Gaming Parents

Slyde

I have this friend that gets yelled at from his dad when he does something slightly wrong in a video game (WoW). His whole family plays, and it kind of freaks me out about their lifestyles. I was actually surprised to find his parents to play a fair amount of video games. It never really got to me that parents even like games at all. I taught my dad how to use the internet and he still struggles a bit.

How do you feel about gaming parents? Do you have gaming parents?

I'm pretty sure there are some parents here but since most of us are still students, i reckoned it would be something good to discuss about.

Well, yes :)

In his spare time my father plays some old skool video games, such as Tristan ( he has the highest record ), Volfied and Supaplex ( unlocked all levels many times ) =)) ... Not to mention Solitaire and Hearts ( I love this game too, he tought me how to play it )

He once or twice played GTA III :))

My parents don't really play video games. My dad just isn't the type to see the point in it, and my mom really only plays Pogo.com games 24/7. Sometimes we can get her to play WiiSports but that's rare. She bought the Wii for me and her.... She never plays it and I'm hardly home((or one to play party games by myself, really)).

Pyro's dad plays games, I do believe.

WoW lol. My dad loves to play NHL 2002 with me and in his spare time he would play GTA or TC: NYC. He Plays GTA and TC at night. During the day he plays NHL 02' with me.

edit: Just remembered he likes playing FIFA street with me too. My mom and dad play Spider Solitare day and night. My dad also plays pinball and held the high score of over 5,000,000 points on my old PC.

Edited by Highwire

My Dad plays WWII FPS games on consoles (mainly my PS2 and Xbox 360) and my Mom rarely plays, although we used to play Sonic for Sega Genesis a fuckton in the mid 90's.

I'd LOL and then probably become an hero if my parents tried to play an MMO.

Oh, me and my mom use to play Ms Pacman for Sega Genesis until her fingers would blister((not mine, I've had gamer hands all my life)).

My dad thought Atari was a waste of money & never got it for the house.

The end result, I have grandkids & an X-360, tore ass on Saint's row, Crackdown & various GTAs.

For those wanting less intensive games, try here (legal freebie) -

http://www.toadgames.com/

If you drop in, say hi to Taranheart (AKA Mamma Kitty).

I play my dad most days on PES 2008, he isn't very happy with how the new one plays, he much prefers PES 6. I prefer PES 6, but only because the multiplayer isn't broken, the 1 player for 2008 is so much better, Master League is great. My mum also played TOCA Touring Cars on PS1 ages ago, about 10 years ago, and she wasn't using the directional pad (this was before the Dualshock days), so she kept crashing into the walls. When she realised she had to turn AS WELL AS accelerate, she got worse, somehow, and gave up minutes later. We're not really a gaming family at all.

Edited by the bossman

My father used to play a lot of old school Mario and Mrs.Pac-man. He can still own me at both. Over the summer I went up to visit him and I brought my Wii. He simply loved Wii sports. He also used to play a few sport games with my brother when they lived together.

My mother likes games but she is usually too embarrassed to play in front of me. She is just starting to get back into it with the Wii. She never liked my PS2. To be honest I don't know who likes my Wii more, me or her.