Rockstar Games Video Game Console

Harwood Butcher

I was thinking about this last night as I thought about how Manhunt 2 managed to get an M rating after it was dulled down. Since Rockstar games can't release any AO rated games on the PlayStation, since Sony doesn't want AO rated games on their consoles, I thought it'd be cool if Rockstar Games came out with their very own video game console.

What would the system be called? Maybe something as simple as “The Rockstar Games Video Game Console”. But knowing Rockstar they would probably come up with a much more creative name...a shorter one at that. Along with this, if they were to make their own console, would they allow other video game publishers to create games on this system or would it be just for Rockstar video games?

Anyways, please discuss this and give ideas if you could think of any.

Here's a simple idea of what the system could look like.

rockstargamesconsole3dq4.jpg

Edited by Original GTA Master

Well, they would have to let other publishers create games for the console, or they would loose alot of money.

Very true, but they might not want to help out other video game companies by placing their games on their system. Well they'd at least not have any Sony, Nintendo or Bungie games...obviously.

They'd most likely have other games on there if they were to create their own system.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know, but knowing Rockstar they'd make something like this, skin wise, flashy, glowing and awesome.

Rockstar wouldn't make a console though, it'd be a stupid idea, unless they have massive studio's around the world that could bring out games every other week, it would flop, they'd have to bring other companies into the mix, EA would do it, and same with smaller gaming corporations, but one's that are true to the three main corporations, or owned by them wouldn't/couldn't do it.

I know, but knowing Rockstar they'd make something like this, skin wise, flashy, glowing and awesome.

Rockstar wouldn't make a console though, it'd be a stupid idea, unless they have massive studio's around the world that could bring out games every other week, it would flop, they'd have to bring other companies into the mix, EA would do it, and same with smaller gaming corporations, but one's that are true to the three main corporations, or owned by them wouldn't/couldn't do it.

Well the main problem Rockstar is having is getting the games on the consoles, but if they had their own, they wouldn't run into those problems and would release games faster than they are now. I think the consoles would sell.

I Don't belive Rockstar would ever release a console but Take Two could with all the company's games below mixed together

* 2K Games

o Firaxis Games (acquired in 2005)

+ Frog City Software

+ PopTop Software

o 2K Boston/2K Australia

o Take-Two Licensing

o Venom Games, Ltd.

* 2K Sports

o Visual Concepts

o Kush Games

o PAM Development

* 2K Play

o Global Star Software

+ Gathering of Developers

+ Gotham Games

+ TalonSoft

* Jack of All Games

* Rockstar Games, Ltd.

o Rockstar North

o Rockstar Leeds

o Rockstar Japan

o Rockstar London

o Rockstar Vancouver

o Rockstar San Diego

o Rockstar Toronto

o Rockstar Vienna

o Rockstar Lincoln

Now that is a different story, if Take Two brought out a console it would work, every single game they make can go onto it, I mean they have everything. I know for a fact that The Family Guy Game was made by Take Two, GTA was, or at least a little and same with most American Sport games they aren't made by EA.