The PSP

Spaz The Great

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, a supporter!

Seriously, who wants to buy a movie they probably already own, for not much less than an actual DVD (don't quote me on that, I don't know how much a PSP movie is) only to watch it on a screen a few inches wide with much worse quality than if you got a decent version of the film?

Well, I guess I'm just a Nintendo fan boy/convert/whatever. Plus I already have an mp3 player (ipod) radio, movie player, portable games machine, and I call it a laptop.

And, just to stir up more a fuss, my laptop is a mac. Because mac are better than microsoft.

And, just to stir up more a fuss, my laptop is a mac. Because mac are better than microsoft.

Hell yeah!

But laptops are bulky, and can't fit in your pocket.

The PSP is 250 dollars, not 400. You are WAAAYY off.

Why is it the only thing people can say against the PSP is that they already have what the PSP offers((in a bunch of different electronics at that)). No one is actually arguing the DS against it. Why settle for less? No one will actually argue the specs of these systems. The way I see it, better games((gameplay)) with better graphics, equals better buy.

Seriously, who wants to buy a movie they probably already own, for not much less than an actual DVD (don't quote me on that, I don't know how much a PSP movie is) only to watch it on a screen a few inches wide with much worse quality than if you got a decent version of the film?

The same people who would be portable DVD players, or DVD players for your car. What's the difference?

No, it's not. It's 250 dollars. Sony announced that.

Not all up for playing a game on a laptop, though. Especially mouse based games, unless you have a USB mouse or something. There is no way in hell I'd use those touch mouses most laptops have to play a game.

You're right. Technically, the PSP is $250, but on PSP's launch in the US, you can only purchase it in a value pack worth, yes, $400. I'm sure you can find the unit alone, though, once Ebay starts up with em.

I have a game pad for my laptop, not a mouse. (When playing games. I don't even have a mouse. It's either the game pad or the standard laptop finger-control)

• 3 weeks later...

Here it is, practically a week before the release of the PSP in America. God am I excited.

Just wanted to get this topic going again.

Some discussion, or maybe more PSP vs DS debating.

I know why Nintendo keeps competing with Sony. Because they are mad at them. Back in the late 80's/early 90's Sony dropped their ass like a bad transmission, THEN went and killed their lead in gaming machines.

For those that don't know what the hell I'm talking about, let me explain.

Nintendo and Sony got together around 1989 to work on a project. It was an extension for the SNES called the Superdisc. Sony ended up dropping them and using the Superdisc to create the system called the Play Station, in 1991. It included a port for the SNES cartridges. But wait, Playstation doesn't have a cartridge slot! The original one did.

Sony then released another PS, dubbed the "PSX"((yep, it was actually called the PSX)). They removed the cartridge slot and focused on the compact discs.

Just a little history lesson for some of the lesser-informed peoples. It's also my theory of why Nintendo keeps attempting to compete. They are mad at Sony. I don't blame them, if someone was helping you with a project, then dropped you, made it themselves, made millions off of it, AND beat you in your own business all at the same time, wouldn't YOU be mad? ;)

Ok, guess what? Yet again my topic has been bumped from the "Last post" area by a n00b's topic. And therefore probably won't be viewed again. So here I am, bumping it yet AGAIN, and triple posting in the process.

I have found that no one seems to be able to agree. It's always one way or the other. I've seen a few that liked both systems, but not alot of people

Well, not to fear! Spaz The Great has yet again solved a problem!

So here is my solution, the DSP Prototype V.1. The Dual-Screen Playstation((and DSP I think sounds better than DSPS)).

p888181.jpg

This is just a prototype, a beta version. I was just playing around to see if I could do it. I will probably do it again and make it better. Like shaving off all of the stuff from the top PSP BEFORE twisting it around and stuff((it will be easier if it is perfectly aligned, I can then work easier)). (Y)

EDIT: After thinking for a while, I decided to wait until I get my PSP to make V.2. The reason being is I need two pictures of the PSP at the perfect angle. As you can see, that is not accomplished in V.1.

What games do you have for it

I probably won't get a game until I go and pick up my PSP((Thursday)).

I have realised alot of people are thinking I have my PSP. Just so you know, it comes in a BIG WHITE BOX. Not a plastic POS. Those are just accessories I got yesterday when I paid of my PSP. I would've gotten a game, but I didn't have much money on me.

Well guess what people? It's officially 9:51 a.m. on Wednesday the 23rd of March. Tomorrow is the big day. God I'm excited. I can't help it.

EB Games is opening at 8:00, so I'm going up there at 7. The guy who works up there that I talk to has his day off tomorrow and he's picking his up and heading straight home. :lol:

And to anyone who is planning on picking it up without pre-ordering it, don't waste your time. I can basically guarantee you they are sold out everywhere. :o

My mate got his on Monday, the store which he bought it released it too soon.

http://boards.gtainjection.com/index.php?showtopic=1444

Well that was the last I heard from him, surely I can understand why.

Edit: Gamespot says the 1st million sold will include Spiderman 2. Oh and if you want a good PSP video review that is over 8 minutes long I suggest you go here >>

http://psp.conics.net/videos/ and scroll down to "system review"

Edited by Smoke

My mate got his on Monday, the store which he bought it released it too soon.

http://boards.gtainjection.com/index.php?showtopic=1444

Well that was the last I heard from him, surely I can understand why.

Edit: Gamespot says the 1st million sold will include Spiderman 2. Oh and if you want a good PSP video review that is over 8 minutes long I suggest you go here >>

http://psp.conics.net/videos/ and scroll down to "system review"

That's a load of shit. The PSP hasn't been shipped to the stores yet. Maybe NOW it has. But the stores DID NOT have them on Monday. Your friend is full of bullshit.