Drift

Elite Clarity

all i want is a car mod. not a car editor. because i dont know how to use it.

Here's my advice; Back up first the handling.cfg file, and try playing with the settings in CarEd. There are modders who post drift settings in Youtube or modding site... Patience is what you need to succeed, homie...

i cant even find a single drift setting stuff at youtube or anywhere else....

What these guys are telling you is that "drift" isn't in the car, that's just a model. To get drift you need to edit HANDLING.CFG

in your DATA folder.

This kind of edit has given me a tank that does 140 MPH & power slides in GTA3, VC & SA (BIG vigilante bonuses).

Like.. I know. I was just telling everyone which vice city car mod in thegtaplace.com can drift.

i'm not asking for car editor and those stuff. all i want is a car mod already made and with stats that

can drift. Get it?

Like.. I know. I was just telling everyone which vice city car mod in thegtaplace.com can drift.

i'm not asking for car editor and those stuff. all i want is a car mod already made and with stats that

can drift. Get it?

You don't get what we're saying? OK, Download a car that you want to drift. Now you will see some files such as the txd textures, 3d model and the like. Install it as usual, and find the name of the car in HANDLING.CFG, which can be edited in Notepad. Mods for sports cars (especially Japanese ones) are likely to have drift handling... I recommend that you use an editor such as CFG Studio. Don't worry, it won't mess up your game, as long as you follow the instructions...

Have fun editing the handling.cfg file; you can sometimes produce interesting results with it - some experienced modders have reached 300+ MPH using a modified handling file...

Edited by Huckleberry Pie

can drift. Get it?

You don't get what we're saying? OK, Download a car that you want to drift. Now you will see some files such as the txd textures, 3d model and the like. Install it as usual, and find the name of the car in HANDLING.CFG, which can be edited in Notepad. Mods for sports cars (especially Japanese ones) are likely to have drift handling... I recommend that you use an editor such as CFG Studio. Don't worry, it won't mess up your game, as long as you follow the instructions...

Have fun editing the handling.cfg file; you can sometimes produce interesting results with it - some experienced modders have reached 300+ MPH using a modified handling file...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dude!! you seriously dont get what i mean!! ...

Well, i know this car and this car can drift, without editing the handling.cfg file.

Now this is my question and please get it right.

Are there ANYMORE cars other than this car and this car that CAN DRIFT?

WITHOUT EDITING HANDLING.CFG FILE.

T Y

-_-

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dude!! you seriously dont get what i mean!! ...

Well, i know this car and this car can drift, without editing the handling.cfg file.

T Y

-_-

Sorry for saying this, but, you're the one who can't understand what we're trying to say; I'm not trying to be rude here, but for the millionth time, the cars' txd and dff files won't work by themselves, you really need to edit the HANDLING.CFG file... It is just some ASCII file that you can open in Notepad... You won't get the drift handling without modifying it!

Here's the drift setting for the car that you want to drift:

BANSHEE		 1425.0 1.84 4.56 1.25 0.00 0.00 0.10 75 0.90 0.80 0.50 5 257.00 31.00 4 P 10.00 0.50 0 30.00 1.75 0.20 0.28 0.52 35000 0.27 -0.16 0.50 0.35 8182 0 1

Read the readme files first before you complain about your car not being able to drift... If you still don't get us, I'm sorry, try asking chris82 instead... He's a real veteran when it comes to modding things...

Edited by Huckleberry Pie

T Y

-_-

Sorry for saying this, but, you're the one who can't understand what we're trying to say; I'm not trying to be rude here, but for the millionth time, the cars' txd and dff files won't work by themselves, you really need to edit the HANDLING.CFG file... It is just some ASCII file that you can open in Notepad... You won't get the drift handling without modifying it!

Here's the drift setting for the car that you want to drift:

BANSHEE		 1425.0 1.84 4.56 1.25 0.00 0.00 0.10 75 0.90 0.80 0.50 5 257.00 31.00 4 P 10.00 0.50 0 30.00 1.75 0.20 0.28 0.52 35000 0.27 -0.16 0.50 0.35 8182 0 1

Read the readme files first before you complain about your car not being able to drift... If you still don't get us, I'm sorry, try asking chris82 instead... He's a real veteran when it comes to modding things...

OMG.. in short... VCM FILES. Get it now?

yea its wierd that u ordered everyone around because u know that we are actually doing a favour for you responding to this whole thing and trying to help you? Its not our fault that you havent stated clearly that your looking for VCM files... So dont flip out on Huck because hes just tryin to help... And anyways it be easier to learn how to mod the Handling file but its your thing...

can drift. Get it?

T Y

-_-

Why not try asking for VCM files nicely instead of ordering them about. Your a "New Member" of the GTA Place, not the Boss.

I'll look around for VCM files for you. But if I see any posts of yours ordering other members around again, say good bye from me helping you find VCM files! -_-

sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry a million times....

man i wana die..

He wants a custom HANDLING.CFG, too lazy to fiddle around himself..:P

thats right..

I think he's been asking for cars that've been pre-made to drift. As in, custom car, custom handling line to drift. Or did we come to that conclusion already? :s

thats totally what i wanted.

can drift. Get it?

T Y

-_-

Why not try asking for VCM files nicely instead of ordering them about. Your a "New Member" of the GTA Place, not the Boss.

I'll look around for VCM files for you. But if I see any posts of yours ordering other members around again, say good bye from me helping you find VCM files! -_-

i dont order other members. i just ask them to try help me find 1.

i myself have been finding 1 since june or july. seriously.

yea its wierd that u ordered everyone around because u know that we are actually doing a favour for you responding to this whole thing and trying to help you? Its not our fault that you havent stated clearly that your looking for VCM files... So dont flip out on Huck because hes just tryin to help... And anyways it be easier to learn how to mod the Handling file but its your thing...

hey man. dont get me wrong but im not ordering anyone. and thats understood.

im seriously not ordering anyone.

if you think i'm ordering you i'm sorry i didn't mean to.

OMG.. in short... VCM FILES. Get it now?

Dude!

You dont order members around here to get you Mods! ;)

You could have stated that in your very first post that you wanted .VCMM files.

sorry.. alright?

Edited by EliteClarity

well.. i got another problem..

i was making a tokyo drift mitsubishi lancer evo 8..

well.. look at what happened when i opened my game..

post-13609-1195041680_thumb.jpg

Car colors... Usually, a car mod comes with a readme file; they might contain lines for the default.ide and carcols.dat. Copy them and paste it to the config files... The white car problem may be caused by a missing, incorrect or corrupt txd - find the txd file in the mod package and add it to your gta3.img file...

well.. i got another problem..

i was making a tokyo drift mitsubishi lancer evo 8..

well.. look at what happened when i opened my game..

post-13609-1195041680_thumb.jpg

WOW! Nice car and neons.

Erm... My suggestions, our to make sure you did everything correctly in the readme. I tried installing a Pueguot 205, and it was totally white :o

To be honest, I am CRAP at installing cars bikes boats etc etc...

When I installed a fast car, Lambo Galardo it gave me a damn unhandled exception error :(

Did u create that yourself Elite Charity or did you download it cuz it makes a huge difference

1.The .dff was made by my older sister, a 3d expert..

Thats the first and last car shes gonna make for me.. cause shes always busy.

EDIT: second and last car shes gonna make for me. sorry for typo. =\

2.The .txd was for a San Andreas Mitsubishi Evo 8 car and converted it to Vice City .txd.

I downloaded it WITHOUT the .dff..

3.Type my name correctly next time.

4.Thank you. :mellow:

Edited by Elite Clarity