Guitar Hero III

Spaz The Great

I'm gonna get it for PS2, but it's not out in Blighty yet... I actually felt it was already out, for some bizarre reason. @ Mpilk, if it's the same as Rocks The 80's, then I'm taking it back, because Rocks The 80's is SHIT, don't bother with it. I wasted £30 on it.

I despise the fact it's so short though, if it had at least 50 songs, I would be happier. Even if they were yet more unknown songs by anonymous artists, at least there's more choice and more possibilities. I'm looking forward to GH3 though, it will easily match GH2, at least for the last gen consoles. For the next gen, or current gen, consoles, the downloadable songs and boss battles make it a must-have IMO.

Where did you find that? Is it made by Red Octane? If not, you can't use it past the original Guitar Hero. In Guitar Hero II they supposedly made it so you could only use THEIR guitars to play.

Well it's brand new, so I'd imagine it works with the game...or else it woulndn't make sense in making it.

EDIT: I found it at Best Buy. Check out the official site.

Edited by Original GTA Master

Where did you find that? Is it made by Red Octane? If not, you can't use it past the original Guitar Hero. In Guitar Hero II they supposedly made it so you could only use THEIR guitars to play.

Well it's brand new, so I'd imagine it works with the game...or else it woulndn't make sense in making it.

EDIT: I found it at Best Buy. Check out the official site.

You do know that's a PS2 controller, right?

Don't worry I sucked at Guitar Hero too but just practice and you'll get better. I used to just watch my friends play Guitar Hero and practice the notes in the air as they came up on the screen, it actually helped alot!

That's actually hard for me to do. I get confused trying to air-Guitar Hero. And I play on medium.

I have a question for those of you that own the game...why not buy a real guitar?

Some of you might say you do own a guitar...but then why would you buy a fake one?

Just curious...

The simplest way to answer this is:

Why buy Gran Turismo? Why not just go out buy a super expensive car and race in real life? Why buy first person shooter games? Why not go buy Ak-47s and M16s and shoot each other?

Both Chestnut and I own real guitars((I have three in my room)). But you can't plug that into your Wii/PS3/360/PS2/PC and play Guitar Hero with it. So instead we have to buy the fake ones in order to play the game.

Yes, I know, a tad sarcastic, but my point is that it's a video game. A rather fun one, at that. And playing a guitar and playing Guitar Hero are no where even near the same thing. In fact, most guitar players find it harder to play the game than non-guitar players. Yes, experience with guitars will make your learning experience of Guitar Hero harder. Or, at least, it's very possible.

Yeah...I do know that. Guitar Hero III came out for the PS2 as well.

Why buy Gran Turismo? Why not just go out buy a super expensive car and race in real life? Why buy first person shooter games? Why not go buy Ak-47s and M16s and shoot each other?

Both Chestnut and I own real guitars((I have three in my room)). But you can't plug that into your Wii/PS3/360/PS2/PC and play Guitar Hero with it. So instead we have to buy the fake ones in order to play the game.

Yes, I know, a tad sarcastic, but my point is that it's a video game. A rather fun one, at that. And playing a guitar and playing Guitar Hero are no where even near the same thing. In fact, most guitar players find it harder to play the game than non-guitar players. Yes, experience with guitars will make your learning experience of Guitar Hero harder. Or, at least, it's very possible.

Well your two examples can't really compare to the real things at all, even if you were being sarcastic, where as Guitar Hero and a real guitar can.

"you can't plug that into your Wii/PS3/360/PS2/PC and play Guitar Hero with it"

Sort of like you can't plug in the guitar you get with Guitar Hero, into an amp...

I don't know what guitar players you're talking about, but ones that I know have no trouble playing Guitar Hero.

I just don't see how the game could be more fulfilling than playing an actually guitar. Grant it, I'm thinking of buying the game myself, but I think it's too expensive. This is where I lack understanding as to why someone would pay for a fake guitar that cost more than a real one.

PS: I know most guitars probably cost more than this game, but there are some that don’t.

Yeah...I do know that. Guitar Hero III came out for the PS2 as well.

Well your two examples can't really compare to the real things at all, even if you were being sarcastic, where as Guitar Hero and a real guitar can.

"you can't plug that into your Wii/PS3/360/PS2/PC and play Guitar Hero with it"

Sort of like you can't plug in the guitar you get with Guitar Hero, into an amp...

I don't know what guitar players you're talking about, but ones that I know have no trouble playing Guitar Hero.

I just don't see how the game could be more fulfilling than playing an actually guitar. Grant it, I'm thinking of buying the game myself, but I think it's too expensive. This is where I lack understanding as to why someone would pay for a fake guitar that cost more than a real one.

PS: I know most guitars probably cost more than this game, but there are some that don’t.

Ermmm.... Guitar Hero doesn't compare to playing a guitar, and you said it yourself in that very post. And yes, you can't plug a GH controller into an amp. I do believe that was exactly my point. Do you ask guitar players why they don't just buy Guitar Hero? Of course not, because they want to play guitar. Guitar Hero players want to play Guitar Hero.

Do these guitar players you speak of play often? Because then of course they'd have no problem. I'm speaking in terms of learning the game. It's usually harder for guitarists. Not only have most of the guitarists I know had trouble with the game, but SLASH himself said it was hard to play at first being a guitarist.

Playing Guitar Hero ISN'T as fulfilling as as playing a guitar. But as I said, driving simulators and shooting games don't provide the rush that driving a car and shooting a gun in real life provide, do they? So again, why question it? It is a videogame. I answered the question best when I said "Guitar Hero players want to play Guitar Hero", I guess. We like it simply because it is fun to play.

And you can go far on a First Act guitar, which you can pick up at Walmart for 70-100 dollars.

Ermmm.... Guitar Hero doesn't compare to playing a guitar, and you said it yourself in that very post. And yes, you can't plug a GH controller into an amp. I do believe that was exactly my point. Do you ask guitar players why they don't just buy Guitar Hero? Of course not, because they want to play guitar. Guitar Hero players want to play Guitar Hero.

I wouldn't ask them that at all...

Do these guitar players you speak of play often? Because then of course they'd have no problem. I'm speaking in terms of learning the game. It's usually harder for guitarists. Not only have most of the guitarists I know had trouble with the game, but SLASH himself said it was hard to play at first being a guitarist.

It's still hard for me to play. There are just some that are good at the game and some that aren't.

Playing Guitar Hero ISN'T as fulfilling as as playing a guitar. But as I said, driving simulators and shooting games don't provide the rush that driving a car and shooting a gun in real life provide, do they? So again, why question it? It is a videogame. I answered the question best when I said "Guitar Hero players want to play Guitar Hero", I guess. We like it simply because it is fun to play.

You can't compare driving games to real life because most of the things in those games you can’t do in real life, without getting injured or having to pay tons of money. It’s the same with shooting games. You could do more with a real guitar and spend less money getting one than with Guitar Hero.

But if your reason is just because it's fun...well ok then. But how is it more fun than playing an actual guitar?

No one ever said it was more fun than playing an actual guitar. But why would that mean we shouldn't buy and play it? I like playing Zelda more than GTA but that doesn't mean I don't play GTA.

I think the Wii is WAY cooler than the PS3, so why do you waste your money on it when the Wii is cheaper?

No one ever said it was more fun than playing an actual guitar. But why would that mean we shouldn't buy and play it?

Go to the movies or shove nails in your foot. No one ever said that shoving nails in your foot was more fun than going to the movies, but why would that mean we shouldn't shove nails in our foot? :P

I like playing Zelda more than GTA but that doesn't mean I don't play GTA.

:mellow: ... :huh: ... :o ... :wtf: ... :weird:

I think the Wii is WAY cooler than the PS3, so why do you waste your money on it when the Wii is cheaper?

Because PS3s are easier to find. :P

Touche. Just a few months ago Walmart was actually keeping them in stock. Stupid fucking Christmas season is what did it.

And yes, I'm pretty much currently bored of GTA. I'm also currently replaying Ocarina of Time for the second time in less than a year. Thinking about hitting up Twilight Princess again afterwards, or maybe just doing the rest of the odd ball shit in my current file.

And um... Guitar Hero is fun. Shoving nails in your foot isn't? Or maybe it is. Never tried it. Probably never will, really.

I need to start playing Guitar Hero III again. Haven't played it since like Monday..... And I was high while playing it. Shit was awesome. I kicked the devil's ass on medium WHILE BLAZED. Like, I almost passed the fuck out and then I laid down and busted out Guitar Hero.

The fake guitar isn't even a guitar in the slightest, it's just a guitar shaped piece of plastic with buttons on it..

The reason why people who play Guitar Hero don't just buy a guitar instead, is that Guitar Hero is just pressing a sequence of buttons to beat a level, or something like that, and has no resemblance to a guitar, that's why people like it, as they feel they can play the sickest of tunes..

Touche. Just a few months ago Walmart was actually keeping them in stock. Stupid fucking Christmas season is what did it.

And yes, I'm pretty much currently bored of GTA. I'm also currently replaying Ocarina of Time for the second time in less than a year. Thinking about hitting up Twilight Princess again afterwards, or maybe just doing the rest of the odd ball shit in my current file.

And um... Guitar Hero is fun. Shoving nails in your foot isn't? Or maybe it is. Never tried it. Probably never will, really.

I need to start playing Guitar Hero III again. Haven't played it since like Monday..... And I was high while playing it. Shit was awesome. I kicked the devil's ass on medium WHILE BLAZED. Like, I almost passed the fuck out and then I laid down and busted out Guitar Hero.

Well I could see why Guitar Hero is fun to play while you're high, but I don't do that shit.