PC RANT >.<

Spaz The Great

So let me start from the beginning, Chestnut can't get into her MySpace because her password isn't working. In reality, the email doesn't exist so no one in theory could've changed the email or password. So I decide to attempt to help her by locating a password cracker((y'know, brute-forcer, those should work)). I find a few and when I extract the files, either Norton is like, "LOLZ WE HAVE PROBLEMZ!!! DELETED THE FILE WITH YOUR CONSENT LOLZ!!".... Or Spyware Doctor deletes them.

So pretty much I have these programs to protect my computer from harm, and they apparently hate malicious software so much that they delete programs that AREN'T EVEN RUNNING. But wait! There's more! These apparently really good programs that are doing so much to protect me by deleting programs I WANT ON MY PC, won't protect me from adware and spyware! Boy, my PC LOVES adware. My system running 2GBs of RAM with a 200GB HDD was LAGGING because of adware and shit months back.

These fucking flawed programs piss me off. Norton doesn't even come with an uninstall, but luckily Add/Remove programs works just fine.

FUCK YOU NORTON. FUCK YOU.

:rofl2:

AVG seeks out & destroys any GTA mod I've downloaded that has a key logger function (like GTA SA console).

Makes you wonder if people writing these programs actually use them. You'd think you at least have the option of ignoring

or flagging the program before it's dumped, or setting a restore point if it is bad.

The part that pisses me off is that we need security software. What I'd give for the land address of some of these little pricks

who think it's funny to crash someone's machine. They'll MISS the time they spent hanging by their underwear in their own

locker.

Kaspersky > All

Ad-Aware > All

Norton is fail, uninstall that shit (if you can) and use Kaspersky for a day, then you'll see why I ride the Kaspersky cock 24/7.

I know, my PC CAME with Norton. I never noticed that Add/Remove Programs was capable of getting rid of Norton, though. But will Kaspersky automatically DELETE files that I might want or NEED? Or will it ask me first?

And Mcafee FTW! :mellow:

Shit sucks.

When Kaspersky scans, anything it detects it will give you an alert about. At the end of the scan you can choose what to do with each of the objects found. You can also add ANY object to an exclusion list so that not only will Kaspersky not touch it at all, but it also won't be picked up in future scans.

I like it because anytime I download something from anywhere, I simply right-click it and scan it with Kaspersky.

Yeah I've always had problems with norton - first the antivirus around 2001 then we got the systemworks thing in 2003.....it worked...sometimes..but it was really frustrating at times....it came pre-installed on my laptop...uninstalled it after 2 days, because of past trouble with it

i use AVG free, its good, does the job without any problems...

I never had any problems at all with Norton until it started blocking the YouTube videos showing properly, I don't think it has a 'exclude website' function for the Personal Firewall.

It only has 8 days left before the subscription runs out and I want to make the most of it, it has protected my computer from over 100000 viruses and other shit, though the occasional Spyware leaks through.

When it does finally run out I'm gonna uninstall Norton and install Avast AT.