The PSP

Spaz The Great

You're all wrong: A dollar is worth roundabout 60p, and is close in value to the Euro.

But all I can say is: screw the PSP and it's 2.5 hour battery life, lack of anything new at all, and catalog of games which contains nothing other than watered-down versions of existing PS2 games. It's the DS for me.

You're joking, right? The DS is the same shit that has been done before. Don't believe me? Go ahead and say so. But be ready to be proven wrong.

The PSP is basically a PS2 shoved into a pocket size container. That has been done before. It can play movies, and music. Not to mention the badass games it has. The graphics PWN the DS.... badly. I mean, it's like comparing the PS2 to a N64((maybe not THAT bad)).

Well, actually. Yes. I remember talking to NINTENDO FAN BOY who the DS had N64 graphics. He said it was good for a handheld.

Then we have screen brightness, the DS screen is dull, I know THAT from experience. The PSP screen I heard was pretty bright and easy to see. The DS comes with what, a game? If that? The PSP which will be 250 dollars in America will come with the carrying case, the media player controller, the hand strap, the screen protector, cleaning cloth, a UMD demo disc, and I think a few other things. On top of that, the first million units will come with Spiderman 2 UMD MOVIE.... Not game.

Oh, you do realise it takes HALF the time to charge the PSP then it does the DS? The battery actually isn't even that bad. It's mainly RUMORS spread by NINTENDO FAN BOYS trying to make the PSP look bad.

Besides, does the DS have GTA? Don't think so.

To all those Nintendo Fan Boys. You have been royally served a fresh plate of PWN. How does it taste?

Motha' BITCHES!

Edited by Spasmodically_Insane

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you, like i said before:

Nintendo should just throw a brick threw the window and hit themselves really hard for being stupid with thier DS, all they did was buy some time before PSP ran them otta buisness

And the DS was only made as competition for the PSP. You notice that? Nintendo just wants to compete with Sony. GIVE UP NINTENDO! SONY PWNS YOU!

Playstation, N64.

PS2, Gamecube.

PSP, DS.

PS3, "Project Revolution".

And to all those people who want to tell me "Nu uh! DS come out first! Sony is just trying to compete!". No. The PSP was announced almost a YEAR before the DS was. Don't believe me? Look it up.

You're all wrong: A dollar is worth roundabout 60p, and is close in value to the Euro.

But all I can say is: screw the PSP and it's 2.5 hour battery life, lack of anything new at all, and catalog of games which contains nothing other than watered-down versions of existing PS2 games. It's the DS for me.

Actually, you retarded bizizatch, (I can also make words up) the PSP has a 6+ hour battery life depending on what your playing (WiFi Play, Watching Movies, Playing MP3's, Playing Grand Theft Auto, Viewing Photos or Text) all things impossible with the DS which STILL USES CARTRIDGES! Also, how hard is it to touch a screen, press buttons one both sides of said screen, and hold the system up with two hands?

If it's the DS for you, you're stupid. Maybe instead of Mario's 64 DS's theme song, (A "Watered Down" N64 game) you should listen to:

"...Smokin' too much pot

Smokin' too much pot.

When you think Star Jones is hot

You're smokin' too much pot

Smokin' too much pot..."

also on the DS, 75% of the games are old games but just ported to the DS like Mario Kart 64, Super Mario 64, and so on

And, like Chris82 said, DS is still using cartages, while PSP is using disk the size of gamecube's disc. And Nintendo is even stupid there, making Gamecube's disc 2x smaller than regular disc, so not everything makes it into the final game

Also, I bet gamecube would be using cartages if Playstation hadent made thier games on CD roms -_-

Edited by tommy vercetti guy

The PSP is basically a PS2 shoved into a pocket size container

My point exactly. The PSP offers nothing new.

STILL USES CARTRIDGES! Also, how hard is it to touch a screen, press buttons one both sides of said screen, and hold the system up with two hands?

No game released on DS requires you to press buttons on both sides of the screen and use the touchpad at the same time. Plus, cartridges don't get scratched and generally last longer. Which, if you're like me and are always scratching your CDs, is a good thing.

Plus cartridges don't need to be kept in a box or protective slip, you can just keep them in your pocket. They're better for a handheld console, but not for a living room console, which is why Gamecube used disks - cartridges are more expensive to make. And the reason the GC uses small disks is to save space. Hey, who cares if it means less actual MB? Metroid Prime and its sequel - they're both huge games, and despite being on smaller disks they still rule over most PS2 games (especially Metroid Prime 2, which is the third best game ever - behind Half Life 2 and San Andreas).

Also, I bet gamecube would be using cartages if Playstation hadent made thier games on CD roms

The Playstation used cd-roms, it came out before the N64, which still used cartridges. Why would a company change what system its consoles used based purely on what its rivals were doing, anyway? CDs had been around long before the playstation arrived on the scene. Nintendo switched over because, at the end of it all, cartridges are too expensive to make. But seriously, I challenge you to give one actual reason, other than the manafacturer's cost which barely affects gamers anyway, why using discs is better than cartridges in any way at all for a handheld console.

Oh, and as for the whole PS2/Gamecube debate, all I can say is: I used to be a PS2 fanboy. 'The Gamecube is a Gaycube!' I thought. 'Just look at the cel-shaded graphics on that Zelda game! Ha!'. Then, my little brother actually got a Gamecube for his birthday. Now I've played Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2, the Wind Waker, Zelda collectors edition, Mario Sunshine, and so many other brilliant Gamecube exclusives, and I've changed my mind. Just because these games have cartoony-graphics, don't be put off. You'll find, like I did, that they're utterly brilliant. If only Nintendo could come up with a half-decent marketing campaign (it's a well known fact that Nintendo suck at marketing), they might actually stand a chance against their rivals.

However, one thing I'm sure we can all agree on is that the X-Box sucks.

Anyway, I'm off to boarding school tomorrow, so say what you want to me about this post, because by the time I'm back, this topic will have dropped several pages.

The PSP is basically a PS2 shoved into a pocket size container

My point exactly. The PSP offers nothing new.

STILL USES CARTRIDGES! Also, how hard is it to touch a screen, press buttons one both sides of said screen, and hold the system up with two hands?

No game released on DS requires you to press buttons on both sides of the screen and use the touchpad at the same time. Plus, cartridges don't get scratched and generally last longer. Which, if you're like me and are always scratching your CDs, is a good thing.

Plus cartridges don't need to be kept in a box or protective slip, you can just keep them in your pocket. They're better for a handheld console, but not for a living room console, which is why Gamecube used disks - cartridges are more expensive to make. And the reason the GC uses small disks is to save space. Hey, who cares if it means less actual MB? Metroid Prime and its sequel - they're both huge games, and despite being on smaller disks they still rule over most PS2 games (especially Metroid Prime 2, which is the third best game ever - behind Half Life 2 and San Andreas).

Also, I bet gamecube would be using cartages if Playstation hadent made thier games on CD roms

The Playstation used cd-roms, it came out before the N64, which still used cartridges. Why would a company change what system its consoles used based purely on what its rivals were doing, anyway? CDs had been around long before the playstation arrived on the scene. Nintendo switched over because, at the end of it all, cartridges are too expensive to make. But seriously, I challenge you to give one actual reason, other than the manafacturer's cost which barely affects gamers anyway, why using discs is better than cartridges in any way at all for a handheld console.

Oh, and as for the whole PS2/Gamecube debate, all I can say is: I used to be a PS2 fanboy. 'The Gamecube is a Gaycube!' I thought. 'Just look at the cel-shaded graphics on that Zelda game! Ha!'. Then, my little brother actually got a Gamecube for his birthday. Now I've played Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2, the Wind Waker, Zelda collectors edition, Mario Sunshine, and so many other brilliant Gamecube exclusives, and I've changed my mind. Just because these games have cartoony-graphics, don't be put off. You'll find, like I did, that they're utterly brilliant. If only Nintendo could come up with a half-decent marketing campaign (it's a well known fact that Nintendo suck at marketing), they might actually stand a chance against their rivals.

Anyway, I'm off to boarding school tomorrow, so say what you want to me about this post, because by the time I'm back, this topic will have dropped several pages.

You need help CraC. I use to have alot more respect for you. You are complaining that it offers nothing new? What does the DS do that hasn't been done before.... Hmmm, that's right, nothing. You say the PSP is just waterdowned PS2 games. Well, the DS is just watered down N64 games. Which would you prefer? A PS2 game or a N64 game? I see MY obvious choice, that would be the better one, the PS2 game. Cartridges might be better for carrying in your pocket, but who cares? So you named ONE advantage of your handheld, but I can name NUMEROUS advantages to mine. That's how a basic argument is won. So I have to say this((sorry CraC, never thought I'd be saying this to you)), PWNED!

Nothing new? Ahem? Touchscreen?

Oh, and when I talk about watered down versions of existing games, I don't mean just the launch titles. I mean the kind of games that are likely to be released for each console over the course of time.

And Mario DS isn't just a watered down version of Mario 64. Hell, you don't even play as Mario.

Finally: you say that a PS2 game is better than a N64 one. Well, both have their fair share of turds, and their fair share of awesome games, but that kind of comparism - it just don't work. And I know that I'll never hear the end of it for saying this, but Ocarina of Time is better than San Andreas - those two games representing the finest their console has to offer.

Y'know what? This argument is pointless, and I can't be bothered to carry on since it's clear you've all made up your minds about the PSP and no amount of debating is gonna change them. So, all I can say is - don't be put off Nintendo's games because of their childish graphics and shitty marketing. Not long ago, Nintendo was the undisputed champion of all things game. Go buy a gamecube and Metroid Prime 2. Hell, look in the right places and you can get them both for no more than £80 total. You won't be dissapointed.

A touchscreen on a handheld has been done before. Thank you, good night.

Anyways the touchscreen is fuckin' gay. And annoying. I hate that damn thing. And you know it's just there to sell more products, right? It had no actual purpose and game creators incorporated the touchscreen into their games. Want to know something funny? Alot of it's uses aren't needed. I only played ONE game that needed it. The Urbs, you select with a turn table.

You keep saying things that can go BOTH WAYS.

Yes, you can think of Ocarina of Time better, because for one thing I still want to play it. But thinking statistically((another words, graphics, detail, realism, blah blah blah)), SA wins.

And what makes you think we haven't played any of this stuff you're talking about. The coolest Metroid is the one on NES. I don't like Gamecube because I don't like the games. Nintendo doesn't have bad marketing. Well, atleast they market alot, anyways. I use to always see the animated GC logo on TV.

You talk about us making up our minds. Hell, YOU'VE already made up YOUR mind about the DS and no amount of arguing is going to change it. And most of your argument against the PSP is nothing big anyways. You argued about a sucky battery life, something started by a NINTENDO FAN BOY who doesn't like the PSP because it isn't Nintendo. The DS was just a rushed competition for the PSP. That's all. My friend tried telling me the opposite. I looked it up, the PSP was indeed anounced BEFORE the DS.

I wasn't put off by childish graphics and bad marketing. I was put off because I personally decided that I liked the other game system better. I like PS2 better then Gamecube, why? The games are more fun. What the hell else reason is there? They are also overall better. With the DS vs. the PSP there is alot of factors.

1. Sony is my hero, they have yet to fail me. :wub:

2. Graphics comparison is not even worth comparing. Go ahead, line up Ridge Racers for PSP and Ridge Racers for DS and see for yourself.

3. The games, I like the small selection of games I've seen for the PSP better than any DS game I have seen or played.

4. The PSP can play movies, AND music. What about your little DS?

5. The DS is bulky, I don't like holding it.

There is more, but I've typed enough and I don't need to prove my point anymore.

...No game released on DS requires you to press buttons on both sides of the screen and use the touchpad at the same time...

...Then, my little brother actually got a Gamecube for his birthday. Now I've played Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2, the Wind Waker, Zelda collectors edition, Mario Sunshine, and so many other brilliant Gamecube exclusives, and I've changed my mind...

Then it's stupid. Well, more stupid. Why would you rather fingerprint up a new screen rather then pressing buttons? Nintendo is going down hill. Oh, Mario Sunshine. Best game. Picking up trash on the beach is much more fun then jumping out of a plane at 30000 feet to land on a mountain to get in a bike race and then shoot the other contestants. Also, no game is better than San Andreas, paticularly one on the shi-I mean n64, and if you don't believe me you can go fuck yourself! :pissedred::jumpon:

The PS2 is way less powerful than the Gamecube, and yet its graphics are way better.

It all boils down to polygons displayed per second. Xbox can display 95 million a second, PS2 an 87 million per second, and uh... ahem... Gamecube can display 12 million per second. :P

To all Ds owners, I say, if ya can't handle the heat, then get yuor fat ass out of the kitchen.

Then it's stupid. Well, more stupid. Why would you rather fingerprint up a new screen rather then pressing buttons? Nintendo is going down hill. Oh, Mario Sunshine. Best game. Picking up trash on the beach is much more fun then jumping out of a plane at 30000 feet to land on a mountain to get in a bike race and then shoot the other contestants. Also, no game is better than San Andreas, paticularly one on the shi-I mean n64, and if you don't believe me you can go gently caress yourself! :pissedred::jumpon:

The PS2 is way less powerful than the Gamecube, and yet its graphics are way better.

It all boils down to polygons displayed per second. Xbox can display 95 million a second, PS2 an 87 million per second, and uh... ahem... Gamecube can display 12 million per second. :P

To all Ds owners, I say, if ya can't handle the heat, then get yuor fat ass out of the kitchen.

You're an idiot.

Then it's stupid. Well, more stupid. Why would you rather fingerprint up a new screen rather then pressing buttons? Nintendo is going down hill. Oh, Mario Sunshine. Best game. Picking up trash on the beach is much more fun then jumping out of a plane at 30000 feet to land on a mountain to get in a bike race and then shoot the other contestants. Also, no game is better than San Andreas, paticularly one on the shi-I mean n64, and if you don't believe me you can go gently caress yourself! :pissedred:  :jumpon:

It all boils down to polygons displayed per second. Xbox can display 95 million a second, PS2 an 87 million per second, and uh... ahem... Gamecube can display 12 million per second.  :P 

You're an idiot.

Damn you, I was expecting an argument to argue.

Errrr, let's see, the disk for the PSP scratches too easily. As much as a placement of it on a surface, there's instant scratches. Not to mention the dumb placement of the disk drive or "fliptop", you can easily press the eject button while playing. It should be placed on the side of the console like laptops.

And Spasmodically_Insane, the DS was being planned for even before the PSP was planned for, so, basically, the main focus of the DS is gaming. The PSP is an entertainment center. If you have a laptop, the PSP is a waste of cash, but if you don't have a laptop, it's a cheap purchase to some instant fun.

Any Q's?

Prove the DS was planned first. The PSP was announced at E3 '03 I think. Whenever it was, it was nearly a year before the DS was announced.

Everything the DS does((another words, the ability to play games)), the PSP does better. And it adds more stuff at that. So how is it possibly worse? That is just stupid, it makes no sense. Not to mention it has better games.

The "DS" was also announced at E3 03'. All we knew was that it would be dual-screened.

As I said beofore, if you want a PSP and you're too cheap to buy an expensive entertainment center (a laptop), then you would obviously buy it.

If you're looking for games, you'd want the DS. I mean, TWO screens! One is touchable! You can't direct your character, steer a sterring wheel, etc. with a touch screen on any other gaming platform! It has download-gaming ability, and LAN capability. I mean, the gaming limits are almost maxed. And yet, all the PSP offers is the graphics. Think about it.

To "burn" the PSP again, all you need is a portable or in-car DVD/CD player and/or a CD player to get your entertainment needs on the go. All you'd need from there is a DS. You can do it all at the same time!

I don't know why you'd watch a movie while playing the DS, though, or listening to a CD player for that matter, but my point is made, again.

One more thing... it can't connect to the PS2? What is that? Not even an ability for backwards capability.. WASTE

I know any system with touch screen abilities. But remember kiddies, Playing is good, Touching is bad.

You do know you can play online with the PSP? Straight out of the box. On release date there will already be GAMES with online capability. So what is your point on the whole LAN thing?

Why would you want the DS for gaming, when the PSP has better graphics, and better games? I mean, c'mon, where's the sense in that?

Let's tackle the whole "backwards capabilities". How can a system that is the first in it's line be backwards capable? Think people, don't use a reason that can't be used to argue the PSP.

And on the whole LAN subject, Sony said they are hoping to have online capabilities where the PSP can play online with the PS3. Wow, pretty impressive if you ask me.

Dual screens is pointless. The best use I can think of for it is to have the game play on one screen and the map on the other. But seriously, most players pause the screen if they need to look at a map the size of the screen, because who would want to lose even 4 seconds of unpaused playing time? In alot of games that could be the difference between win and lose, especially fast paced games or games like Ratchet and Clank were you must battle lots of enemies.

I can sum up MOST of your argument with this:

"The PSP can do more than the DS. The DS can only play games so it's better."

EDIT2:

To "burn" the PSP again, all you need is a portable or in-car DVD/CD player and/or a CD player to get your entertainment needs on the go. All you'd need from there is a DS. You can do it all at the same time!

Ok, so carry around 2-3 expensive electronics as opposed to just 1? Right. That makes alot of sense, doesn't it? An IN CAR DVD/CD player? Ok, what about at school? WALKING((or anything that isn't driving)).

How about getting better arguments against the PSP? I keep PWNing these Nintendo Fan Boys, and GOD I LOVE IT!

EDIT: Sorry, HAD to add this after Skyline PMed me about this topic.

To all those Nintendo Fan Boys. You have been royally served a fresh plate of PWN. How does it taste?

Motha' BITCHES!

To tell you the truth, I don't even know why I'm arguing. I just wanted to make one point in the first place: I'm not getting the PSP until it's cheap. I have a laptop that delivers fine entertainment.

I respect the PSP and I think it's really neat, but not for me. I'm covered. ;)

To tell you the truth, I don't even know why I'm arguing. I just wanted to make one point in the first place: I'm not getting the PSP until it's cheap. I have a laptop that delivers fine entertainment.

I respect the PSP and I think it's really neat, but not for me. I'm covered.  ;)

I know how you feel. around 73.6% of my arguments start out as me just making a statement. :lol:

-twitches and shakes- Excitement overload. Couldn't they just send me mine, like a month early or something? :weird:

EDIT BY SPAZ: FUCKIN' SHIT! Chris, make this account unable to post. I'm getting confused. I already screwed myself out of almost 50,000 dollars. I have to get use to having the bank again. :pissedred:

I quoted my post so I could delete it.

EDIT: Mother fucker, I forgot this wasn't one of my forums! :pissedred:

Luckily the flood control caught me before I made a topic with TDS. Chris, delete that post PLEASE and take away TDS's posting rights.