mainstream media.

One of the most astounding things is his grassroots support; by far the most dedicated group of people I have ever seen for a presidential candidate.

A grassroots supporter set up a money bomb on November 5th which was a huge success, raising over $4.2 million dollars in one day making him a front runner in GOP fundraising. There is another one planned for this December 16th dubbed the "Tea Party" which will no doubt be a huge success.

They have also raised enough money for a blimp to arrive in Boston for the tea party celebration.

The blimp is just cool.

When Jimmy Carter ran his campaign, he went for the grass roots approach so who knows, Ron might pull it off.

One thing he has going for him is that a lot of people remember the Clinton years & there's a big trust issue w/ Hillary.

Another big consideration will be who she finally picks for a running mate. Just read a clip that she asked Oprah Winfrey &

another one that expressed concern over Obama's previous drug use (Google "hillary clinton running mate" for details).

• 4 weeks later...
It's like dealing w/ a mean dog. Once they realize you're scared of them, they never let up.

There's just no easy win to this one.

Exactly, If we pull out now, we would have a plane in every building in new york city, and washington dc. This is war people are going to die. If the war is still going on when I can enlist (which it probobly will) I will, and I will gladly die for my country. But also, the goal of alot of terrorists that just join, is to just kill an American soldier, alot of them want to do that.