How to identify...Version 1 or 2?

fredlocks

I did a search of the the 3 boards and didn't find what I was looking for, I'm hoping someone can help.

Yesterday, on this site or another, I found a post stating...'it will say 2nd edition on actual game disc"

Is this true? Any hints as how to identify version by disc, UPC, date, content etc...???

Thanks in advance, great site here...glad to be a new member. B)

I did a search of the the 3 boards and didn't find what I was looking for, I'm hoping someone can help.

Yesterday, on this site or another, I found a post stating...'it will say 2nd edition on actual game disc"

Is this true? Any hints as how to identify version by disc, UPC, date, content etc...???

I can't answer specifically to your XBox version but it could be similar to the PC version. My guess is that if you have V2, it will say it in the bottom right corner of the Main Menu screen. If you have V1 on the PC, it says nothing. If you do, it shows 'V2.00'. Hope that helps!

I can't answer specifically to your XBox version but it could be similar to the PC version. My guess is that if you have V2, it will say it in the bottom right corner of the Main Menu screen. If you have V1 on the PC, it says nothing. If you do, it shows 'V2.00'. Hope that helps!

No, i think that don't help.... He's talking of XBox Version not PC version in the xbox nothing appears with v name. The differences of v1 and v2 is the v2 have more bugs fixed.

Hmmm, I'll have to see when I get my XBOX about the title screen.

I did find this info :

San Andreas - "AO" Version

Release Date : 2005-06-07

Manufacturer Part No. 29695

UPC 710425296956

San Andreas - "M" Version

Release Date : 2005-09-13

Manufacturer Part No. 29887

UPC 710425298875

San Andreas - Platinum Hits

Release Date: 9/17/2005

Manufacturer Part No. 29887

UPC ???

It looks like even though mine is rated 'M'...all the numbers match the 'AO' version.

I'm assuming then I have version 1.

I'd still like to know for sure though so anyone with any hints as how to tell, please let me know. ;)

Edited by fredlocks

When did you buy it? If it was near to the time it was released...then it's likely V1... If it's later than that... (like, closer to now) then it's Likely V2... ;)

I bought it off of Amazon last week and the seller assured me that he bought stacks of these before they were pulled from shelves.

I trust him...especially now that the UPC and Manuf. #'s are matching up.

Can i just ask why it matters if you purchased it for the XBOX? I know that V1 allows modding for the PC, but... It's just ridiculously awkward to do that on XBOX...

If you trust the source and the numbers match up, then...well... you an be like 98% sure... I guess...

Yeah man, I kinda jumped into this thing ass-backwards.

I didn't realize 'ALL' the steps involved to mod.

Seems like a super pain from what i've read, I guess at some point i'll have to try to make up that 2% ;)

Like you say though...PC version is the way to go. Screenshots, mods etc...

However, I don't own a PC, i'm on a MAC.

It's cool, i'm not stressing on mods...just thought if I was going to buy the game for XBOX I might as well buy the 1st version instead of Platinum Hits or some other generic version.

Edited by fredlocks

Well, can't you use bootcamp for the Mac? The windows emulator? (yeah, i've done my homework... as a graphic designer, mac looks like the way to go for me). But as far as i know, you could do that... Look into it as an option. ;)

Ass - backwards...love that phrase. And yeah it's a pain, you need a dual layer DVD burner, something to convert the files to .iso, and the time and patience.

Well, can't you use bootcamp for the Mac? The windows emulator? (yeah, i've done my homework... as a graphic designer, mac looks like the way to go for me). But as far as i know, you could do that... Look into it as an option. ;)

Ass - backwards...love that phrase. And yeah it's a pain, you need a dual layer DVD burner, something to convert the files to .iso, and the time and patience.

Boot Camp, indeed...I've been tempted with that option many o' time it seems.

I may have to once I beat SA...or if I look at the mods page too many more times . ;)