Best Ever Heavy Metal Songs..?

Connor

Everyone say what they think are the three best ever heavy metal songs ever...

...I think that Ride The Lightning, One and Battery by Metallica are the best heavy metal songs ever!

Another thing, if you don't want to post about what you think are the three best ever heavy metal songs ever, don't bother posting at all..

Edited by Connor

Everyone say what they think are the three best ever heavy metal songs ever...

...I think that Ride The Lightning, One and Battery by Metallica are the best heavy metal songs ever!

Another thing, if you don't want to post about what you think are the three best ever heavy metal songs ever, don't bother posting at all..

Please obey me..:down:

"Run for the Hills" by Iron Maiden, most of the original soundtrack to "Heavy Metal" (the first one) & "Infested" by Course of

Empire (both versions). Also about anything by Ozzy before he started looking like he had Parkinson's disease.

I'm old school. Deal w/ it & grovel at my feet, YOU UNWORTHY WORMS!!! :evil:

Edited by Urbanoutlaw

Please obey me..:down:

I did post about that. I didn't post something like "I hate metal metal is fur sux0rz lolz lolz". I was just saying there are friggin too many metal songs I like to select just 3 of them and say they're the best. You'll see what I mean with time, when your collection grows to more than a few Metallica songs. ;)

Well I might not be able to list 3 right now (like Slayer can't decide) and Connor don't bitch at me for not "obeying you" please. One definite for me is Orion by Metallica, just a great song (no singing but guitar playing is awesome). But like Slayer said, there's way too many to pick out of. I looked up too see what other people think and found this. on Wikipedia.

Well I might not be able to list 3 right now (like Slayer can't decide) and Connor don't bitch at me for not "obeying you" please. One definite for me is Orion by Metallica, just a great song (no singing but guitar playing is awesome). But like Slayer said, there's way too many to pick out of. I looked up too see what other people think and found this. on Wikipedia.

Okay, but I really couldn't say I'd agree with that list. First of all, bands like Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Guns n Roses, AC/DC, Motley Crue or Kiss are definetely NOT metal. Yeah, some of them affected metal a lot but the bands themselves aren't metal. And it seems like it has too much fanboyism there. Lots of Megadeth, Metallica, Black Sabbath, Slayer, Iron Maiden and Judas Priest, but hardly any other (metal) bands apart from them. I saw a bit of Pantera and Motorhead here, but what's with all those scandinavian and canadian death/power metal bands? Seems just like they've listed trash and rock here... :unsure:

I don't consider anyone who claims all three of the "best metal songs" are by Metallica to be true metal-heads. Judging by that and your age, I'd guess you're just going through a stage and obsessing over a band.

Three best metal songs of all time? Did anyone even have to point out the impossibility of making that list?

Three best metal songs of all time? Did anyone even have to point out the impossibility of making that list?
Best metal songs ever? I can't say, there are just too many metal artists with masterpiece songs. It would be unfair to put some on to of others, or it would take a very long list...
I'd guess I'm not, since I won't stop listening to Metallica, ever..

Yeah, and I've never thought I'll be the one to break up with my gf but here we are...Tho when I think of it, I actually listen to all the stuff I've listened to ever before. I still know to listen to some songs I've listened to when I was 9 years younger :P.

Bearing in mind your age you'll grow up out of those t-shirts in a year or two time :P. Still, your clothes have nothing to do with what you listen to. I like to wear comfortable clothes, I'd never wear leather pants or those leather boots. If we'd talk about clothing, I'd rather dress like a rapper. They have cousy and loose clothes. But I do prefer dark colors.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, and I've never thought I'll be the one to break up with my gf but here we are...Tho when I think of it, I actually listen to all the stuff I've listened to ever before. I still know to listen to some songs I've listened to when I was 9 years younger :P.

unlike a girlfriend, heavy metal doesnt nag you, text you every second of the day, or cheat on you. :lol:

on topic, anything by ted nugent gets my vote

• 2 weeks later...
Yea, but I know I'll never stop listening to Metallica. :P

I've spent £100+ on Metallica CDs and t-shirts. :P

Yeah, and my mom spent HUNDREDS upon hundreds of dollars on New Kids on the Block shit for my sister..... Doesn't mean she still listens to them. When I was 12 I was listening to ICP and thought I'd always listen to them. Now I make fun of juggalos.

I searched my iTunes playlist for "metal" and it returned 871 songs from 65 artists and 104 albums, across 9 different types of metal genres.

You want me to pick the 3 best songs?

Yeah it really is impossible. I went through a phase where I loved Metallica and Iron Maiden, I still listen to them occasionally now, but nowhere near as much as I used to.

Ah, I meant what you feel are the best songs you like to listen to, my bad..

I can never see myself going off Metallica, I listen to the Master Of Puppets album nearly everyday in the car on the way to school, if I'm not listening to Master Of Puppets, it will either be Ride The Lightning or ...And Justice For All. :)

Edited by Connor

I searched my iTunes playlist for "metal" and it returned 871 songs from 65 artists and 104 albums, across 9 different types of metal genres.

You want me to pick the 3 best songs?

Yeah it really is impossible. I went through a phase where I loved Metallica and Iron Maiden, I still listen to them occasionally now, but nowhere near as much as I used to.

2568 files, 14.5GB, and I haven't even selected all of the folders -_-